According to voting records, Jeb Bush didn't vote in the 2008 election!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 10:09:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  According to voting records, Jeb Bush didn't vote in the 2008 election!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: According to voting records, Jeb Bush didn't vote in the 2008 election!  (Read 3593 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2015, 04:06:40 PM »

SCANDAL!

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/03/03/florida-records-raise-questions-about-jeb-bushs-2008-vote/?_r=0

“Join me and vote for John McCain,” Mr. Bush said in the 30-second spot.

But according to voting records from Miami-Dade County, where Mr. Bush and his wife, Columba, are longtime residents, the couple did not vote for Mr. McCain or anyone else in that presidential election.

Mr. Bush said through his spokeswoman, Kristy Campbell, that he and his wife cast absentee ballots for Mr. McCain, but election officials could not locate any record that either had voted.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »

More importantly, just where was Jeb Bush during Benghazi? And how he did he know to lure his brother out of D.C. on 9/11 so no harm could be done to him? Hmmm? Hmmmmmm?
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »

With loyalists like these, I can't grasp how McCain lost.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 04:31:19 PM »

Is that Mel Martinez in the center?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 04:33:23 PM »

Who cares if Jeb doesn't vote for president? Hillary used a .com rather than a .gov e-mail address.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 04:34:45 PM »

Who cares if Jeb doesn't vote for president? Hillary used a .com rather than a .gov e-mail address.
Not voting doesn't break federal regulations
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 04:35:58 PM »

This. It's not like one more vote in Florida would have made any difference for Mr. McCain.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 04:37:10 PM »

Is that Mel Martinez in the center?

I think so. I thought at first it might be Peter King, but Martinez makes more sense.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »

Neither does using a personal e-mail. The only federal regulation is that e-mails sent through personal accounts must be preserved for records, and they were.

Anyway, I don't think it's too much to ask for someone who actually wants to be president, to, you know...actually care enough to vote in presidential elections. This is a much bigger deal than Walker's college degree.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 04:44:26 PM »

Maybe McCain got his friend Lindsey Graham to run in the hopes of sucking away would-be Bush votes in South Carolina because of this great betrayal.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 04:48:35 PM »

Neither does using a personal e-mail. The only federal regulation is that e-mails sent through personal accounts must be preserved for records, and they were.

Anyway, I don't think it's too much to ask for someone who actually wants to be president, to, you know...actually care enough to vote in presidential elections. This is a much bigger deal than Walker's college degree.
She didn't give up all of her emails as was required, this on itself isn't much of a scandal but like her foundation(slush fund) accepting foreign donations it feeds into a narrative about the Clintons being paranoid and playing by their own set of rules. as for this story I agree that if it turns out he didn't vote in 2008 it could do nearly irreparable harm to his reputation as a team player among establishment leaders, this could be a lingering problem unlike Walker's college degree which nobody really cares about
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 05:12:05 PM »

I didn't know there were voting records that anybody can look at. That's the news story to me.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 05:12:21 PM »

He was probably purged from the rolls.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »

Wouldn't it be more embarrassing to vote for Presidential ticket that included Sarah Palin?
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 05:16:29 PM »

I suspect that he voted for Obama in 2012 because if Romney won he would have to wait until 2020.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 07:57:31 PM »

I suspect that he voted for Obama in 2012 because if Romney won he would have to wait until 2020.

So were the Clintons straight-ticket Republicans during the Aughts?
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 09:14:10 PM »

An individual decision to vote is essentially a symbolic gesture, given now rarely one vote makes a difference. This isn't a big deal.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 10:00:29 PM »

America needs a Bush/Walker '16 ticket: a guy who doesn't vote and a guy who didn't graduate from college. They're the perfect specimens of America.
chrisras
Rookie
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 11:11:38 PM »

LOL.  It's no secret that Jeb wasn't a fan of his Brother.  He never worked hard for him.  As hard as he could have.  Deep down he wanted George W Bush to lose for two reasons.  First, He didn't think he'd make a good president.  Second, it would benefit him politically.  This is common knowledge in Florida politics.  Jeb doesn't like his brother much on a political level.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 11:15:46 PM »

LOL.  It's no secret that Jeb wasn't a fan of his Brother.  He never worked hard for him.  As hard as he could have.  Deep down he wanted George W Bush to lose for two reasons.  First, He didn't think he'd make a good president.  Second, it would benefit him politically.  This is common knowledge in Florida politics.  Jeb doesn't like his brother much on a political level.

Good point.  As far as I can recall, Jeb didn't lift a finger to help his brother win the 2008 US presidential election.  He didn't even endorse him!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 11:23:15 PM »

I didn't know there were voting records that anybody can look at. That's the news story to me.

Most states have them available. You can't tell who someone voted for, but you can tell if someone voted. It's a key asset in determining likely vs unlikely voters for campaigns, especially given that you can tell if someone voted in the Democratic or Republican primary, which is usually (though not always!) a pretty good sign where someone leans. If someone consistently votes in GOP primaries and in general elections, you can bet that person is a diehard Republican and vice versa.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 12:25:25 AM »

This. It's not like one more vote in Florida would have made any difference for Mr. McCain.

When you have to get your daddy's Supreme Court justices to end the recount in your state because your brother is up only 154 votes, every vote counts.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 12:30:10 AM »

In some cases whether or not someone has voted is significant but in John Ellis Bush's case his policy stances matter much more.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 02:38:50 AM »

Wow Retromike 22, we should ask for a special counsel for why Jeb Bush didn't vote in 2008, but not for the Benghazi fiasco; You seem to be worried about this than Hillary's foreign money donations or her misuse of government e-mails,  nice to know where your priorities are...but then again I didn't get your point...oh I forgot you are a Democrat and therefore you were blowing smoke instead of making a point. Come on old buddy if this is the best you got...Please do us all a favor & go back into whatever cave you came out of.
bobloblaw
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »

Jeb is an idiot, but Hillary's is actually a bigger deal. It is the 21st century version of the missing 18 minutes.

I dont understand why Hillary fans dont grasp that the worst thing for the Democrat party would be IF SHE WON. She'd ensure that the GOP after 2018 was larger than it is today. That is why she is my second choice for Prez. Walker is my first choice. But if we are going to have a Bush v Clinton races, the winner ends up destroying their party at every level from Dog Catcher to Senate. Ill take Hil and her corruption and incompetence over Bush's desire to transform American into a slightly richer Mexico
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies