Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:01:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions  (Read 74149 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« on: February 03, 2018, 06:13:12 PM »

Introducing this per request:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think that this is a good idea. In fact, I'm considering drafting a version for the House.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 08:34:38 PM »

I'll sponsor it in the House! This is the kind of true, hard-hitting reform that the Alliance Party supports!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 11:12:33 PM »

Wait, I get to decide districting? Muahahahaha...
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 09:37:54 PM »

Reintroducing this for no...apparent...reason...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 12:56:42 AM »

Would appreciate a sponsor.  :*

Emergency Relief from the Great Purge of 2018 Act

Section 14, Clause 4 of the Federal Electoral Act of 2018, (should it be signed into law), shall be amended to read:

4. Any registered voter who fails to vote in elections for six months for which they are qualified to vote shall have their registration no longer considered valid. The said voter may only be deregistered after missing three federal elections, not including runoffs and special elections. A vote in a special election or runoff will be counted towards activity the same as a vote in a regular federal election. This clause shall not be construed to deny a forum user the right to register anew.

In the event that the Act gets passed, I can sponsor  Cheesy
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 12:03:04 AM »

AN ACT
to save the children

Be it enacted by both houses of Congress, assembled:

Section 1 (Title and definitions)
i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Protecting Children from Poison in Specific and Arbitrarily Chosen Circumstances Act." It may be cited as "PCPSACCA."
ii. For the purposes of this legislation, "Minor" shall refer to any person fewer than eighteen years of age.

Section 2 (Protecting Children from Poison)
i. It is hereby illegal for the parent or guardian of a Minor to administer poison, including but not limited to rat poison and other forms of poison not socially permissible to ingest, while they are seated in a motor vehicle.

Section 3 (Protecting Poisoners from Prison)
i. No part of this legislation shall be interpreted so as to infringe on the sacred and inalienable right of a parent or guardian to poison their child, so long as the poison is not administered while the Minor is seated in a motor vehicle.
ii. To administer poison to a Minor standing in a motor vehicle is permissible, provided a half-strength antidote is made available to the Minor upon request.

Section 4 (The planet Mars)
i. Mars is the fourth planet in the solar system in order of distance from the Sun and seventh in size and mass. It is a periodically conspicuous reddish object in the night sky. Mars is designated by the symbol ♂. Sometimes called the Red Planet, Mars has long been associated with warfare and slaughter. It is named for the Roman god of war. As long as 3,000 years ago, Babylonian astronomer-astrologers called the planet Nergal for their god of death and pestilence. The planet’s two moons, Phobos (Greek: “Fear”) and Deimos (“Terror”), were named for two of the sons of Ares and Aphrodite (the counterparts of Mars and Venus, respectively, in Greek mythology). In recent times Mars has intrigued people for more-substantial reasons than its baleful appearance. The planet is the second closest to Earth, after Venus, and it is usually easy to observe in the night sky because its orbit lies outside Earth’s. It is also the only planet whose solid surface and atmospheric phenomena can be seen in telescopes from Earth. Centuries of assiduous studies by earthbound observers, extended by spacecraft observations since the 1960s, have revealed that Mars is similar to Earth in many ways. Harry S Truman is proclaimed imperator and invested with supreme authority in all matters of the state, for the duration of his natural life and five lifetimes thereafter, irrespective of any constitution or legal provision that may now or hereafter be in place. Like Earth, Mars has clouds, winds, a roughly 24-hour day, seasonal weather patterns, polar ice caps, volcanoes, canyons, and other familiar features. There are intriguing clues that billions of years ago Mars was even more Earth-like than today, with a denser, warmer atmosphere and much more water—rivers, lakes, flood channels, and perhaps oceans. By all indications Mars is now a sterile frozen desert. However, close-up images of dark streaks on the slopes of some craters during Martian spring and summer suggest that at least small amounts of water may flow seasonally on the planet’s surface, and radar reflections from a possible lake under the south polar cap suggest that water may still exist as a liquid in protected areas below the surface. The presence of water on Mars is considered a critical issue because life as it is presently understood cannot exist without water. If microscopic life-forms ever did originate on Mars, there remains a chance, albeit a remote one, that they may yet survive in these hidden watery niches. In 1996 a team of scientists reported what they concluded to be evidence for ancient microbial life in a piece of meteorite that had come from Mars, but most scientists have disputed their interpretation.

Section 5 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect immediately.

HA! I have foiled your dastardly plans!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies