2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:24:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 White Obama Lovers Map by County Project: COMPLETE!  (Read 51832 times)
Craziaskowboi
Rookie

« on: August 09, 2015, 03:09:52 AM »

Pennsylvania has been added.

PA 2012 statewide share of the white vote for Obama: 44.0%

I invite those familiar with PA to give it an extra-close inspection, as the general variance in color throughout many areas makes me wonder if I could have made any mistakes. This may just have to do with PA having relatively few, large counties.

Well, so much for what James Carville said. First of all, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia clearly aren't the only parts of Pennsylvania with a significant population of white Obama supporters. Second of all, the most conservative county in Pennsylvania (Fulton County) still had a higher level of Obama support among whites than the state of Alabama did, and was essentially equivalent to the most conservative county in both Ohio and Illinois, despite neither of those states getting the "hick" label slapped on them as often as Pennsylvania does. The "rural T" in Pennsylvania looks more like Indiana than Alabama on those maps.
Craziaskowboi
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »

But seriously, this map is a godsend. Now I can quantify with actual data exactly how wrong James Carville was in his analysis of Pennsylvania politics. For example, I can illustrate that all but eight counties in Pennsylvania gave Obama at least 25% of the white vote, while all but eight counties in Alabama gave Obama less than 25% of the white vote. What a stark contrast! It's as if James Carville really didn't know what he was talking about after all!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies