What president won the most congressional districts? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:26:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  What president won the most congressional districts? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What president won the most congressional districts?  (Read 1842 times)
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« on: June 28, 2021, 12:21:49 PM »

Not sure Reagan ‘84 is the answer, but I do know he was the only one to win the majority of CDs in each state including Minnesota. Nixon ‘72 only won one CD in Massachusetts.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 06:49:09 PM »

Not sure Reagan ‘84 is the answer, but I do know he was the only one to win the majority of CDs in each state including Minnesota. Nixon ‘72 only won one CD in Massachusetts.

It probably wasn't Reagan, as Mondale won some congressional districts that McGovern didn't and performed better in urban areas. I'll look at the 1984 CDs map later and see if I can determine approximately how many Mondale carried.

Now I’m wondering if maybe Roosevelt ‘36 is the answer….only lost two small states. His only narrow win was another small state. Only three more states were even in single digits. Landon did win more counties than Mondale though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies