Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:34:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions  (Read 73584 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 21, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »

Thank you for your submission. I'll be happy to sponsor this bill for you in the Senate. I'll introduce this to the Senate tomorrow.

I believe the first suggestion has been passed in the House (I need to introduce it to the Senate) and I'll be happy to propose a solution to the second one in a bill.
Likewise, I will be interested in sponsoring this in the House.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 04:22:52 PM »

Quote from: The Thanos Act of 2019 (Full Title TBD)
1. Effective immediately upon passage, the registrar general shall randomly select half of the registered voters to be eliminated from the census.
2. The voters which are expelled will be unable to return to the game for sixty (60) days.
Here's hoping the RNG doesn't yeet everyone important.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 04:29:33 PM »

Quote from: Raise Up Amendment
Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution will be amended as follows
1. The several states of this Republic shall be apportioned among three contiguous, autonomous Regions.
2. The northern Region shall consist of the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Indiatna, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, and Vermont.
3. The southern Region shall consist of the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
4. The western Region shall consist of the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Montana, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
5. The Region of Carolina shall consist of the states of Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
56. Each Region shall have the sole authority to designate its title, and the titles of the officers of its government, such as they will be recognized by the Republic of Atlasia in all official acts and processes.
Take your shirt off, twist it around your hand, and spin it like a helicopter.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 10:17:17 PM »

Quote from: Cis Tax Act
All cisgender Atlasians shall be taxed an additional 2 cents a year.
Because that's another 6 million in our pockets without sending anybody to the poorhouse. The House can adjust this tax as they please. Either way, nobody's gonna transition over 2 cents.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 11:02:51 AM »

Quote from: New! Cis Tax Act
1. The annual tax form will include a question, asking if the tax-filer is cisgender, with an explanation as to what cisgender means.
2. If the cisgender box is selected, an additional .01% of their income will be taxed.
3. The funds accumulated from this additional tax--the "cis tax", if you will--will go into providing hormone replacement therapy for non-cisgender Atlasians.

Basically the same thing as my old cis tax but with a little more oomph and purpose. I look forward to when it gets voted down by an all-cis jury.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 11:47:55 AM »

HOUSE RESOLUTION
In the Matter of Peebs

Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 6, Clause XV of the Atlasian Constitution, Secretary of Federal Elections and Registrar General Peebs, be, and she hereby is, impeached for her high crimes (insert high crimes I may have committed here), and the Offices she holds are declared to be vacant.
A soul for a soul.
based on: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/620/text
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 12:34:18 PM »

Quote from: New! Cis Tax Act
1. The annual tax form will include a question, asking if the tax-filer is cisgender, with an explanation as to what cisgender means.
2. If the cisgender box is selected, an additional .01% of their income will be taxed.
3. The funds accumulated from this additional tax--the "cis tax", if you will--will go into providing hormone replacement therapy for non-cisgender Atlasians.

Basically the same thing as my old cis tax but with a little more oomph and purpose. I look forward to when it gets voted down by an all-cis jury.
Since the Senate chickened out, I'm now offering this to the Southern government.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 08:38:46 AM »

AN AMENDMENT
to the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives, in Congress assembled:
Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be, the “Atlasia Says Cis Wrongs Amendment.” It may be cited by its ordinal number in order of ratification.

Section 2 (Atlasia Says Cis Wrongs Amendment)
i. The following shall be appended to Article I of the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia as the next section thereof:
All persons born or naturalized in the Republic of Atlasia, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the Republic of Atlasia and of the Region in which they reside, and shall in all cases be afforded equal protection under the law, unless they are cisgender.

If not one, but two all-cis juries won't take up the cis tax because it's "unconstitutional" and "discriminatory"... When this gets voted down by the People™, I'll accept my fate.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 06:42:01 PM »

HOUSE RESOLUTION
In the Matter of Peebs

Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 6, Clause XV of the Atlasian Constitution, Secretary of Federal Elections and Registrar General Peebs, be, and she hereby is, impeached for her high crimes (insert high crimes I may have committed here), and the Offices she holds are declared to be vacant.
A soul for a soul.
based on: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/620/text
I bet this doesn't seem so stupid now, huh?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2020, 06:43:57 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2020, 10:57:05 PM by Trans Rights Are Human Rights »

HOUSE RESOLUTION
In the Matter of Speaker Thumb

Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 4, Clause I of the Atlasian Constitution, Representative Thumb21, be, and he hereby is, expelled from the House of Representatives and the Office of the Speaker is declared to be vacant.
Thumb is a coward for not passing the Thanos act. In this essay I will
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 10:53:49 PM »

Quote from: Battle Royale Act
1. Section 3 of the Census Act of 2019 shall be amended as follows:

2. To register, a poster must post in this thread indicating the state in which they wish to register and their party affiliation of choice.

3. To change their registration, a poster must indicate which state and/or political party they wish to change to.

4. In the event of a misspelling or a poster referring to their party or state of choice in an indirect manner, if the intent of the registration is clear, the Census Administrator shall act accordingly.

5. The Census Administrator will randomly generate the states in which voters will be registered once every six months. Regional officeholders will not be exempt to this rule, but they will be allowed to stay within the region upon request.

2. Registration randomization takes effect one week after passage of this act. From then on, randomization takes effect every July 1 and January 1.

Where we droppin', boys?

Quote from: Thanos Act
1. Section 2 of the Census Act of 2019 shall be amended as follows:

5. Following a federal election, the Census Administrator shall, with all appropriate haste, post an update in which they clearly indicate the voters who have been automatically deregistered according to the provisions of this act, as well as update the census document to reflect these deregistrations.

6. The Census Administrator will randomly remove half of all registered voters once every six months. Removed voters will be ineligible to return to the game for sixty (60) days or one-thousand four-hundred forty (1440) hours. Officeholders will not be exempt to this rule.

2. Half the populace will be removed from the game effective one week after passage of this act. From then on, removal takes effect every April 1 and October 1, with the exception of, should the bill pass before then, April 1, 2021.

Destiny arrives all the same.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 06:20:32 PM »

Quote from: The Sixth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia
1. The Republic of Atlasia is abolished, and hereby replaced with the Queendom of Atlasia.
2. The first queen of Atlasia will be Peebs, and she shall henceforth pass down the monarchy as needed.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 08:22:06 PM »

Quote from: The Sixth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia
1. The Republic of Atlasia is abolished, and hereby replaced with the Queendom of Atlasia.
2. The first queen of Atlasia will be Peebs, and she shall henceforth pass down the monarchy as needed.

Blocking...
That's fair.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2021, 01:36:42 PM »

Quote from: Amendment to the Party Organization Act of 2018
Sections 1a and 1b of the aforementioned Act shall be amended as follows:

a. A party of under six (6) shall be a 'minor party'.

b. A party of at least six (6) members shall be a 'recognised party'.
Even I have a better chance at passing than this does, but this is what I was talking about in the Peace thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies