What are Fiorina's Qualifications?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:05:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What are Fiorina's Qualifications?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What are Fiorina's Qualifications?  (Read 6214 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 11:04:34 PM »

Er...she's not married to Bill Clinton; dang there goes her qualifications. Maybe she doesn't need to be married to Bill...maybe she can lose or win on her own "merits".☺

Maybe you've been living under a rock so I'll fill you in: Hillary was a United States Senator from the state of New York from 2001-2009, and Secretary of State from 2009-2013. Carly Fiorina is a failed 2010 Senate candidate and a failed CEO.
There are still knocks against Fiorina, but experience isn't limited to political office.

So being fired by the board of directors of HP counts as experience? Well, whatever floats your boat.
How do you get that from a post where I say there are still knocks against Fiorina?
What is Fiorina's experience, besides losing a senate race and being a terrible CEO?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 11:06:34 PM »

Er...she's not married to Bill Clinton; dang there goes her qualifications. Maybe she doesn't need to be married to Bill...maybe she can lose or win on her own "merits".☺

Maybe you've been living under a rock so I'll fill you in: Hillary was a United States Senator from the state of New York from 2001-2009, and Secretary of State from 2009-2013. Carly Fiorina is a failed 2010 Senate candidate and a failed CEO.
There are still knocks against Fiorina, but experience isn't limited to political office.

So being fired by the board of directors of HP counts as experience? Well, whatever floats your boat.
How do you get that from a post where I say there are still knocks against Fiorina?
What is Fiorina's experience, besides losing a senate race and being a terrible CEO?

Being a Republican. If she was a Democrat running, her "record" and "experience" would be torn apart.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 11:47:30 PM »

Fiorina?  She's not a bad CEO or a good one per se, but she is too conservative to deserve the presidency.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 02:37:47 AM »

As opposed to being too Liberal like Obama or Clinton?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »

I'll take either one over this failed woman.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 03:30:32 AM »

You read my statement correctly in the sense that I saying that my problem was with her ideology as oppose to her tenure as CEO.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 05:51:27 AM »

Reagan had conservative credentials up the kazoo & he wasn't such a bad president was he? In fact he is ranked amongst the pantheon of great Presidents; you see ideological issue from close quarters, but you step back, you see the authencity and being a failed candidate - speaking from a historic and not a comparative perspective,  Abraham Lincoln, lost more electoral contests than he won....served one house term & lost a Senate contest, two years before winning the presidency in a four-way split, managed to hold the union together, emancipated the slaves & authored the Gettysburg address along the way and won a second term...All in all, not bad at all. Fiorina as the nominee might not only just give Hillary a run for her money; in a word, let the best woman win!😊
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »

Great point. Our current two term President and the wife of our former two term President are too liberal to win a Presidential election in the United States.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 01:03:28 PM »

And then there was George W. Bush who was too conservative to be elected President of the United States - twice!👍
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 01:45:16 PM »

And then there was George W. Bush who was too conservative to be elected President of the United States - twice!👍

You mean George W Bush, the man who expanded medicare coverage, pushed for pathway to citizenship for immigrants, signed the largest single minimum wage increase in US history, and passed more aid bills for poverty in Africa than any US President?

No, I'd say he was just about right.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »

Well I can't fault those voters who were suckered into believing that the anointed one, pretty much got a pass and won the presidency by pretending to be something that he wasn't; would he been elected running in a bad economy after 8 years of someone like Al Gore; Obama was elected, not so much of who he was, but rather because he sold the idea he was "different"; not really, he race baits,  if you criticise him or his policies, very good at that "chip on the shoulder act, you could say he is not so much as a uniter as a divider; doesn't understand the private sector and wants something for nothing,  he learned well, when he was a "community organizer" in the Chicago ghetto. Yep with that kinda background,  time to reinvent ones self, and pretend that one is not really a leftist liberal,  who  to "spread the wealth", another example of the ghetto mentality.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2015, 04:18:02 PM »

nice non-sequitur
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 05:38:36 PM »

You mean George W Bush, the man who expanded medicare coverage, pushed for pathway to citizenship for immigrants, signed the largest single minimum wage increase in US history, and passed more aid bills for poverty in Africa than any US President?

No, I'd say he was just about right.

Whilst also rejecting stem cell research, expanding the powers of the executive to obscene levels, overriding the justice department, invading a foreign country on false pretenses, cracking down on civil liberties and beginning the 'war on terror'
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 02:56:52 AM »

Yep Barack has done very little to correct things; doesn't want to tarnish that Nobel Peace Prize, has undermined whatever credibility America might have had. Won't stand up to Iran, refuses to acknowledge that ISIS are nothing but a bunch of Islamist Jahidist extremist thugs, behaves like the third world's bitch! Rather George W. Bush,  at least he stood for the principles that made the great country she is. All Obama does is bitch & whine over what's wrong with America. He should go back to Kenya or wherever he claims to come from.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2015, 11:31:02 AM »

Yep Barack has done very little to correct things; doesn't want to tarnish that Nobel Peace Prize, has undermined whatever credibility America might have had. Won't stand up to Iran, refuses to acknowledge that ISIS are nothing but a bunch of Islamist Jahidist extremist thugs, behaves like the third world's bitch! Rather George W. Bush,  at least he stood for the principles that made the great country she is. All Obama does is bitch & whine over what's wrong with America. He should go back to Kenya or wherever he claims to come from.
Look, I have my grievances with Obama and he's a far cry from the sort of president he said he would be in 2008, but I'll take him over W. Bush. Obama doesn't cause recessions, launch into a large-scale war based on unfounded accusations (Bush did this with Iraq), massively cut taxes for the people that don't need it, and implement flawed reforms to the Department of Education (Bush did this with NCLB).

And quit it with the birther stuff. If you were joking there, it's not funny. If you were serious, then you're nothing but a troll. No one with a brain, except maybe Trump, believes in the birther thing anymore.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 04:03:10 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2015, 04:10:24 PM by heatmaster »

Oh really? What about Obama care?  What about tripling the national debt? (Does Fiscal cliff ring a bell?); what about his failed Anti Terrorism policy....Al - Qaeda on the run? The endless apologizing for America, his weakness over Syria, over Ukraine and NATO is in danger of splintering under his watch - Putin will likely move on the Baltic states & the anointed one, will wimp out! His illegal executive orders are unprecedented in living memory and his impotence over the recent racial flare ups in Missouri and New York beggars belief;  so yes you are right about Obama having failed to live up to the promise of 2008, even being America's first black President doesn't have the same cachet it did 7 years ago. The list I'm sure will and can be revised. But Obama is certainly not what he's cracked up to be.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »

I covered that in my first post.

There were also the business accomplishments that led to her being a Fortune 20 CEO.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »

Yeah but the Democrats are so enraptured with there own flawed front runner,  guess they need a comfort blanket by pointing out the imagined flaws or faults of Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio and yes Carly. Anyone of those Republican's would be by far a lot more superior to Hillary any day of the week.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2015, 04:22:57 PM »

Yeah but the Democrats are so enraptured with there own flawed front runner,  guess they need a comfort blanket by pointing out the imagined flaws or faults of Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio and yes Carly. Anyone of those Republican's would be by far a lot more superior to Hillary any day of the week.

What is it with your unhealthy obsession with attacking Hillary Clinton? Honestly, you offer absolutely no insight or valuable analysis on any topic or issue whatsoever, just empty and unfounded anti-Clinton (or Obama) talking points. You're annoying as all hell.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »

Oh really? What about Obama care?  What about tripling the national debt? (Does Fiscal cliff ring a bell?); what about his failed Anti Terrorism policy....Al - Qaeda on the run? The endless apologizing for America, his weakness over Syria, over Ukraine and NATO is in danger of splintering under his watch - Putin will likely move on the Baltic states & the anointed one, will wimp out! His illegal executive orders are unprecedented in living memory and his impotence over the recent racial flare ups in Missouri and New York beggars belief;  so yes you are right about Obama having failed to live up to the promise of 2008, even being America's first black President doesn't have the same cachet it did 7 years ago. The list I'm sure will and can be revised. But Obama is certainly not what he's cracked up to be.

I have a list of revisions I'd make to ObamaCare, but it's not a bad law at all and I'm not in favor of repealing it.

Obama has not tripled the debt. It was about 10 Trillion on Inaugration day 2009, and it's at $18 Trillion now. Sure, it's not a good thing to see it rise $8 Trillion in 6 years, but it does not even represent a doubling of the debt during Obama's tenure.

Furthermore, the debt going up so much was more Bush's fault than Obama's. Granted, Obama put too much focus on wall street when he was implementing his stimulus plan and the recovery has been too sluggish, but it was the truth right from the beginning that Obama would probably see the debt rise by more during his eight years than Bush saw during his, because Obama inherited a $1.3 Trillion deficit and the deepest recession since the great depression, and those things take years to resolve. Now, the fact that we're still in double-digit underemployment after 6+ years of Obama, that's not acceptable, and it's one of the major reasons I disapprove of his tenure. But an ideal stimulus plan would have still likely taken 3-4 years to get underemployment back to single digits, because that's just how deep the recession Obama inherited happened to be.

Apologizing for America is a talking point that has no basis in reality. And aside from maybe a few short missions here and there, we should leave the middle east/ukraine/syria/russia to their own devices. We were never any help in Iraq and Afganhistan, so there's little reason why another 10+ year ordeal in ___________ would actually help anything in the end. The military budget needs massive cuts anyways.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2015, 04:38:47 PM »

This thread has gone completely off the rails. What the hell is everyone talking about!?!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2015, 04:44:26 PM »

This thread has gone completely off the rails. What the hell is everyone talking about!?!

Not Fiorina's qualifications (and for good reason).
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2015, 04:19:20 AM »

But Martin O'Malley didn't take foreign money donations, didn't mess up over Benghazi and certainly isn't so incompetent as to be misusing government e-mails....hey these are great issues in which to hammer Hillary with, be it, if you are a Democrat or a Republican, her brand has been neutralized and so have those Foreign policy credentials; these recent affairs, have reminded people of all the sordid things about the Clinton's...The impeachment, Monica Lewinsky, Whitewater, Fundraising, renting out the Lincoln Bedroom,  Vince Foster....The list goes on and can see the low-rent Obama team are essentially throwing Hillary "under the bus" this gets better all the time,  or worse if you are a pro - Hillary Democrat...I will say I have a smug look written on my face😑
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 07:00:05 PM »

Oh good. Heatmaster's back.

And somewhere a village is missing it's idiot.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies