2012 Obama Electorate Breakdown, by State and Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:34:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2012 Obama Electorate Breakdown, by State and Race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Obama Electorate Breakdown, by State and Race  (Read 7576 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2015, 12:35:59 AM »
« edited: January 24, 2017, 08:28:45 PM by Fmr. Pres. Griffin »

I think this is self-explanatory, and was made in part to help with my ongoing Obama white voters by county project.

View full-sized image

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:13:27 AM »

I wonder if there would be any state on the Republican side where the electoral makeup is less than 80% white.

Arizona and California surprise me, seems like Latinos should be more of the Democratic electorate in those states.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 03:53:22 AM »

I wonder if there would be any state on the Republican side where the electoral makeup is less than 80% white.

Arizona, Utah, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina (and WV, AR and KY if you mean for this particular election).
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 12:04:54 PM »

Arizona, Utah, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Texas, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina (and WV, AR and KY if you mean for this particular election).

I thought EG meant states where Romney voters were less than 80% white. Likely that would only be Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and possibly Florida.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 02:25:33 PM »

Very cool! Cheesy
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:29:27 PM »

I thought EG meant states where Romney voters were less than 80% white. Likely that would only be Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and possibly Florida.

Ah, that makes sense!

The map is now complete.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 04:08:38 AM »

I think you made a mistake with Connecticut; black is listed twice.

On the other hand, I'm surprised about Indiana and Maryland. Indiana Democrats are more white than I would have expected, and Maryland whites are less white than I had thought.

Yep, fixed - should have been 19% black, 11% latino.

MD was surprising to me, too, but from the opposite perspective - I thought it would have been plurality or majority black. After all, it is almost as black as GA as a % of the population. In addition, IN is less than 10% black.

The other ones that kind of shocked me were:

• HI Democrats being plurality-white instead of Asian (given MoE; it very well may be)
  • SC Democrats being almost only plurality-black
  • TX Democrats literally being divided into thirds
  • DC Democrats being as white as they are; blacks and whites there are almost comparably D
  • AZ Democrats being so white
  • General weakness of Latinos nationally (even knowing before their terrible turnout rates)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 04:59:35 AM »

Very cool stuff!
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 12:04:40 PM »

Also Hawaii, Oklahoma, and Alaska perhaps?
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 01:07:54 PM »

The other ones that kind of shocked me were:
  • DC Democrats being as white as they are; blacks and whites there are almost comparably D

Is the black-white parity among the population as a whole and RV, or just the population? Because I'd expect black voter participation here to be much higher than white voter participation due to the white population being much more transient.

But I'm not surprised Obama's D.C. coalition included so many white voters - the overwhelming majority of white voters here voted for him.
seb_pard
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 07:39:32 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2016, 07:44:32 PM by seb_pard »

I think this is self-explanatory, and was made in part to help with my ongoing Obama white voters by county project.

View full-sized image

I think this is a good tool to predict the racial breakdown of the democratic primaries by state. And according to this, Alabama could be much worse to Bernie than South Carolina.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 05:43:18 PM »

Is there any way to get access to this map? I have tried, but it says that the image is riddled with errors.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 11:28:26 PM »

Is there any way to get access to this map? I have tried, but it says that the image is riddled with errors.

-Use Internet Explorer.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 08:29:14 PM »

Imgur links broke on Atlas some time ago after they blocked us. I've updated the image URL so it should work for everyone now.

For future reference, what I have to do to get these to work in Chrome is open them in a new tab, and then physically click the URL/hit enter. Usually, they load up just fine after that. You can also try copying the URL and opening/refreshing in a different tab or window.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 09:35:16 PM »

I'm shocked by the high Latino % in Mississippi along with TX (split in 3 groups) and DC not being as diverse as I thought it would be.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 11:13:10 PM »

Tennessee's adds up to 110%.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 02:47:04 AM »

They probably meant to write 2% instead of 12% is my guess.
mianfei
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2020, 12:34:36 AM »

View full-sized image

Very good map, but I have one question:

In the states of New Mexico, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Montana, what percent of the Democratic electorate in 2012 – and other recent elections – is Native American?

I imagine it would be at least 5 percent in all those states, and recent Democratic declines in North Dakota and South Dakota suggest that in 2016 and 2020 (and 2000) the Native percentage would have been in double digits? In fact, given the extreme volatility of those states, the loyally Democratic electorates of those states must have a much higher Native American percentage than the raw figure in 2012.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2020, 04:13:08 AM »

Very good map, but I have one question:

In the states of New Mexico, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Montana, what percent of the Democratic electorate in 2012 – and other recent elections – is Native American?

Yeah, in those states specifically, the overwhelming majority of the "other" categories are Native American. I no longer have the breakdowns on-hand but I would guess that no more than 1-2% of the total Obama electorate in those states were non-Native American "others".
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies