2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:01:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE!  (Read 51866 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: April 06, 2015, 11:47:15 AM »

+100. I can't be a big help here (living abroad and being almost completely Internet-based), but waitng for the result with great interest. BTW - what is so special in that Mississipi county, that gave Obama only 2% of white vote? Even by Deeep South standard that's something

I can't necessarily speak for RGriffin, but when I calculated for Mississippi, I used some constant assumptions across counties, a constant black and white turnout percentage across the state, and constant minority percentages in the breakdown (I think it was 96-4 for blacks, around 75% or so for Hispanics and Native Americans, etc.) Whatever is left would be my calculated white vote.

However, if for some reason a county had a black turnout that was a lot lower than the state average, or for some reason Romney did better with blacks (I don't know why that would be the case in Mississippi, but there had to be some county-to-county variation), it would make the calculation undercount white votes for Obama.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 07:15:42 AM »

SC has been added to the map.

2012 statewide share of the white vote for Obama: 23.4%

I hear numbers like that and I just get jealous. If Democrats could get 23.4% of the white vote in Mississippi, we'd be a solidly Democratic state, and probably pretty inelastic about it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 03:19:50 PM »

You should send this map to the Huffington Post. It could make the main page...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies