2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:30:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 36436 times)
Jahnson
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2015, 10:30:55 PM »

Bernie Sanders 2016
Radio Ad

Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Florida

Bernie Sanders: Hello, my name is Senator Bernie Sanders, candidate for President of the United States of America. Yet another affront on our workers, this time an agreement knows as the Trans-Pacific Partnership has just passed Congress. This is great news if your a giant multinational corporation who stands to boost profit, but if you a worker in this country already reeling from the detrimental effects of deals like NAFTA, this is awful news. It's time that we had a President who will ensure that everybody has a voice in Government, not just huge corporations who employ scores of lobbyists to ensure that their agenda is disproportionally heard. If you believe that the welfare of our own citizens should be at the top of our agenda, not the profit margins of behemoth banks, oil companies and the like, I encourage you to vote to make your voices heard on Primary ((Caucus when airing in IA)) Day. I approve this message.
Elkins

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2015, 11:08:27 PM »

Susana Martinez for President
Schedule for the week of October 8-14th:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, October 8th
-Meet and Greet in Brentwood, New Hampshire
-Fundraising brunch with donors in Manchester
Canvassing in New Hampton, New Hampshire
-Rally in Madison, New Hampshire
-Appearance/interview with Greta Van Susteren on “On the Record”

Martinez speaking on On the Record about her campaign:
Like every candidate says, they wouldn’t be in this race unless they thought they could not win. And right now, there is no doubt in my mind that we have a very good chance at taking this all the way to Cleveland. I’m blessed to have such passionate supporters and a tireless campaign team with me that I am certain will carry us to victory. Really, our only disadvantage at this point is our name recognition. Governing millions of people is no easy task, I’m sure my fellow governors in the race will agree, so there was really not much time to, ya know, parade around the country . Those in congress who really don’t do anything at this point so they really just fly from state to state and cause conflict to get airtime. Honestly, if we just stick to our message of reaching towards a better future, reforming education, our broken immigration system and our chronic habit to spend more than we can take in, there is no doubt in my mind that we will win this thing.

Friday, October 9th
-Private Breakfast with family.
-Fundraiser for the Grafton County Republican Party
- Rally in Lebanon, New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Cornish, New Hampshire
Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Flight to Minnesota

Saturday, October 10th
-Meet and greet in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
-Interview on local news in Minnesota
- Town Hall in St. Cloud, Minnesota
-Rally in Hibbing, Minnesota
-Tour of Carraway, Minnesota followed by a Meet and Greet
-Flight to New Mexico

During the rally in Hibbing, Minnesota:
No longer can this conceivably go on. I really don’t have to mention how sick and tired all of us are with how nothing gets done in D.C thanks to Harry Reid and his caucus of partisans and a veto happy President ready to smack down any bi-partisan measures which slip past Congress. The culture of politics needs to change now, as our work is lauded as nothing more than a punch line these days. This country needs a new direction for its future soon and there is only one candidate that can veer us away from the path we are on now, and I think you all know who that is. We don’t need recycled policies and faces familiar with from administrations passed nor do we need another Barack Obama, an inexperienced legislator. This country is craving a true, strong, conservative leader to finally, after almost 16 years, into the millennia. That doesn’t happen with strolling about and lolly gagging, that happens when we put our heads down and churns out results. That’s what you will get when we get ourselves to the White House in 2016!

Sunday, October 11th
-Gubernatorial Duties and Rest
-Flight to Nevada
 Monday, October 12th

-Supporters breakfast with an appearance from Gov. Brian Sandoval in Carson City
- Rally in Henderson with Sandoval and Sen. Dean Heller
- Meet and Greet in Fernly, Nevada
Town Hall in Eureka, Nevada
-Private meeting with Sheldon Adelson in Las Vegas

Sandoval: Susana is a true friend of mine and a true voice for those who are looking to our future and fear the worst. Now more than ever do we need a woman like Susana in the Oval Office to straighten things out. I know Susana, and no one will work harder to implement shrewd, conservative policies should she be so lucky as to receive the support of all of you.

Heller: The last thing this country is another four years of stale ideas and quite frankly the same old people sticking their heads in. It's really time for some new blood and bringing us this new blood starts and ends with getting Susana Martinez on Republican ticket in 2016!

Tuesday, October 13th
-Flight to Colorado
- Duel Town Hall with Sen. Cory Gardner in Boulder, Colorado
-Town Hall in Brush, Colorado
-Rally in Salida, Colorado with Cory Gardner
-Rally in Delta, Colorado
-Attendance at Opening night for the Colorado Avalanche with several supporters and Sen. Gardner
-Flight to New Hampshire

Martinez in Delta:

I think too many people tend to forget in these early stages that there are 50 states in this country we all call home, not just the the great state of Iowa. But really, what can we expect from candidates who are so rooted in the old way of campaigns and how to do things. A new way is to change things up, do the things most people may not expect one of those cookie cutter politicians do as a knee jerk reflex. Conservative policies work, we just need a candidate who can show how they serve as a gateway to pushing this country back to the pinnacle of progress in this world, where it belongs. If we want something new, something different it starts with moving away from dynastic politics and strikingly similar ideas to innovative, conservative, answers to our ills and improvements upon the policies which have already proven to work well and should continue to work.

Wednesday, October 14th

-Early morning Meet and Greet in Stewartstown, New Hampshire
- Visit to Dixville Notch to chat with the residents and hold an informal town hall
- Rally in North Haverhill, New Hampshire
- Workshop at Manchester Community College to discuss education and employment opportunities for students and others interested in attending.
- Town Hall in Manchester

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2015, 11:45:45 PM »

Senator Ted Cruz Campaign Schedule For Week of October 8th
"Let me tell you that we're gonna go all the way. This is a campaign of substance. This is a campaign of principle. We're running not just to win. Nor to beat Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. We're running to truly fix the problems facing the United States. From the rising federal debt to wage gaps. We're not just gonna attack President Obama for his many failures. People already know his policies don't work. What we need is an alternative, a true conservative alternative. Only then can we go in a New Direction."
10/8/2015
-Rally in Ames, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Ames, IA
-Meet & Greet in Davenport, IA
-Town Hall in Davenport, IA

10/9/2015
-Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Dubuque, IA
-Meet & Greet in Coralville, IA
-Rally in Coralville, IA
"My friends, we're experiencing a surge in support here in Iowa. The grassroots are loving our message. They long for a conservative that stands for principle. One who does what's right, regardless of partisan slants. One who can truly take our country in the New Direction it so desperately needs."

10/10/2015
-Meet & Greet in Cedar Falls, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Cedar Falls, IA
-Meet & Greet in Council Bluffs, IA
-Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA

10/11/2015
-Flight to South Carolina
-Rally in Spartanburg, SC
-Town Hall in Spartanburg, SC
-Town Hall in Beaufont, SC
-Rally in Beaufont, SC

"Now Charleston, I know I'm competing against a favorite son. My good friend Lindsey Graham is in the race, so you've got some skin in the game. Senator Graham has great experience and his foreign policy credentials are sterling. He'd make a great Secretary of Defense. But we need a reform minded conservative to lead us in the White House. And only one candidate has the record to fit that mold. And I'm talking to ya right now."

10/12/2015
-Meet & Greet in Columbia, SC
-Town Hall in Columbia, SC
-Fundraiser in Hilton Head, SC
-Rally in Hilton Head, SC

10/13/2015
-Flight to New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Concord, NH
-Meet & Geet in Concord, NH
-Rally in Portsmouth, NH

"It's great to be here in New Hampshire. Now the pundits say conservatives can't compete here. I don't believe that. The people of the Live Free or Die state have a record of supporting great men and women of liberty and principle. That's what I stand for. Protecting the liberty of every American by upholding the Constitution and standing for true principle in the face of staunch opposition."

10/14/2015
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
-Rally in Portsmouth, NH
-Rally in Dover, NH
-Rally in Dover, NH
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2015, 11:59:32 PM »

Dan Quayle Campaign Schedule:

Oct. 8th:
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Barnstorm in Ames, IA
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
Rally and Town Hall in Sioux City, IA

It is my goal to see this countries' economy restored, and I will do that by reducing government spending, trimming the waste and excess, lowering taxes on lower and middle income families, and restoring what Government is needed for, Infrastructure, roads and bridges, Defense, by updating our military and giving it what it needs, and restoring education by cutting bureaucracy so teachers can teach!

Oct. 9th:
Rally/Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
Barnstorm Cedar Rapids, IA

Oct. 10th:
Rally/Speech in Waterloo, IA
Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Meet and Greet in Clinton, IA

Oct. 11th:
Rally/Fundraiser in Columbia, SC
Town Hall in Greenville, SC
Meet and Greet in Florence, SC
Rally/Campaign Speech in Charleston, SC

Oct. 12th:
Rally/Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA
Town Hall in Sioux City, IA
Town Hall in Storm Lake, IA
Barnstorming in Fort Dodge, IA

Oct. 13th:
Town Hall in Webster City, IA
Town Hall in Mason City, IA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Waterloo, IA

Hello Iowa! After eight years of democratic leadership in the White House, we need someone who can unite the party of conservatism and economic growth that WORKS back to the White House! We need someone with strong leadership to grow this economy again, and knows how to work, not just speak loudly! So let's unite under one banner to take back the White House!

Oct. 14th:
Rally in Dubuque, IA
Meet and Greet in Maquoketa, IA
Town Hall in Clinton, IA
Rally in Davenport, IA

Campaign Ads
TV and Radio ads to be run in the following states:

Hello, I'm Former Vice-President Dan Quayle. Those of you who remember me in that role remember the America I want to return to, a prosperous, strong America. When I was Vice-President, America was strong in its economy, with jobs in all sectors, strong and respected in the world, and our credit rating was top notch. Well I have experience in ushering those things in, as I did as Senator and Vice-President, and that is what I wish to do again. We need to boost the economy by building roads and bridges, promoting education in all fields, college, trade schools, and apprenticeships, and most importantly, lowering taxes on the middle class and the poor. So as it comes time to vote, vote for the candidate who has experience in getting things done, vote Dan Quayle.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2015, 12:16:44 AM »

Dan Quayle Endorsements/Surrogates:

Fmr. Governor Mitch Daniels:

Vice-President Dan Quayle is a man I admire very much, and he has served Indiana well, and represents something that I think America needs right now, Hoosier common sense. He represents the Republican party as a whole, and is our ticket to the White House. He knows the issues that are before us today and knows how to get his hands dirty and get things done. That's why I am endorsing him for President.
(Oct 7th-14th Barnstorming Iowa)

Governor Mike Pence:

Dan Quayle is a man of action, a man of integrity, and overall, a true conservative! His principles stand with the Republican Party, and he is the man we need in the White House! He represents conservatism, and experience, and has the great capacity to lead, that is why I am endorsing Dan Quayle.

Senator Dan Coats:

I served with Dan Quayle, first in the House while he was in the Senate, then in the Senate while he was in the White House. This man is a man of character, a man of integrity, and a true conservative. He is experienced and the voice we need in the White House!

Fmr. Senator Dick Lugar:

I served with Dan Quayle in the Senate, and he is someone the Republican Party needs right now. He is principled, conservative, and has more foreign policy experience than the rest of the candidates put together! The Republican Party would be foolish not to nominate such a candidate for president.
(Oct 7th-14th In DC meeting with donors)

Fmr. Congressman Ben Quayle:

My father is a great man, with great ideas, and more experience than the rest of the crowd! He will bring princlipled leadership to the White House!
(Oct 7th-14th Barnstorming Nevada)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2015, 12:27:34 AM »

Endorsements for Hillary

Former Attorney General Janet Reno (D-FL)

Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta (D-CA)

Former Congressman Bruce Braley (D-IA)

We all know why Hillary lost the caucuses here in 2008, and we all know she's not going to discount us Iowans again... Which is why I stand here today and endorse Hillary Clinton, because when she makes mistakes, she corrects them, while Republicans just seem to dig themselves deeper.

Former Congressman Paul Hodes (D-NH)

I know people are saying I should endorse Senator Kerry because he's a Massachusetts boy, or Senator Sanders because he's a Vermont son, but proximity is usually irrelevant here. What matters to New Hampshire voters is; Does a candidate share their values, and can they win, and I believe Hillary met both tests in 2008, and that she meets them now. I endorse Hillary Clinton for President.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2015, 12:46:07 AM »

Ted Cruz Ad: Continue the Fight
*Subtle Music In Background & Then Senator Cruz Speaks*

"These are not typical times. The challenges facing our country are unlike any we've ever seen."

"You look at our Constitution, you look at our Bill of Rights and see this is an administration determined to violate every one of our rights."

"Every generation of Americans has given to their kids and grand kids greater opportunity, greater prosperity,a greater future."

"If we keep going down this road we will become the first generation to not do that. The American people want to stop this madness."

"The voices of the American people have begun to be heard in this fight. The voices of millions of Americans losing their health insurance, losing their jobs, being forced into part-time work. Millions of Americans who are struggling, have begun to be heard."

"The media will tell us that believing in free market values, believing in the Constitution, believing in freedom, that those are extreme views. It is a lie."

"When the people rise up, ultimately sovereignty resides in one place and one place only, in our Constitution. That means with We The People."

"We need no more Washington solutions. We need to go back to the American people."

"Throughout the history of the world we've seen great nations rise and fall. We are not content to all the United States of America to do anything but continue to rise and remain the greatest country on the face of this Earth. Because no nation on Earth has allowed so many millions of people who come with nothing and achieve anything and achieve the American Dream. Only the American people can turn this great nation."

"The American People who love liberty and opportunity unlike any other people in the history if this world. We are going to restore that shining city in a hill that is the United Staes of America! We need to make DC listen."

"I'm Ted Cruz And I Approve This Message"
AD TO RUN IN THE FOLLOWING STATES:
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2015, 01:54:42 AM »

So I just woke up from a nap and I decided after several requests that we'll have a 24-hour extension on this round. Make the most out of it!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2015, 10:10:14 AM »

Sorry Clinton 1996, but I decided to copy your ad format Tongue.

Rand Paul Ad: "Harken My Words, America".(Airs in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and Colorado)"

The son of a soldier who has lived the American dream-and fought hard against an American nightmare.

Passed down a message of liberty, he took a bold stand (clips of the Paul fillibuster air).

He took on both parties over their constant infringements on Civil Liberties.

Yet he also worked with the establishment, to help bring about the new pro freedom majority in Washington.

(Rand Paul speaks) America needs a fighter, but not a bomb thrower. America needs a leader of the opposition, but not a leader of obstruction. I am that candidate, and I ask that you join with me as we restore America!

I'm Rand Paul, and I approve this message.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2015, 05:32:10 PM »

See, I'd love to do something like that, but I can only find images that look like this

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »

See, I'd love to do something like that, but I can only find images that look like this

I understand your pain, my candidate has been out of the spotlight for twenty years. So I get images like this:

Instead of more like this:
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2015, 08:12:25 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 08:14:26 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Ad: Humble Roots

"I was born and raised in a small mining town called Farmington, where my grandfather or as we called him Papa Joe founded a grocery store, using hard work and determination to get ahead. He did all this despite being an immigrant straight from the shores of Italy."

"I grew up learning the values that all West Virginians share – family, common sense, fairness and hard work. It wasn't always easy in our town and I learned the right way - from my grandmother, Mama Kay. She worked tirelessly to help the less fortunate even if it meant going a night without food herself."

"These experiences molded me into who I am today - devoted to finding the solutions to help everyone even if it means going across the aisle. As your president, I won't ever let partisan politics  get in the way of commonsense solutions."

"I'm Joe Manchin and I approve this message."

Airing in: Iowa, South Carolina, New Hampshire
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2015, 08:55:43 PM »

You guys are really so original.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2015, 08:59:16 PM »

Not me, I just go places and do stuff...
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »

So, you're doing the same as Hillary. See you are good!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2015, 09:38:25 PM »

So, you're doing the same as Hillary. See you are good!

Haha, very funny (not really)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2015, 09:46:16 PM »

;-; Harsh.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2015, 10:04:06 PM »

Campaign Schedule:  October 8, 2015 - October 14, 2015

Thursday, Oct 8:  NEVADA
Las Vegas -  Rally for "Employment and Education" on steps of Iowa State Capitol
              - Appearance at SEIU (Service Employees International Union) fundraiser - "Protecting 
                Service Employee Rights in the Face of Anti-Union Legislation"

Friday, Oct 9:  IOWA
Des Moines - Meet with Mayor Frank Cownie to discuss jobs in Des Moines and Iowa
                - Throw out first pitch at final home game for Iowa Cubs baseball team

Saturday, Oct 10:  IOWA, TENNESSEE
Cedar Rapids - Rally for Veterans on "Support for Veterans Needs and Workforce Development for 
                     Veterans" in front of Veterans Memorial Building
Nashville, TN - Meet with former Vice President Al Gore on "Green-collar Jobs" - employment that
                     promotes environmental quality

Sunday, Oct 11:  SOUTH CAROLINA
Greenville - Attend service at Springfield Baptist with Rev. Jesse Jackson (from Greenville)
              - Public appearance on "Recent Challenges to Civil Rights" in front of former Woolworth's (historic sit-in)

Monday, Oct 12: SOUTH CAROLINA
Columbia - TV Appearance on local talk show on "Education, Employment, and the Economy"
Florence -  Public appearance at GE Medical Systems manufacturing plant on "Jobs and Innovations
                in Technology"

Tuesday, Oct 13:  NEW HAMPSHIRE
Concord - Rally on "Jobs and the Economy" on steps of New Hampshire State House
            - Testimony before New Hampshire legislature on "The Urgency for Bipartisanship"

Wednesday, Oct 14: WASHINGTON, D.C.
U.S. Congress - Congressional duties
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »

You all seem way too... combative? Tone it down folks.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2015, 10:13:17 PM »

Sometimes it gets out of hand, but at times it is a good way of making primaries fascinating. When I ran as Gingrich in Spamage's 2008 game and as Daniels in Tmth's 2012 game the primaries were quite negative, and those were perhaps the best I've played so far.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2015, 10:36:51 PM »

Apologies NY. I was trying to make a joke about Clinton/Complement to you. I meant no offense.
Good Luck, my friend.
-N.A.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2015, 11:00:46 PM »

Apologies NY. I was trying to make a joke about Clinton/Complement to you. I meant no offense.
Good Luck, my friend.
-N.A.

Understood and good luck to you too.
NYE
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2015, 11:14:13 PM »

October 8, 2015
-Rally in Iowa City, IA
You must be logged in to read this quote.
-Meet and greet at the University of Iowa
-Speech in Ames, IA
-Meet and greet at Iowa State

October 9, 2015
-Speech in Des Moines, IA
-Meet and greet in Des Moines, IA
-Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

October 10, 2015
-Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Meet and greet in Cedar Rapids, IA

October 11, 2015
-Rally in Davenport, IA
-Meet and greet in Davenport, IA
-Meet and greet in Betendorf, IA

October 12, 2015
-Rally in Dubuque, IA
-Meet and greet in Dubuque, IA
-Interview with KWWL in Dubuque, IA

October 13, 2015
-Speech in Dubuque, IA
-Speech in Waterloo, IA
-Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA

October 14, 2015
-Congressional duties

ADVERTISEMENT: STAND WITH ME

Quote from: Restricted

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2015, 11:16:22 PM »

Sometimes it gets out of hand, but at times it is a good way of making primaries fascinating. When I ran as Gingrich in Spamage's 2008 game and as Daniels in Tmth's 2012 game the primaries were quite negative, and those were perhaps the best I've played so far.

With luck, we'll set new records. Tongue
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2015, 11:41:51 AM »

This round is over I guess. I am on the edge of my seat for the next update!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies