Atlasia v. StatesRights

(1/6) > >>

Peter:
Filling in my capacity as a Federal Officer, the Vice President of the Republic:

Quote from: Governor StatesRights on April 26, 2005, 01:37:37 PM

My second act as Governor of the SE Region is to immediately nullify The Marriage Equity Act. I feel that the people of the Southeast have not had the right to voice their opinion on this matter, the proper manner in which this issue should be addressed and that's at the polls. I feel this Act oversteps the bounds of the federal government and is a clear violation of region rights. The southeast will no longer recognize any "gay marriage" as a legal contract of any sort. I would ask for a citizen of the southeast to propose a bill dealing with this matter, if he/she wishes, so it can be voted for by the citizens of the southeast.

We challenge the actions of the Southeast Governor on the following fronts:

The Constitution, specifically in the Supreme Court Jurisdiction and Authority Amendment, states: "The Supreme Court shall be the sole body in the Forum with the authority to nullify or void federal laws."

There is no avenue for a Regional government to nullify federal Laws as the Southeast Governor has done. He is therefore completely beyond his authority and I ask the Court to order him to reverse his previous action immediately and to give the federal government the power to enforce that ruling to the fullest extent.

I also ask the Court to reject any claim the defendant may raise that this law is unconstitutional:

The Constitution clearly delegates the power to the federal government "To establish uniform rules of ... Marriage" in the Powers of the Senate and the Regions Amendment. This Law defining marriage is fully authorised by the Constitution

KEmperor:
Very well, the Court will begin proceedings shortly.

12th Doctor:
LOL... a fitting title if I have ever heard one.  :)

King:
Unless some rock hard regional rights attorney defends the Southeast (Ernest?), this case is pretty solid.

A18:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rule
A thin metal strip of various widths and designs, used to print borders or lines, as between columns.

Clearly the framing intent was to allow the federal government to establish uniform rules for printing marriage documents. This unjust federal stretching of definitions must be stopped!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page