PA-Quinnipiac: Toomey way ahead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:05:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  PA-Quinnipiac: Toomey way ahead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Quinnipiac: Toomey way ahead  (Read 6211 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 06, 2015, 07:18:09 AM »
« edited: April 06, 2015, 07:30:32 AM by IndyRep »

Toomey (R)..... 48%
Sestak (D)..... 35%

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/2016-presidential-swing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=2183

But tell me again, OC, how the convention will oust Toomey Wink Anyway, this is a surprisingly big margin, as surprising as Hillary's numbers in PA. Their PA polls seem to be skewed towards the GOP, I doubt that PA is so much more Republican than OH.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 09:59:06 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2015, 10:03:29 AM by IndyRep »

Early polls rarely paint an accurate picture of the race, especially in wave years, either way. If we look at 2014, right now you would have thought Peters was going to lose in Michigan and Pryor was going to win in Arkansas.

Hagan and Begich were also +20 approval rating this time in 2013.

Carter, Dukakis and Bush II were also ahead by 15-20 points one year before their election as I'm sure you know Wink If Toomey is not inevitable (which he isn't), Hillary will be neither Smiley
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:46:45 AM »

Early polls rarely paint an accurate picture of the race, especially in wave years, either way. If we look at 2014, right now you would have thought Peters was going to lose in Michigan and Pryor was going to win in Arkansas.

Hagan and Begich were also +20 approval rating this time in 2013.

Carter, Dukakis and Bush II were also ahead by 15-20 points one year before their election as I'm sure you know Wink If Toomey is not inevitable (which he isn't), Hillary will be neither Smiley

Taking things in a vacuum and looking for a pattern is asking to be wrong. I bet you were part of the crowd that thought Romney was going to win because the Redskins lost the Sunday before election day.

Carter and Bush II had national tragedy rallies on their numbers. 1987 had a stock market crash and recession that hurt Bush I. They weren't genuinely what their numbers were at this point.

We are in a low point for Hillary Clinton, where she is getting attacked by the media religiously.

Nah, I was talking about Bush II in 1999. Anyway, if anything, Hillary has reached her ceiling in the current polls, this doesn't have anyhing to do with a "pattern". Common sense tells me that she won't win by more than 20 points. And it also tells me that such a huge lead is largely based on name recognition (not kidding). Hillary is only narrowly leading Bush, the most known GOPer. Once the campaign starts, her lead will evaporate. If she takes the election for granted, she will lose. It's really simple. And btw: Dukakis' and Carter's leads were not only based on a recession or a hostage crisis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies