A More Libertarian GOP Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:44:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  A More Libertarian GOP Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A More Libertarian GOP Map  (Read 5731 times)
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« on: April 13, 2015, 11:49:14 PM »

I don't know where people get the idea that a libertarian would carry Oregon and Washington. Sure, the eastern rural (already Republican) parts of those states would embrace a libertarian, but the cities and counties where all the votes come from in these states are too far left economically.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 01:20:45 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2015, 01:22:37 AM by Joshua »

I don't know where people get the idea that a libertarian would carry Oregon and Washington. Sure, the eastern rural (already Republican) parts of those states would embrace a libertarian, but the cities and counties where all the votes come from in these states are too far left economically.

Doesn't Washington have pretty low tax rates or maybe even none at all, and aren't most of their Democrats pretty centrist?  I think a moderate enough Republican could peel off suburbanites there, as Tom suggested.

Sure a moderate Republican could win. I'm pretty sure there's one statewide elected Republican in Washington (SoS?)

But the stipulation of this thread was a libertarian candidate carrying the northwest. Sure there are things they could connect to the state with. But there's policy baggage with being a true libertarian, and if candidates are campaigning on wanting to abolish a host of government agencies, that sends a pretty obvious red flag. They'll keep voting for their left leaning and centrist Dems.

[Edit]: I also disagree with the map posted above that shows Dems making gains the South (LA, AR, KY, WV) if the GOP turns libertarian. (Mississippi = Solid D though Wink )
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies