Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:01:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions  (Read 74110 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: July 16, 2015, 08:46:33 PM »

Do we have any laws regarding fireworks???

I'd think this would certainly be a regional matter.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 10:14:18 AM »

Any citizen can propose legislation here, eh? I presume that includes amendments?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

This is an idea I've had for a couple weeks now, and just decided that now is as good a time as any to try it. Can't hurt, right?

The point: the President, as it stands, can pardon almost anyone they want. This is too much unchecked power in the hands of one person. Senators can feel free to change the number if they want, but it shouldn't be too low or a coalition of like-minded parties could overturn pardons for political reasons.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 06:34:10 PM »

I certainly agree with Truman regarding the common market agreement with the UK.

Also, for clarification, is this thread still valid? Wasn't it created by legislation that was wiped in the reset, and would therefore be merely a "suggestion box" of sorts until new legislation is created governing this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the case.

Of course, this would not keep people from writing legislation and having someone with authority to do so sponsor it on their behalf, but unless I've got something wrong (entirely possible) legislation proposed here shouldn't be introduced in Congress.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies