Who was hated more Bush by the left or Obama by the right
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:13:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who was hated more Bush by the left or Obama by the right
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who was hated more Bush by the left or Obama by the right  (Read 3331 times)
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 01:42:48 AM »

The main difference is that the right had a lot more power than the left. A majority of Senate "Demcrats" voted for the Iraq war, they helped pass the idiotic tax cuts, and the Medicare Part D boondoogle. Meanwhile, Republicans were virtually unanimous against ObamaCare and the stimulus. There was such idiotic groupthink after 9/11. When Bush had a 91% approval rating, those of us intelligent enough to disapprove of him were ostracized by society. The left has been virtually powerless for decades, but late 2001 and 2002 were truly dark times, indeed.

Indeed, co-sign
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 05:08:22 AM »

I take huge issue with the idea that the liberal base didn't hate Bush as a person, constantly making distasteful insinuations about his intelligence or morals, and I very much question how old that poster was during the Bush years.
Oh please, every politician's been called an idiot or immoral at least once in their career. It's normal for politicians' intelligence to be attacked.

What's not normal is literally questioning a politician's citizenship and accusing him of being from another continent, or insinuating he is an Islamist sympathizer who secretly hates his nation. I could go on but I digress.
hopper
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »

I think it's the same hate just with different words

Left Blamed Everything on Bush even things out of his control(9/11, Katrina etc) or things that wasn't entirly his fault( Housing Market Collapse, Bin Ladin escaping)

Right Blames Everything on Obama even things out of his control(Recession , Ebola, Ukraine etc) or things that wasnt entirely his fault( Deficit, Rise of ISIS etc)

Left Made up Scandals on Bush( Bush totally ignored Aug 6 2001, Bush purposely lied to go to war in Iraq)
Right Makes up Scandals on Obama( Bengahizi, IRS)

I personally think Bill Clinton was hated by the right more then Bush and Obama were hated

Katrina-Not exactly all of Bush W's you are correct but his approval ratings took a dive right after that and never came back up. Obviously voters didn't think the Bush W. Administration responded to Katrina correctly.

Obama:

Recession-People think the economy hasn't come back fast enough after the recession.

Ebola-No people were not blaming Obama for Ebola but people thought he should have banned certain international flights to the US because of Ebola.

Deficit-Yes Obama is partly to blame there because the deficit went up by 8 trillion dollars under his watch.

Benghazi-It was just sloppy on how the matter was handled.

IRS-not Obama's fault but something did happen no doubt.

Yes Obama is partly to blame for the deficit but the right blamed everything on Obama. Fox News blamed Obama for Ebola , Benghazi and IRS gets talked about by Tea Partiers. There's difference between a Recession itself which conservatives criticize him for and the Recovery from the Recession which yes he deserves some blame for

I don't remember Fox News blaming Obama for Ebola. I wasn't watching Fox News during that time span myself. You can't blame Obama for recession by himself(but he was a member of Congress) since 2005. Like I said before Congress knew "The Housing Bust" was going to happen. but Obama was only 1 of 535 members of Congress from 2005-2008 and Bush W. when he was President didn't put a stop to "The Housing Bust" that was going to happen either.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 01:27:56 PM »

Bush was hated by the left more, due to the fact that in Post Katrina world, the left was able to tear down 911 image and make him into an ordinary president in taking over the House and Senate and winning the presidency, in the trifecta 2006-2008.

Obama lost control of the Congress, early in his term and the Right couldn't come close in defeating him in his reelction, because in part of the tea party express in 2012.

But, Bush, narrowly.
hopper
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 01:38:06 PM »

Bush was hated by the left more, due to the fact that in Post Katrina world, the left was able to tear down 911 image and make him into an ordinary president in taking over the House and Senate and winning the presidency, in the trifecta 2006-2008.

Obama lost control of the Congress, early in his term and the Right couldn't come close in defeating him in his reelction, because in part of the tea party express in 2012.

But, Bush, narrowly.
Can you explain further?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »

Tea party congress lead by Speaker Boehner, who threatened in 2011, to through the country in default by trying to deny Obama adminstration a raise in nation's debt limit. Which fell back on Paul Ryan, who was picked as Romney's running mate.

And Ryan was in control of the House Ways and Means Cmtee and budget negotiations. That's why GOP senate won't go that direction again.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies