2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:48:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 36659 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« on: March 08, 2015, 05:40:44 PM »
« edited: March 08, 2015, 08:46:18 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Joe Manchin for President: Schedule

"I'm running for president because I don't feel that we will be getting any effective leadership from either the far right or the far left. You don't run your life, you don't run household and you don't run your business from the right or the left. The extremes, under any conditions, do not have a positive result. What we should be doing is what's good for America and all our hard working families. I have been, under many circumstances, the only person in my party voting a certain way and I'm proud of that. If I'm elected president, you'll know that I will do what I think is right.

Now, this is a message that I think all you in Iowa need to here, so that's why I'm going to be doing a 99 counties tour of this beautiful state."

Senator Manchin's plans in Iowa for Week 1

October 1st
Rally in Decorah Iowa
Interview with KWWL News on a supporter's front porch
Meet and Greet in Calmar, Iowa
Town Hall in Waukon, Iowa

October 2nd
Meeting with members of the Clayton County Farm Bureau
Meet and Greet in Guttenberg, Iowa
Rally in Eikader, Iowa
Interview on Hardball

Matthews: "Senator Manchin, what is your opinion on using ground troops against ISIS?"

Manchin: "In West Virginia, we understand the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Those in the Middle East should be fighting the ground war against ISIS, after all we've already spent billions of taxpayer dollars arming the Iraqi army. I will simply say this: We will use our air power, our tactical power, our technicians, everything possible that we can to rid ourselves of that horrible evil, but the ground assaults should be done by those who live there, not by American troops. That is my view on these ideas of putting our boys out there in the Middle East again.

October 3rd
Town Hall in Oelwein, Iowa
Meet and Greet in West Union, Iowa
Speech in Manchester, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Dyersville, Iowa

"Now, you may hear over the coming months from my fellow Democrats about how much I hate the environment. I'll tell you right now: that' s a lie. I support an all of the above energy solution that will bring us off our dependence from foreign oil and not imporverish the working folk from states like my home state, West Virginia, and Kentucky. We need to begin solid research and development in technology such as ethanol and clean coal in the meantime to find real solutions to our climate problem."

October 4th
Rest
Meet with Northeast Iowa House and Senate Members to seek endorsements
Flight to Charleston, SC
Meeting with Donors

October 5th
Door to Door Canvassing in Cannonborough, Charleston, SC
Meet and Greet in Goose Creek, SC
Rally in Aiken, SC
Meeting with Aiken County Democrats

"I'll tell you right now, South Carolina: The extreme Republicans and Democrats that will be barnstorming your state in the next couple months don't have your true interests in heart. What have the extreme Democratic and Republican congresses given us recently!? Nothing but tax decreases for the wealthy, the war in Iraq, a flawed piece of healthcare reform, and Cap and Trade! I'm the only candidate here that will be able to deliver true change to today's beleaguered and partisan politics."

October 6th
Rally in Columbia, SC
Meeting with Richland County Democrats
Meet and Greet in Cayce, SC
Meeting with Donors in Columbia, SC

October 7th
Flight to WV
Meeting with Donors to 2012 Senate Campaign in Charleston, WV
Meeting with Major Mining Companies in WV
Appearance  on Face the Nation

Charlie: "What would you say about the attacks Mrs. Clinton just made about you today?"

Manchin: "I just find it out of this world that Hillary would take the chance in these early days of the campaign to attack me instead of setting out a clear vision for what she would do if elected president. As for the substance of her attack, if being against cap and trade, a policy that would increase the energy costs of everyday Americans significantly, and being for the sensible Keystone XL pipeline which would support our ally Canada while creating jobs and lowering energy prices at home makes me not worthy of being a Democrat to her then I have a message for Clinton: Democrats support the working poor as well as middle class which your policies will directly effect in an entirely negative fashion."
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 07:36:44 PM »

Manchin Ad: Compromiser

"I'm Joe Manchin and I approve this message."

"As a Senator, I've proposed bipartisan compromises such as the Manchin-Toomey Bill because no responsible gun owner should fear background checks, was one of the first Democrats to support the Keystone XL Oil Pipeline, and have frequently voted my conscience, even if it meant voting with the other side. As Governor, I brought together a group of diverse and strong-willed legislators to get our state out of deep fiscal troubles.

As your President, you know I'll get things done and won't be anyone's stooge."

Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:02:48 AM »

Are we not using the 2016 primary calendar?

Both parties are following the 2012 Republican calendar since it's easier that way.

So this round ends today?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:51 PM »

The round technically ended at around 2 o'clock today.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 09:51:31 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2015, 12:54:32 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Press Release

The Manchin Campaign expresses deep sorrow for the loss of former Vice President Walter Mondale who was a true force for positive change in the US and around the world. He will stay in our hearts in this campaign as a true statesman and a devoted husband and father of 3. We urge prayers for Vice President Mondale's family in this difficult time.

Joe Manchin for President: Schedule for October 8-14

October 8th
Flight to Louisville, Kentucky
Meeting with Donors
Meeting with representatives and search for support among Kentucky's major labor unions
Flight to Iowa

Senator Manchin's plans in Iowa for Week 2

October 9th
Speech in Dubuque, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Asbury, Iowa
Meeting with Jones County Farmers
Meet and Greet in Maquoketa, Iowa

"Iowa, a great injustice was just committed on American workers just the other day. That is the passage of the Trans Pacific Partnership, a toxic trade deal that will continue the devaluation of the American worker and the continued suction of real, high paying American jobs overseas. Many other candidates have been lecturing me on if I really care about people and if I'm beholden to industry; I ask them where they are when our president is agreeing to move our jobs overseas and is forcing even more out with stringent regulations.

I've done all I can in the senate with allies like Sherrod Brown and Elizabeth Warren to oppose these dirty deals. We obviously can not do it ourselves so I ask you to help me promote fair trade, not free trade!

October 9th
Meet and Greet in Durant, Iowa
Town Hall in Tipton, Iowa
Meeting with the Cedar County Farm Bureau
Meet and Greet in DeWitt, Iowa

Questioner: "Mr. Manchin, what will do to help us farmers out?"

Senator Manchin: "Great question. I support keeping, and expanding all of our present ethanol subsidies which will provide renewable, clean burning energy in a way that doesn't hurt Americans or shut down whole areas of industry. We are also able to stabilize the market for corn while making gas cheaper in the process.

October 10th
Rest
Rally in Clinton, Iowa

I ask you, Iowa, to join me on a campaign that will bring true change instead of the same old tune of liberal democrat against conservative republican. I bring the credentials and record of standing up for principles instead of towing the party line. I will work for your gun rights, for bringing jobs back to the United States, for those that are unable to protect themselves, and, most of all, for your pocketbook.

If we put up this fight, although we may be in the city of Clinton that is smack dab in the middle of Clinton County, we'll make it Clinton-in-name-only!

October 11th
Flight to Mempis, Tennessee
Rally in Memphis
Door to Door Canvassing in Nashville, Tennessee
Meeting with Tennessee State Legislators and Interest Groups

I'm here in Nashville today to spread a message of working across the isle, protecting the rights of every citizen in Nashville and in the United States, and for sticking up for the little guy just as I've done as governor of West Virginia and in the Senate of our great country. I hope to knock on as many doors as I can this afternoon and into the evening.

October 12th
Flight to Washington DC
Meeting with Major Lobbyists and Interest Groups (looking for donors including NRA, ConocoPhillips, ACCCE)
Speech in Fairfax, Virginia

As we celebrate this Columbus Day which represents the discovery of the American dream, that is the belief that if we work hard we can achieve anything we can in this land that we call home, I want us all to think about what makes us exceptional as well as what we can do to bring more opportunity to all. It's a pervasive feeling nowadays that just not enough of us can achieve that dream, and part of that is the distrust of our political system which seems to never work in our best interests. As a maverick in the Senate and a successful governor of a politically changing state, I can bring the change that our government needs.

October 13th
Appearance on MSNBC
Flight to Dallas, Texas
Meeting with Major Texas Donors and Legislators
Rally in College Station, Texas

Maddow: "What would you say your economic message is during this campaign?"

Senator Manchin: "I would say that it is opportunity and investment in our future. We need to give Americans the chance to get a job and maintain a living wage, this includes making sure we don't advance any more deals like the Trans Pacific Partnership and making sure policies are not enacted that destroy whole industries that everyday people rely on, especially in my home state of West Virginia. We also must invest in our future, particularly our children by not handing them a nation perilously in debt, so I'd say that we also must introduce, pass, and ratify a Balanced Budget Amendment.

Really, I'd say my outlook on economic policy is common sense, but others seem to have a distorted view of reality. The fact is that I have the experience and the bipartisanship to increase the quality of life for those all across this country.[/i]

October 14th
Rest day

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 10:18:31 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 06:32:53 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Ad: Economic Values

"As Governor, in the Senate, and during this campaign I have stood up for those hard-working Americans who devote themselves to the land they work on. I believe in a form of environmentalism that understands what is really happening on the ground and uses government to encourage practices that will help emissions without putting Americans out of work. This is why I strongly support increasing ethanol subsidies, because those hard-working farmers ought to be able to make a livelihood."

Airing in: Iowa
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 08:12:25 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 08:14:26 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Ad: Humble Roots

"I was born and raised in a small mining town called Farmington, where my grandfather or as we called him Papa Joe founded a grocery store, using hard work and determination to get ahead. He did all this despite being an immigrant straight from the shores of Italy."

"I grew up learning the values that all West Virginians share – family, common sense, fairness and hard work. It wasn't always easy in our town and I learned the right way - from my grandmother, Mama Kay. She worked tirelessly to help the less fortunate even if it meant going a night without food herself."

"These experiences molded me into who I am today - devoted to finding the solutions to help everyone even if it means going across the aisle. As your president, I won't ever let partisan politics  get in the way of commonsense solutions."

Airing in: Iowa, South Carolina, New Hampshire
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »

You all seem way too... combative? Tone it down folks.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 11:41:51 AM »

This round is over I guess. I am on the edge of my seat for the next update!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 11:02:28 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 11:05:29 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Joe Manchin for President: Surrogate Schedules for the Week October 15-21

Iowa Reps. Patti Ruff, Bruce Bearinger, and Nancy Dunkel: IA-1 15-21

Iowa Sens. Mary Jo Wilhelm, Tod Bowman, and Brian Schoenjahn: IA-1 15-18, IA-4 19-21

Gov. Steve Beshear (D-KY)Sad South Carolina 15-19, Iowa 20-21

Gov. Jay Nixon (D-MO)Sad South Carolina 15-21

Gov. Steve Bullock (D-MT)Sad Iowa 15-16, New Hampshire 17-21

Fmr. Sen. David Boren (D-OK)Sad Iowa 15-21

Fmr. Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA)Sad South Carolina 15-17, Iowa 18-21
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 01:03:17 AM »
« Edited: March 17, 2015, 01:05:43 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Joe Manchin for President: Schedule for October 15-21

Senator Manchin's plans in Iowa for this week

October 15th
Flight to Iowa
Rally in Davenport, Iowa
Meeting with Scott County Democrats
Town Hall in Bettendorf, Iowa

"Iowa, I'm not a politician that will keep giving the same old platitudes of change and then never deliver. I'm the type of politician that has fought against the prevailing forces of "my way or the highway." Look, politics is not a team sport, it is a valuable part of our society that has a massive impact on the everyday lives of everyone in this country. I want you to join with me to bring about an America that will work for you.

October 16th
Tour of the Downtown Commercial Historic District in Muscatine, Iowa
Town Hall in Muscatine, Iowa
Meeting with the Muscatine County Farm Bureau
Meet and Greet in Wapello, Iowa

October 17th
Meeting with Supporters in Des Moines, Iowa
Gather with Surrogates at Des Moines, Iowa
Rally with Surrogates in Des Moines, Iowa

Patti Ruff takes the stage

"Good afternoon Iowa! I know that I am an unlikely person to be speaking to you first today, with all these governors and senators here, oh and how could I forget, Joe Manchin! I have had the honor of joining with him on this campaign to bring real pragmatic values to restore our country back to where it belongs. Iowa, just as I've not let the "D" by name get in the way of representing all the people of Clayton and Alamakee counties, Joe Manchin has applied his philosophy of looking out for the little guy consistently even if it meant crossing the aisle.

I, for one, am proud to work to bring those values to Washington and I hope the good people of Iowa join me on this mission!"

David Boren takes the stage

"Hello, Iowa! I am humbled to be here today to support my good friend, US Senator Joe Manchin. A fighter on all the issues that matter to Americans, he can stand up for principles that he holds dear and ones that I believe most Americans do too. He has consistently brought to the table a different way of thinking than most of his colleagues and has been instrumental in the passage of compromises and acts such as the Keystone XL Pipeline which would have created jobs and a safer way of transporting the oil we already move! Joe Manchin's party blocked it but he was there and he worked for you. I ask that you support Joe with me to help bring the solutions that Washington so desperately needs."

Mary Landrieu takes the stage

"Joe Manchin and I worked together in the Senate vigorously to support commonsense solutions to support the values that you all in Iowa support. Respected the 2nd Amendment, an immigration overhaul that helps secure our border, and initiatives to bring about true energy independence are just a couple of the many things that we championed together in the Senate together.

Yes, it is true that in my reelection campaign Joe offered to come down to Louisiana and stump for me himself as that's just the kind of guy Joe is. He'll stick your neck out for you. Now I'd like to return the offer and give it everything I got to get that man in the White House!"

Steve Bullock takes the stage

"I support Joe Manchin because he understands what it means to be a Democrat - that is sticking up for the little guy even in the face of the overwhelming obstacles and opposition. Joe Manchin had the courage to stand up to both the NRA and Obama when he compromised on background check with Senator Pat Toomey. He fought for immigration reform. He fought for the Keystone Oil Pipeline with me in the face of massive opposition by his own party. There is no better man to take on the Washington establishment than him."

Bruce Bearinger takes the stage

"I'd like to talk to you all today about Joe Manchin, the champion of the farmer. All my life I've lived in Oelwein, Iowa and have worked hard my entire career in public service to stick up for the hardest workers in this great state. As John F. Kennedy once said, 'The Farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale and pays the freight both ways.' Being such a crucial part of our economy, farmers need to be looked out for and we need to elect a president who can look out for those hard workers out on the Iowa fields.

Joe Manchin has shown himself to be strongly in favor of Iowa farmers and has been outspoken so far in his 99 counties tour of our state, being the only one in favor of increasing our farm subsidies and has paid close attention the situation on the ground, having met with several county farm bureaus. No other candidate has put in this time and it is clear who the farmer's choice here is in this election. Join with me in supporting Joe Manchin, the only choice for Iowa."

Joe Manchin takes the stage

"The message is clear folks, pragmatic leadership that we so rarely get from either party nowadays is something that I can deliver on. As your president I will bring real results to solve America's problems and I have the record and credentials to prove it. I will bring values of helping every American out and in the process not having to tow any party line. This is a message that I truly believe can solve the seemingly insurmountable obstacles that lay ahead of our country in the future and I ask you to accompany me on this task

I'd like to thank the fine people of Des Moines for coming out and my good friends that have joined me on the campaign trail this fine day. Thank you, Iowa!

October 18th
Speech in Burlington, Iowa
Meeting with Des Moines County Democrats
Meet and Greet in Keokuk, Iowa
Town Hall in Fort Madison, Iowa

October 19th
Meet and Greet in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Meeting with the Henry County Farm Bureau
Appearance on CNN
Flight to South Carolina

Wolf Blitzer: "You've been getting a lot of flack for your environmental policy so far this election season. Anything to say to that?"

Joe Manchin: "I'd love it if we could talk about free trade or foreign policy, however I"ll return to this topic again. We must have a policy of energy in this country that provides a balanced approach. What I mean to say here is that if Secretary Clinton or John Kerry has their way, thousands if not hundreds of thousands would be out of work and on the streets. We need to be focusing on developing clean coal, renewable energy such as windmills and solar panels, and ethanol.

October 20th
Meeting with and Seeking Endorsement of South Carolina Legislators
Rally in Charleston, South Carolina
Door to Door Canvassing in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Meeting with Charleston County Activists

October 21st
Speech in Rock Hill, South Carolina
Town Hall in Greenville, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Summerville, South Carolina
Rally in Hilton Head, South Carolina

Questioner: "What about gun rights?"

Joe Manchin: "I have every respect for our 2nd Amendment and hold it high regard, in fact I was endorsed by the NRA the first time I ran for Senate. I believe the plain old reasonable thing to do is to make sure that no criminal can just walk into a store and walk out with a very deadly weapon, and this can be done through the use of criminal background checks. That's why I stood up against the NRA to compromise with Republicans to find a commonsense solution to our gun problem."
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 08:35:21 PM »

Could we get a 24 hour extension? I've been very busy this weekend.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 01:36:08 PM »

I thought it was Thursday night? I planned accordingly.

Yeah when I saw Thursday I did not figure it to mean early Thursday morning...
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2015, 08:52:50 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Joe Manchin Debate Responses

1. What will you do as president to combat ISIS and other terrorist groups? Do you agree with how the Obama administration has handled this issue?

I will continue on with President Obama's policies in the Middle East. I do not believe we need any more ground wars over there and I certainly hope that this is a popular position tonight here on this stage. I would also begin to bring in more sharing of resources with those that oppose ISIS on the ground as we certainly aren't sending our boys back over there.

2. In recent years, relations between the US and Israel have become more strained. What would you do to improve relations and also resolve the dispute between the Israelis and the Palestinians?

We, as a county, need to create a culture of cooperation. Repeatedly we have seen partisanship extended to our foreign policy, with Republicans sending a letter directly to the Iranian government towards the goal of undermining this country's foreign policy goals. We have also seen President Netanyahu address our congress to drum up support for his reelection bid. If we do create this culture of cooperation we can begin to work towards addressing the troubling issues of Palestine and to repair our two country's lasting alliance.

3. Voters overwhelmingly favor an increase in the minimum wage, and multiple states have taken action on this. Do you favor increasing the minimum wage, and if so, by how much?

The minimum wage must be raised. I find time and again that the minimum wage is not a Republican or a Democratic issue, I find that it is an American issue. We have so many families out there that just aren't making it despite both parents working multiple jobs! It is ridiculous to see this being repeatedly obstructed. Look, this year 21 states, including my home state of West Virginia, rose their minimum wages. We must bring that prosperity to the rest of the country.

4. Do you agree with President Obama's executive order last year on immigration? What is your plan to reform the country's immigration system?

Frankly, I wholeheartedly oppose the President's action on this issue. I support immigration reform and supported the package that passed the Senate but had died in the house. This is an issue that needs to be legislated on, not acted upon with unilateral authority. That is just not how the system works.

5. Out of all the other people on this stage, who would you most want to have in your Cabinet, and for what position?

I have a deep appreciate for William McRaven's service to this country and would happily have him serve in either Defense or Homeland Security. Due to my appreciation of Jerry Brown's stances on free trade and worker's rights, if he would like, I would have him serve as Labor or Commerce secretary.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 09:57:51 PM »

Joe Manchin for President: Surrogate Schedules for the Week October 29-November 4

Iowa Reps. Patti Ruff, Bruce Bearinger, and Nancy Dunkel: Iowa

Iowa Sens. Mary Jo Wilhelm, Tod Bowman, and Brian Schoenjahn: Iowa

Iowa Rural Caucus: Iowa (Bus Tour)

Gov. Steve Beshear (D-KY)Sad South Carolina

Gov. Jay Nixon (D-MO)Sad South Carolina

Gov. Steve Bullock (D-MT)Sad Iowa

Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT)Sad New Hampshire, Iowa

Fmr. Sen. David Boren (D-OK)Sad South Carolina

Fmr. Rep. Dan Boren (D-OK)Sad Iowa

Fmr. Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA)Sad Iowa

Sen. Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA)Sad Iowa, South Carolina

Fmr. Rep. Jim Matheson (D-UT)Sad Iowa

Fmr. Rep. John Barrow (D-GA)Sad South Carolina
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 10:50:56 PM »

Press Release

Senator Manchin has been with family in Charleston, WV over the past week due to a death in the family. We thank the press for respecting the Manchin family during this difficult time.

Joe Manchin for President: Schedule for October 29-November 4

Senator Manchin's plans in Iowa for this week

October 29th
Flight to Iowa
Meet and Greet in Keosauqua, Iowa
Forum with Supporters at the Van Buren County Courthouse
Town Hall in Fairfield, Iowa

Questioner: "You keep saying that you're the candidate that can break up dysfunction in Washington. Why do you think you can achieve this?

Sen. Manchin: "What we've seen time and again in our government, we just keep electing the same old democrats and republicans who are always going at eachother's throats. In West Virginia and as a Senator, I've always been a voice of reason as well as a consensus builder among my colleagues. I'm a different kind of candidate, one that can break through the divide that we've seen for so very long."

October 30th
Meeting with the Jefferson County Farm Bureau
Rally in Wattumwa, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Eddyville, Iowa
Forum on Farm Issues in Bloomfield, Iowa

"People like Governor Brown, Hillary Clinton, and Secretary Kerry are coming around here saying repeatedly that they care about people like you. Well I'm here to say that they are beholden to Wall Street lobbyists and special interests at every turn. As President, I will listen to your voice and get the government working for the little guy again!"

October 31st
Senate Duties

November 1st
Constituent Service in WV
Interview on This Week

Stephanopoulos: "It has been recently reported that ISIS is launching an offensive against Baghdad, and you've put forward what some would call "dovish" views. What do you think should be done about this?

Manchin: "Well, George, this issue is a Middle East issue. I've been putting together an agenda that will work for Americans here at home during this campaign. I believe that we have partially created the quagmire that is the Middle East and that if we continue to intervene more and more issues will just keep coming up. What I would say is: create stability in the region with diplomatic cooperation and to continue to keep our promise to the Iraqi government. However, dependence should not be fostered. As president, I would work to create a self-sustaining situation in the Middle East in order to focus our resources on the issues that really matter to Americans."

November 2nd
Meeting with Appanoose County Democrats
Meet and Greet in Albia, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Chariton, Iowa
Meeting with the Wayne County Farm Bureau

November 3rd
Forum on Money in Politics with Senator Jon Tester in Manchester, New Hampshire
Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
Meeting with New Hampshire Democrats
Flight to South Carolina

"The situation after the disastrous Supreme Court decisions that overruled centuries of precedent has created an untenable situation in which candidate are raising billions, yes you heard that right, billions in order to get elected president. Where do you reckon those billions are coming from?

November 4th
Rally in Charleston, South Carolina
Town Hall with Steve Beshear on Social Policy
Meet and Greet in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Tour of Battlefields in Ninety Six, South Carolina with Fmr. Gov. Jim Hodges

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 11:25:53 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: SCOTT WALKER SHOT AT IOWA RALLY

DEVELOPING...

OOC: Holy Hell... what happened here (and who's playing as Walker again?)

Spamage is. OOC (just in case Manchin doesn't get caught reveling in this): I like updates like this to get some more spice into the game. I certainly hope that Walker doesn't die.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 08:34:18 PM »

Joe Manchin for President - Press Release

Both America and this campaign are in mourning. This is a national travesty that must be investigated and this assassin must be brought to justice. Now is not the time for political calls for action but a time to remember Governor Walker and to pray for his family. Out of respect for Governor Walker and his family, the Manchin campaign will be suspended over the next week.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 08:24:44 PM »

John King: "The recent rash of candidates departing the race due to the assassination of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, the suspension of your campaign while others go on, and your non-budging poll numbers have lead some observers to believe that you will eventually end your presidential bid altogether. What do you have to say about this?"

Joe Manchin: "You know, John, just as we stated in our press release, we have suspended this campaign out of respect to a fellow candidate who was outrageously assassinated while on the campaign trail, his wife Tonette and sons Matt and Alex. I'm not going to comment about the campaigns still going on as if nothing has happened, especially on the Republican side. I will say this: no candidates should be ending their campaigns due to the threat of extremists. After I became closer to my family this year after the departure of my brother John, it has become tempting to drop out to become closer to my family, however I believe it sends a poor message. It's ceding to extremists to send a message that our political system and candidates will give up in the face of this horrible violence. We must put forward a message of solidarity with the American people and especially Scott Walker's family in this trying time."

John King: "But what do you say about the future of your campaign?"

Joe Manchin: "This campaign, after this week, will return to the trail and return to our tour of every single Iowa county as well as visits across the country. We will continue to the very end of all of the primaries to send a message of real, pragmatic leadership to Democrats in every corner of this great country."
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 12:55:46 AM »

What's going on?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies