2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:04:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 36442 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »

Marilinda Garcia

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Micheal Steele

Herman Cain

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »

Brown Campaign Statement on Walter Mondale
Today, we are greatly saddened by the loss of a brilliant public servant. Walter Mondale revolutionized the role of Vice President, and has always fought for the best interests of this country. Everyone at the Brown campaign sympathizes for his family and his loved ones.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2015, 03:17:20 PM »

Breaking: Former Senator Mark Udall to back Jerry Brown for President

"I legitimately thought I would be out of the political field, but Jerry Brown brought me back in. And I think he's an important voice in this race - I think Democrats aren't concerned enough about the privacy rights of average citizens, I think Democrats aren't concerned enough about income inequality, and I think Democrats aren't concerned enough about our growing infrastructure issues. We have spent too much time on the sidelines, and we need leadership that will stand boldly instead of blending in. Jerry Brown is someone who has stood out of the political status quo for a long time, and his record of results is astounding. I believe we can really shake up the country in the right way with Jerry Brown as our President, and he has my full endorsement."

Chicago Teacher Union Leader Karen Lewis backs Jerry Brown

"I've made it no secret that I am not pleased with the way the Democratic establishment has been shilling for Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Nor have I made it a mistake that I supported any opponent of the re-election of Mayor Rahm Emanuel, is very much of the same cloth. Repubican-lite won't do, and Jerry Brown has had a career of being a fighter for people's interests, but doing so in a manner that doesn't break the bank so to speak. He will be a crucial leader on making college more affordable, protecting workers, and standing up for those in need. Brown has my full support."

California Senators support their Governor!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2015, 04:39:10 PM »

Jerry Brown Press Conference on TPP Passage

"Over 20 years ago, I stood steadfast against NAFTA, the trade agreement that benefited large corporations and did little for take home pay. Over and over again, we follow in the NAFTA example, and give our earning power to foreign labor, while big companies benefit from their returns. TPP is another example of harmful trade practices at work, and it's a shame that Congress continues to give to their pals and not to the average person. It also proves another thing - voting Democrat won't protect you in this scenario. People of both parties voted for this agreement, which is shameful because free market conservatives shouldn't want this kind of crony capitalism either.

That's why, as President, I will call for a review of all previous trade agreements and, if so need, call for a re-negotiation so that we can balance it for everybody involved. So that we truly have a world market place. So that if we do have to make agreements in countries with poor conditions that they improve those conditions. So that wages finally go up for everyone. If we continue down this road we will be more unequal in terms of income than countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia. This is America - our country was founded on ideas of equality and freedom, and we need to make sure that people have the freedom to work for better wages, and people are more equal in terms of what their paid."
Jahnson
Rookie

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »

Bernie Sanders 2016
Official Statement on the Loss of Walter Mondale

With the passing of Walter Mondale, our nation has lost a lifelong advocate for hard working Americans. Throughout his decades of public service, Walter Mondale always put the people before politics and it showed. Walter Mondale represented the good of public service, and while he may no longer be on Earth, his legacy lives on in every American who entered public service inspired by his passion for the welfare of Americans relegated to the margins of society and his hope for a brighter future.
Jahnson
Rookie

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »

Bernie Sanders 2016
Campaign Schedule, Week of October 8th, 2015

Thursday, October 8th, 2015
- Barnstorm in Milford, NH
- Town Hall in Goffstown, NH
- Town Hall in Exeter, NH
- Rally at Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH (with Secretary Robert Reich)

"While the billionaire class is doing better than ever, and gearing up to spend historic amounts of money purchasing campaigns, everyone else is being squeezed. Real wages are stagnant, and when you account for those who've had such a hard time finding a job that they've simply given up, our unemployment rate is far too high. I support a federal jobs plan that will put millions Americans back to work by investing in our crumbling infrastructure. Our nation chose to spend over five trillion dollars to fight a war based on false pretenses in Iraq, we should choose to spend one trillion creating jobs for those desperately in need of one."

Friday, October 9th, 2015
- Appearance on a local NH radio station
- Town Hall in Claremont, NH
- Meet and Greet in Berlin, NH

Radio Host: Senator Sanders, how do you respond to the passage of the trade deal known as the Trans-Pacific Partnership?

Bernie Sanders: "I'm going to be blunt with you here, the Trans-Pacific Partnership is a disgrace. It's a poorly veiled attempt for multinational corporations to further pad their pockets while while so many of our workers lose their jobs, as if horrible agreements like NAFTA weren't already enough. It's shameful that members of both parties consciously chose corporate profit over the welfare of our workers. "

Saturday, October 10th, 2015
- Meet and Greet in Dover, NH
- Meet and Greet in Derry, NH
- Town Hall in Newmarket, NH
- Rally in Nashua, NH (with Governor Peter Shumlin)

Sunday, October 11th, 2015
- Rest in Burlington, VT
- Fly to Iowa

Monday. October 12th, 2015
- Town Hall in Coralville, IA
- Barnstorm in Burlington, IA
- Branstorm in Bettendorf, IA
- Townhall in Clinton, IA

Tuesday, October 13th, 2015
- Appearance on local IA radio station
- Barnsorm in Newton, IA
- Barnstorm in Mason City, IA
- Rally in Dubuque, IA (with Governor Howard Dean)

Radio Host: How do you feel about Obamacare, Senator?

Bernie Sanders: "In this country, the wealthiest on the planet, healthcare should be a right,  not a privilege for those who are fortunate enough to afford it. I believe that the ACA is a definitive step in the right direction, but it simply does not go far enough. Our citizens deserve healthcare from the day they are born all the way through their old age, and we already have a great program that is capable of providing that: Medicare. Nobody should go bankrupt because they contracted an illness."

Wednesday, October 14th, 2015
- Town Hall in West Des Moines, IA
- Barnstorm in Ames, IA
- Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA
- Fly to Washington, DC
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 08:07:56 PM »

Reserving this post for tomorrow.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 11:10:44 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

ENDORSEMENTS
-Congressman Dave Loebsack of Iowa
-Congresswoman Robin Kelly of Illinois
-Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth of Illinois
-Congressman Bobby Rush of Illinois

-post will be edited soon to include schedule-
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 04:28:10 AM »

Donald Trump Campaign Schedule October 8-14
I'm glad to be back in the great state of New Hampshire. This state has always been a bastion for freedom, liberty. I intend to restore that ideal when I get to the White House. Washington's been choking America, it's time to stop that.

Monday, October 8
Rally and Speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Manchester, New Hampshire
Visit to gun store in Manchester, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Nashua, New Hampshire
Town hall in New Boston, New Hampshire
Flight to Iowa

I think and I'm sure a lot of you agree, that the way Washington has been treating hardworking Americans has been disgusted. You're not a person, you're a number! So are you! And you! It's ridiculous. We need to reform the tax system, desperately.  As President, I will implement a simple, reasonable tax system.

Tuesday, October 9
Press conference in Des Moines, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Des Moines, Iowa
Meeting with Burlington GOP, Burlington Iowa
Tour of small businesses in Burlington, Iowa

I pledge that I will visit all 99 counties of Iowa, yes every single one of them. And when I visit those counties, I'll be talking to average Americans, people who care about America. I'm proud to say that I'm the anti-Washington candidate in this race.

Wednesday, October 10
Meet and Greet in Wapello, Iowa
Touring farms in Louisa County, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Muscatine, Iowa
Flight to New Hampshire

Thursday, October 11
Breakfast with New Hampshire staff in Manchester, New Hampshire
Town hall in Concord, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Dover, New Hampshire
Town hall in Dover, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Rochester, New Hampshire

Friday, October 12
Appearance on local radio in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Londonderry, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Exeter, New Hampshire
Town hall in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

Attendee's Question: What is your take on illegal drugs policy in America, do you support the War on Drugs and what is your opinion on marijuana legalization?

Thanks for that question. Now drugs, drugs are a complicated issue. Personally, I have no qualms with individual states legalizing marijuana. I think we should educate people about the risks and I also think we need to continue to prevent illegal drugs production, importation and distribution by cartels and dealers. It's quite clear that the current drugs policies aren't working. If we can find a way to contain it, than I'm all open to that. Legalization is an option.

Saturday, October 13
Flight to South Carolina
Town hall in Charleston, South Carolina

Attendee's Question: How would you, as President, deal with the immigration crisis at the Mexican border?

You watch, this is going to get ridiculed in the mainstream media. There's no way of saying it nicely, so I'll come out and say it anyway. We should consider occupying northern Mexico. Seriously, think about it.  In dealing with new arrivals, increased border controls isn't enough, they will keep coming. We need to get on both sides of the border, as the local government is clearly inept. Then we set up camps inside Mexico for these people to go to, where they can either apply to enter America legally or agree to go home. While we're at it, we may as well fight the cartels and get them away from our nation and cut off their smuggling routes.

This is a drastic solution to both of these problems but I genuinely believe that it could work. We have to try something new here.

Sunday, October 14
Rest day

Advertisement

America, I know you're sick of all the complicated, pointless tax system that you deal with? Or the IRS snooping into your private affairs? If you vote for me Donald Trump as your next President, I'll reform the tax system and get the IRS out of your face.

I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message.

Ad to Air in the Following States

rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »

Kasich Campaign Schedule October 8-14

John Kasich campaigns in Iowa with Senator Pete Dominici.

-----------------------------------

Kasich Ad: Fiscal Responsibility

Rep. David Joyce: Friends, the US national debt is over 18 trillion dollars.

Rep. Pat Tiberi: Due to excessive spending over the last seven years, the debt has nearly doubled. It has to stop.

Speaker Cliff Rosenberg: Fortunately for us, John Kasich is battle-tested and ready to fix the problem.

Senator Rob Portman: John Kasich believes in balancing the budget and making the US debt free.

Senator Pete Dominici: As Chair of the House Budget Committee, John Kasich worked with me so that we could create the last balanced budget.

Speaker John Boehner: With your vote, Governor John Kasich can balance our budget, pay off our debts, and restore fiscal sanity to our nation.

Governor Kasich: With your help, we can take America back. I'm John Kasich, and I approve this message.

(Airing in IA, NH, and SC)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2015, 02:16:31 PM »

Kerry Ad

A Lifetime of Service

For almost 30 years I served the people of Massachusetts in the United States Senate, chairing both the Foreign Relations and the Small Business Committees. I stood up for working class Americans with bills such as the Small Business Technology Transfer Program Renewal and an amendment to the Small Business Act to empower women in the workplace. I've dedicated my life to the American people, and now I believe it's time to take a new step in the journey. On [INSERT PRIMARY DAY HERE] cast your vote for me, John Kerry - a dedicated public servant who's ready to continue to fight for the American people.

Paid for by the committee to elect John Kerry President.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »

Rand Paul: October 8th-14th, 2015.
Thursday, October 8th, 2015:
-Rally in Ames, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet  in Ames, Iowa.
-Touring small manufacturing company in Des Moines, Iowa.

Friday, October 9th, 2015:

-Fundraiser in Davenport, Iowa.
-Rally in Muscatine, Iowa.
-Rally in Fairfax, Iowa at the Jefferson County GOP.
-Opening campaign office in Libertyville, Iowa.

Saturday, October 10th, 2015.
-Flight to New Hampshire.
-Rally in Keene, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.
-Meet and Greet with Marilinda Garcia in Exeter, New Hampshire.
-Fundraiser with Marilinda Garcia in Exeter, New Hampshire.

Sunday, October 11th, 2015.

-Appearance on Fox News Sunday.
-Rally with Michael Steele in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
-Rally with Michael Steele in Rochester, New Hampshire.
-Meet and Greet with Michael Steele in Epping, New Hampshire.

Monday, October 12th, 2015:
-Flight to Nevada.
-Rest day.

Tuesday, October 13th, 2015:
-Fundraiser in Las Vegas, Nevada.
-Meet and Greet in Henderson, Nevada.
-Rally in Reno, Nevada.

Wednesday, October 14th, 2015.
-Opening campaign office in Las Vegas, Nevada.
-Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada.
-Flight to Iowa.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2015, 04:16:14 PM »

Jerry Brown for President 2016 - October 7th - 14th, 2015

"While I want a democracy that truly represents everyone, a stronger education system, an environment free of toxins, and a booming economy, I believe we can't do all of those things without keeping our government in good financial shape. And if we look at our federal government, while things are improved under President Obama, we are still in a bad fiscal state, structurally and in practice. We can't run two hundred billion dollar deficits and expect prosperity. We have to think of innovative ways to solve the problem, and I have a few. First, we need to reform our tax code so that we bring in more funds. We can do that by eliminating corporate subsidies which do little for every day Americans, but also raise taxes so that we bring in more revenue. In addition, we have to reign in our military budget, which over the past couple of years has gotten out of control. And finally, we must evaluate the way we do things in all departments, and find ways to make them more accountable, more efficient, and better suited to solving today's problems.  With all of these measures, we can solve our deficit problem, and begin paying down the debt, so our children no longer have to live in fear of the day someone calls us on what we owe them."

October 8th, 2014 (With Mark Udall)
- Speech in Charleston, South Carolina
- Town Hall in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
- Meet and Greet in Beaufort, South Carolina
- Meet and Greet in Ridgeland, South Carolina

October 9th, 2014 (With Mark Udall)
- Press Conference on TPP (see previous update)
- Meet and Greet in Walterboro, South Carolina
- Town Hall in Orangeburg, South Carolina
- Barnstorming in Columbia, South Carolian

Todd: "Governor Brown, under your Governorship, you've pushed High Speed Rail, something a lot of people are thinking is the way of the future. Will you push this idea nationally, and why or why not?"

Brown: "I pushed High Speed Rail in California because I felt that infrastructure in this country is rotting, and as the leader of the biggest state in the country, I felt we need substantial changes to grow our economy, create jobs, but most importantly, create new ways of transporting people so that people get to where they want to go more efficiently and effectively. I believe it is the way of the future, and as President of the United States, I will push for broad infrastructure changes, including more High Speed Rail across this country, so that we no longer have this functionality problem we seem to have with our countries roads and bridges."

Todd: "Governor Brown, last time we had you on the program, you were unsure about pot legalization. After seeing more of the results, do you remain unsure, or have you definitively decided one way or the other?"

Brown: "Actually, Chuck, I came on this show to announce my change of heart. I have seen the results in Colorado and Washington, and I have to say I am beyond impressed. There has been a boost in their state economies, a decrease in the number of arrests, and general improvement of the state situation. Therefore, I am supporting the legalization of recreational use of pot. That being said, I will not push for national legalization, rather, I'll use my bully pulpit to push states in the right direction. Meanwhile, I will use my power on the hill to make sure we don't prosecute states that choose to make up their minds on the issue, and push legalization in D.C. I know that sounds like a cop out position, but most Democrats in this race still do not support even this position, which is discouraging to say the least. "

October 10th, 2015 (With Mark Udall and Karen Lewis)
- Barnstorming in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Town Hall in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Town Hall in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Appearance on Chuck Todd Tonight

October 11th, 2015 (With Mark Udall and Karen Lewis)
Meet and Greet in Red Oak, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Carroll, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Fort Dodge, Iowa

October 12th, 2015 (With Mark Udall and Karen Lewis)
Meet and Greet in Cherokee, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Spencer, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Algona, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Estherville, Iowa

"I feel like the difference between myself and Hillary Clinton is one, not entirely of experience, though experience is a factor, not entirely of sense, though I believe I have the sense to lead this country, and not entirely of character, which I believe I have more of. I think the biggest favor is, who do you owe? Hillary Clinton has Goldman Sachs, Wall Street, and the defense contractors in her lane. I'll ask you all something, do you think that after their support, that she'll just go back to doing the best thing for the American people? Of course not. That's not how our politics work. She will owe them her life, and have to return the favor as President. Meanwhile, in my campaign for this office, I have refused corporate sponsors, and have taken money only from those who can give to it. With a $500 limit for each person who donates to me, I have been struggling to keep up fundraising of most of the candidates, and yet I'm fine with that because, If I do win, and with your support anything is possible, I will only be beholden to those who voted for me."

October 13th, 2015
Gubernatorial Duties

October 14th, 2015
Gubernatorial Duties
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »

Other Jerry Brown Surrogate Schedules
- Diane Feinstine will be campaigning in Arizona and New Mexico
- Barbara Boxer will be campaigning in Nevada
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »

OOC: Can we get an extra day for the turn? Thanks.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2015, 08:05:32 PM »

Kerry Surrogate Schedule
Congressman Joe Kennedy III will be campaigning in New Hampshire.
Senator Ed Markey will be campaigning in New Hampshire.
Senator Jeanne Shaheen will be campaigning in New Hampshire.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2015, 08:40:13 PM »

Bush for America
Oct. 8-14

Oct. 8      Iowa
-Meeting with evangelical group
-Speech on the right to life, Terri Schiavo
-Barnstorm in Ames

During my time as Governor of Florida, I had to make tough choices. One of the toughest was the case of a terminally ill patient named Terri Schiavo. Ms. Schiavo was on a feeding tube when the initial conflict started. Her family was divided as to whether Terri had a right to continue to live.

Shortly after the hospital attempted to remove the feeding tube and end Mrs. Schiavo's life, the Florida Legislature passed a bill that gave me authority to intervene if I saw the need. My political people kept pleading with me to let the courts decide or to let the issue get off the headlines. The polling, they told me, wasn't exactly in favor of sticking up this aspect of the right to life. I believe in a culture of life. Shortly following legislative authorization, I gave the order to reinsert the feeding tube.

The point of my telling you this is that sometimes leadership is hard. Both on the issue of life, and in other things. I have tried my hardest, throughout my time in public life, to do what is right, no matter the political expense. That's what leading is about. Standing up for what you believe in, not laying down at the feet of your pollsters.

Oct. 9     South Carolina
-Visiting military families
-Barnstorming coastal SC
-Speech to the Citadel

The United States military is, and must always be, the greatest fighting force on the planet. The Republican Party has always been the party of a strong national defense and I believe strongly in that tradition.

The security offered by a safer world and strong military is fundamental to the promise of America. Too often, politicians see the cost of the defense budget without ever seeing the benefits. They look to cut it and make it what they call more efficient, while I call it less effective. *snip*

It will be a priority of my administration to responsibly reform future military retirement benefits, meaning anyone currently enlisted will not be affected by a single one of our changes. I'll also pursue responsible reforms to the way we purchase weapons and other defense systems. Most importantly, every dime of savings from these reforms will be reinvested to bolster our military readiness and preserve our status as the world's greatest military force. *snip*

Oct. 10     South Carolina
-More coastal bus stops
-Speeches to open up field offices all along the coast
-Q&A with South Carolina Association of Realtors on tax issues

Oct. 11     South Carolina
-Address to Public Charter School Alliance of South Carolina
-Continue coastal bus tour
-Doorknocking

Oct. 12     South Carolina
-Bring in top volunteers in South Carolina
-Fly in Bush Family
-Fly in old Bush Alumni
-Barbecue with family and biggest supporters

Oct. 13     New Hampshire
-Doorknocking and bus tour in Southeast NH
-Speech to Rockingham County Chamber of Commerce
-Carroll County PTA Spaghetti Dinner

It's really great to see all of you out tonight supporting your child's school district. I know everyone is excited to go ahead and eat so I'll keep it brief. I just want to say, this is where the biggest change in a child's life takes place. Kids do well when parents are involved in their education. Politics isn't ever easy, but at events like this, I'm reminded why it's worth it. It's just really great to share a wonderful meal with wonderful people.

Oct. 14     New Hampshire
-Knocking on doors in Wolfesboro
-Bus tour the middle part of the state
-Shake hands, kiss babies, etc.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2015, 08:50:29 PM »

McRaven for President: October 8-14

Interview on The Rachel Maddow Show

Admiral McRaven, recently Hillary Clinton made headlines by talking about the need to shift away from fossil fuels. Do you support such a move?

Secretary Clinton says that we need to be off all fossil fuels. I agree in principle that that’s a noble long-term goal, but where I disagree is where she focuses on getting it done now. Now isn’t when we need to get off of fossil fuels - now is when we need to be developing our own domestic fossil fuel industries. This is a matter of national security, making sure that we have our own domestic sources of energy developed in the short-term while also developing our long-term energy options. She seems to be setting up this dichotomy in the campaign between people who support renewable energy and people who support fossil fuels, and my question is: why not both?

Governor Brown wants more high-speed rail across the nation. Do you believe this is something we should be spending on?

I do, absolutely - my favorite President, throughout history, probably has to be Dwight D. Eisenhower. And sure, he was a Republican, but he knew what he was doing; he was moderate and did what was in the best interest of the nation. General Eisenhower was expecting to have a long slog ahead of him to get from the border with France to Berlin, that it would take months, if not years, to get there, but then he encountered the autobahns. Seeing that highway system, built with the purpose of efficiency and enabling movement across the whole nation, is supposed to be what inspired the creation of the Interstate Highway System - something nobody has a problem with. Now, we see other nations in Europe and Asia innovating and developing systems of high-speed rail, which I’ve gotten a chance to use when at our bases in Germany and Japan, and the benefit of that kind of rail system to mobility in this country, in terms of increasing economic growth, is something I’d like to see duplicated.

Do you believe you have the experience necessary to deal with Congress, should you be elected?

Absolutely - I’ve dealt with Congress a lot before. When you work your way up in the military, eventually you wind up spending a lot of time fighting for your men, not in Iraq or Afghanistan, but on Capitol Hill, trying to get more resources, more facilities, all the stuff your men need. While I may not have the experience of a Senator or Representative in working within Congress, I think I’ve probably done it more often than a Governor or other official, and hey, that didn’t stop Eisenhower, did it?

Speech on the Trans-Pacific Partnership - Portsmouth, NH

Governor Jerry Brown’s out on the campaign trail criticizing the passage of the Trans-Pacific Partnership - characterizing it as a kind of ‘crony capitalism’. That’s not what the TPP is about. I, personally, am glad that we managed to pass that agreement - not because of how it’ll affect the economy, though I do believe it’ll support long-term economic growth, but because it’s a decision about our national security. Do we want to take an active role in the world stage? Or do we want to cede that control to other nations - a decision that will ultimately have longer-term implications for the US economy and the American worker than this trade agreement?

We are not the only nation in the world. We’re not even the only economic superpower in the world. No region will affect our prosperity and security like Asia will in the coming decades. America is a nation founded on innovation, the best technology, the best education, and a diverse population. But that doesn’t mean other nations aren’t catching up to where we are. If we want to maintain our position as the leading nation of the world, we need to strengthen our security ties. During my time in Iraq and Afghanistan, what I saw is that, fundamentally, commerce helps build peace. It brings people together, unites them around a common interests, and allows us to form deeper partnerships. Our military alliances are at their strongest when they’re founded on shared economic interests. Those nations we bring into this alliance - Japan, Malaysia, Vietnam - will now be more interested in devoting their resources to a whole host of causes, be it counterterrorism or maritime security or humanitarian assistance.

Now, I’d like to respond specifically to Governor Brown’s statement that the TPP involves harmful trade practices. He says that we need to make sure that people have the freedom to work for better wages - and I agree with him there. The problem in his argument is that the TPP does that. It contains strong labor and environmental protections, and actually reduces subsidies given by foreign governments to allow our businesses to compete more fairly. Does it make everything equal? Of course not. But let’s not make the perfect the enemy of the good. Trying to revise the deal, after years of careful negotiations, would likely mean no new deal at all. What happens if we scrap the deal? Well, there’s other regional powers that are quite willing to fill the vacuum that would leave, and I don’t think China has any qualms about setting lax labor standards. Do we really want to engage in a race to the bottom?

As President, I will champion increasing trade ties overseas. There is a bipartisan consensus that we should engage with other nations economically, and I plan to act so that we may reap the economic and national security benefits of those agreements. Whether you care about economics or about national security, the TPP benefits us all, and I will seek to further agreements like it.

New ad: Bio

”Hi, I’m Admiral Bill McRaven. Most of you probably haven’t heard of me, but I’m running for President. I got my start in the Navy, serving as a SEAL, and worked my way up the chain of command over the next 37 years before eventually becoming Commander of US Special Operations Command. Over that time, I served in Desert Shield, Desert Storm, and in Iraq and Afghanistan, but the operation I’m proudest of planning and overseeing was Operation Neptune Spear, when we killed Osama bin Laden. Now, I’m running for President, to take the lessons of leadership I learned while commanding our military, to lead and change America. It’d be an honor if I could count on your vote in the primaries.”

Admiral McRaven spent this week in coastal New Hampshire, with major rallies in the towns of Hampton Beach, Rye, and Portsmouth.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »

TV Ad: Conservative Leadership
GOV BUSH: Hi, I'm Jeb Bush and I'm tired of canned, poll-tested politics. I'm running on my beliefs, not from them. That's always been a principle of mine. As Governor of Florida, I overcame great resistance from the liberal media and big spending liberal opponents to sign the nation's first Stand Your Ground law. I stood up for every human being's right to life in the Terri Schiavo case, even though it wasn't popular. The truth is, this country has had enough of a President who goes chasing after opinion polls. If you elect me, you know you're electing a conservative leader who will always try to do what is right even when it isn't popular. That's my promise. Real, conservative leadership.

TV Ad: The Promise of America

GOV BUSH:*pictures relevant to what is being said* America has always made two fundamental promises to her people. The first promise is to support a strong national defense. President Obama has cut our military readiness drastically and jeopardized this country by being a weak Commander in Chief. President Obama has also damaged the other promise of America, that if you get a good education, obey the laws, and work hard, you will succeed. That's not the reality of Obama's America. There are too many people who can't find work and who can't rise in society. *camera turns shows Governor Bush on desk, speaking to camera* If you elect me your next President, I'll work to restore the twin promises of America. I'll fight for security abroad and opportunity at home. I'm Jeb Bush and I approve this message. Thank you.

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2015, 09:12:11 PM »

Flip Flop Scott

Narrator: Scott Walker signed the Common Core educational standards into law in Wisconsin. *clip of Walker criticizing Common Core* But now he's backtracking. Or is he? *shows Blaze article* To be honest, who knows what Scott Walker thinks of Common Core.

Second Narrator: What about immigration? Scott Walker endorsed a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, but then he called his own plan amnesty. Who knows where Flip Flop Scott stands on the issues?

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2015, 09:51:31 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2015, 12:54:32 PM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Press Release

The Manchin Campaign expresses deep sorrow for the loss of former Vice President Walter Mondale who was a true force for positive change in the US and around the world. He will stay in our hearts in this campaign as a true statesman and a devoted husband and father of 3. We urge prayers for Vice President Mondale's family in this difficult time.

Joe Manchin for President: Schedule for October 8-14

October 8th
Flight to Louisville, Kentucky
Meeting with Donors
Meeting with representatives and search for support among Kentucky's major labor unions
Flight to Iowa

Senator Manchin's plans in Iowa for Week 2

October 9th
Speech in Dubuque, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Asbury, Iowa
Meeting with Jones County Farmers
Meet and Greet in Maquoketa, Iowa

"Iowa, a great injustice was just committed on American workers just the other day. That is the passage of the Trans Pacific Partnership, a toxic trade deal that will continue the devaluation of the American worker and the continued suction of real, high paying American jobs overseas. Many other candidates have been lecturing me on if I really care about people and if I'm beholden to industry; I ask them where they are when our president is agreeing to move our jobs overseas and is forcing even more out with stringent regulations.

I've done all I can in the senate with allies like Sherrod Brown and Elizabeth Warren to oppose these dirty deals. We obviously can not do it ourselves so I ask you to help me promote fair trade, not free trade!

October 9th
Meet and Greet in Durant, Iowa
Town Hall in Tipton, Iowa
Meeting with the Cedar County Farm Bureau
Meet and Greet in DeWitt, Iowa

Questioner: "Mr. Manchin, what will do to help us farmers out?"

Senator Manchin: "Great question. I support keeping, and expanding all of our present ethanol subsidies which will provide renewable, clean burning energy in a way that doesn't hurt Americans or shut down whole areas of industry. We are also able to stabilize the market for corn while making gas cheaper in the process.

October 10th
Rest
Rally in Clinton, Iowa

I ask you, Iowa, to join me on a campaign that will bring true change instead of the same old tune of liberal democrat against conservative republican. I bring the credentials and record of standing up for principles instead of towing the party line. I will work for your gun rights, for bringing jobs back to the United States, for those that are unable to protect themselves, and, most of all, for your pocketbook.

If we put up this fight, although we may be in the city of Clinton that is smack dab in the middle of Clinton County, we'll make it Clinton-in-name-only!

October 11th
Flight to Mempis, Tennessee
Rally in Memphis
Door to Door Canvassing in Nashville, Tennessee
Meeting with Tennessee State Legislators and Interest Groups

I'm here in Nashville today to spread a message of working across the isle, protecting the rights of every citizen in Nashville and in the United States, and for sticking up for the little guy just as I've done as governor of West Virginia and in the Senate of our great country. I hope to knock on as many doors as I can this afternoon and into the evening.

October 12th
Flight to Washington DC
Meeting with Major Lobbyists and Interest Groups (looking for donors including NRA, ConocoPhillips, ACCCE)
Speech in Fairfax, Virginia

As we celebrate this Columbus Day which represents the discovery of the American dream, that is the belief that if we work hard we can achieve anything we can in this land that we call home, I want us all to think about what makes us exceptional as well as what we can do to bring more opportunity to all. It's a pervasive feeling nowadays that just not enough of us can achieve that dream, and part of that is the distrust of our political system which seems to never work in our best interests. As a maverick in the Senate and a successful governor of a politically changing state, I can bring the change that our government needs.

October 13th
Appearance on MSNBC
Flight to Dallas, Texas
Meeting with Major Texas Donors and Legislators
Rally in College Station, Texas

Maddow: "What would you say your economic message is during this campaign?"

Senator Manchin: "I would say that it is opportunity and investment in our future. We need to give Americans the chance to get a job and maintain a living wage, this includes making sure we don't advance any more deals like the Trans Pacific Partnership and making sure policies are not enacted that destroy whole industries that everyday people rely on, especially in my home state of West Virginia. We also must invest in our future, particularly our children by not handing them a nation perilously in debt, so I'd say that we also must introduce, pass, and ratify a Balanced Budget Amendment.

Really, I'd say my outlook on economic policy is common sense, but others seem to have a distorted view of reality. The fact is that I have the experience and the bipartisanship to increase the quality of life for those all across this country.[/i]

October 14th
Rest day

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2015, 09:51:32 PM »

Unity Through Strength, October 8-14th:

"Gloves are coming off as the primary unfolds, and no doubt the discussion will be intense until we get to Iowa. I know many give this campaign a much lesser chance that say, Bush or Walker to win the nomination, but so far I think we have come a long way from the polls at the start to the year to a far more consolidated position in this race. Now more than ever I feel compelled to get out there and talk to the voters, to share my vision of a strong America with a strong military, the vision of reform and good government, the vision of being able to accomplish things in the White House, rather than the legacy of seven years of campaign speeches yet few positive accomplishments. To Washington we go, with a message and with an agenda behind us!"

October 8th:
-New Hampshire II:
  (With Sen. John McCain)
 -Rally/Q&A in Nashua, NH.
 -Meet and Greet in Nashua, NH.
 -Meeting with volunteers in Manchester, NH.
 -Touring Manchester, NH, visiting small business and talking to people in the street.

October 9th:
  (With Sen. John McCain)
-New Hampshire III:
 -Town Hall in Dover, NH.
 -Town Hall in Rochester, NH.
 -Town Hall in Salem, NH.
 -Interview with local New Hampshire media.
 -Dinner with New Hampshire donors and party officers.

"My good friend John McCain won the state of New Hampshire twice, and he did so because he engaged with the voters, because he went to town halls, because he delivered his message. This campaign is not one that seeks to flood New Hampshire in money in the hopes for a win, because the New Hampshire voter is one that carefully looks at all candidates and then makes his choice. I think I am a good fit for the state because I believe in common sense reform, because I am willing to do what needs to be done to ensure the economic recovery we need, and because it is my belief that a different approach is what will win the general election for us."

October 10th:
  (With Sen. John McCain)
-New Hampshire IV:
 -Town Hall in Keene, NH.
 -Town Hall in Derry, NH.
 -Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH.
 -Rally in Concord, NH. (On Leadership and Graham's personal story)

October 11th:
-Senate Duties:
 -Senate Duties.

October 12th:
-South Carolina V:
 -Town Hall in Greer, SC.
 -Town Hall in Aiken, SC.
 -Town Hall in Sumter, SC.
 -Rally and Q&A in Mount Pleasant, SC.

"I have served the great state of South Carolina for years, and it has always been a an honor to have your trust to represent you in the Senate. Now I wish to ask your support for me to go to Washington once again, but as the President of the United States of America. Having served this state for so long I know its problems very well, I know the struggle of its citizens and the issues that affect them. This is a state with a large populations of soldiers and veterans, brave men who fight every day for what this nation stands for.  And you can trust me when I speak about our role in the world and need to be safe that I don't do so as a chicken hawk, I do so because I believe it is right. While I have never been in combat I have proudly served in the Air Force and the Air National Guard as a colonel, and in my constant trips to war zones like Iraq and Afghanistan I have seen the sacrifices those men have to do. If elected, you can trust me to look after them, and to never disregard what they do for all of us."

October 13rd:
-South Carolina VI:
 -Bus Tour in Pontiac, SC.
 -Bus Tour in Summerville, SC.
 -Bus Tour in Goose Creek, SC.
 -Rally and Q&A in Columbia, SC.

October 14th:
-South Carolina VII:
 -Bus Tour in James Island, SC.
 -Bus Tour in Spartanburg, SC.
 -Visit to Fort Jackson Base in Columbia, SC.
 -Rally and Q&A in Charleston, SC.
Jahnson
Rookie

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2015, 10:13:46 PM »

Senator Bernie Sanders Surrogate Schedule
Governor Peter Shumlin (D-VT) will be campaigning in New Hampshire.
Governor Howard Dean (D-VT) will be campaigning in Iowa.
Labor Secretary Robert Reich (D-CA) will be campaigning in New Hampshire.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2015, 10:14:12 PM »

Scott Walker Campaign Schedule
Week of October 8th

I find it interesting Governor Bush feels the need to go on the attack so early, attacks which only serve to escalate the tension in the Republican Primaries and divide the party. Overly negative attacks cost us the elections in 2008 and 2012, and I am shocked Jeb would decide to criticize the records of one of the other candidates in the race when the real opponents this November are the Democrats, but perhaps it shows he's willing to say anything if it means a chance at the White House.

These attacks show Jeb is not the change the party needs, but a memory of our history. Just as he uses old campaign tactics he also carries the name of an American political dynasty which has had, according to Barbara Bush, "enough presidents". We do not need another Bush in Washington, especially one which has been out of office for many years, but someone with fresh experience on the job and who understands the issues real, everyday Americans face.

Monday October 8th- New Hampshire/Massachusetts
Rally in Concord
Speech in Concord responding the Governor Bush's criticisms
Fundraisers in Boston
Rally in Boston with campaign volunteers

Tuesday October 9th- Iowa
Speech in Des Moines to undecided voters
Rally with campaign workers in Sioux City
Canvassing door-to-door in Sioux City
Meet and Greet in Sioux City
Appearance on The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer

Wednesday October 10th- Iowa
Rally in Bloomsfield
Meet and Greet in Fairfield
Lunch with volunteers at Fairfield
Speech to Republican Women at Fairfield

People of Iowa, in several months you will be asked to make a decision, one which could have an impact for decades to come. Do you want to continue the culture of handouts, one of complacency and a rejection of America's greatness or do you want bold leadership and new ideas in Washington? During the last 8 years our economic recovery has been hindered, and not encouraged, by the policies of President Obama and worldwide America has lost much of the prestige it once possessed. Under a Walker administration the White House would be working to advance America's interests and not work solely for advancing the political agenda of the President, as we currently see in Washington! I humbly ask for your vote because together we can make history!

Thursday October 11th- Wisconsin

Gubernatorial duties
Debate practice in Madison
Meet and Greet in Madison

Friday October 12th- Iowa
Speech in Davenport to supporters
Rally in Cedar Rapids with farmers
Lunch with unemployed workers in Cedar Rapids
Buffet style fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, open to public

Saturday October 13th- South Carolina
Speech in Columbia to local NRA Chapter
Meet and Greet in Charleston with undecided voters
Opening of new campaign headquarters in Charleston
Dance fundraiser in Charleston, open to public

Sunday October 14th- Washington D.C.
Appearance on Meet the Press
Meetings and lunch with several GOP Senators
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2015, 10:18:31 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2015, 06:32:53 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Ad: Economic Values

"As Governor, in the Senate, and during this campaign I have stood up for those hard-working Americans who devote themselves to the land they work on. I believe in a form of environmentalism that understands what is really happening on the ground and uses government to encourage practices that will help emissions without putting Americans out of work. This is why I strongly support increasing ethanol subsidies, because those hard-working farmers ought to be able to make a livelihood."

"I'm Joe Manchin and I approve this message."

Airing in: Iowa
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies