Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:56:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions  (Read 73850 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2019, 12:34:18 PM »

Quote from: New! Cis Tax Act
1. The annual tax form will include a question, asking if the tax-filer is cisgender, with an explanation as to what cisgender means.
2. If the cisgender box is selected, an additional .01% of their income will be taxed.
3. The funds accumulated from this additional tax--the "cis tax", if you will--will go into providing hormone replacement therapy for non-cisgender Atlasians.

Basically the same thing as my old cis tax but with a little more oomph and purpose. I look forward to when it gets voted down by an all-cis jury.
Since the Senate chickened out, I'm now offering this to the Southern government.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2019, 05:37:22 PM »

AN AMENDMENT
to the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives, in Congress assembled:
Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be, the “Labor Rights Amendment.” It may be cited by its ordinal number in order of ratification.

Section 2 (Labor Rights Amendment)
i. The following shall be appended to Article I of the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia as the next section thereof:
A full-enfranchised proletariat being necessary for the prosperity of a free people, the right of the working people to organize and bargain collectively shall not be infringed.

This amendment to the Bill of Rights would protect the right of wage-earners to unionize free from the subversive influence of employers or the state.

AN AMENDMENT

Be it enacted by the Senate and the House of Representatives, in Congress assembled:
Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be, the “Right to Life Amendment.” It may be cited by its ordinal number in order of ratification.

Section 2 (Right to Live Amendment)
i. The following shall be appended to Article I of the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia as the next section thereof:
The right of citizens of the Republic of Atlasia to health care, including but not limited to care necessary to prevent and treat illness, shall not be denied.

This amendment to the Bill of Rights would establish the right of all Atlasians to health care, including care necessary to prevent and treat illness.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2019, 08:38:46 AM »

AN AMENDMENT

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be, the “Atlasia Says Cis Wrongs Amendment.” It may be cited by its ordinal number in order of ratification.

Section 2 (Atlasia Says Cis Wrongs Amendment)
All persons born or naturalized in the Republic of Atlasia, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the Republic of Atlasia and of the Region in which they reside, and shall in all cases be afforded equal protection under the law, unless they are cisgender.

If not one, but two all-cis juries won't take up the cis tax because it's "unconstitutional" and "discriminatory"... When this gets voted down by the People™, I'll accept my fate.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2019, 07:46:24 PM »

AN ACT
to amend the presidential line of succession

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Presidential Succession Act of 2020."

Section 2 (Succession)
i. If, by reason of death, resignation, or removal from office, there is neither a president nor a vice president to discharge the powers and duties of the office of president, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, upon their resignation as speaker and as representatives, shall become president.
ii. If, by reason of death, resignation, or removal from office, there is neither a president nor a vice president to discharge the powers and duties of the office of president, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives being either ineligible or unelected, the president pro-tempore of the Senate, upon their resignation as president pro-tempore and as senator, shall become president.
iii. If, by reason of death, resignation, or removal from office, there is neither a president nor a vice president to discharge the powers and duties of the office of president, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the president pro-tempore of the Senate being either ineligible or unelected, the officer of the Republic of Atlasia highest on the following list not themselves ineligible shall become president: the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, the Secretary of Federal Elections, the Registrar General.
iv. If, by reason of death, resignation, or removal from office, there is neither a president nor a vice president to discharge the powers and duties of the office of president, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the president pro-tempore of the Senate being either ineligible or unelected, and the officers of the Republic of Atlasia being similarly ineligible and unappointed, the most senior senator by period of continuous service not ineligible shall become president.
v. If, by reason of death, resignation, or removal from office, there is neither a president nor a vice president to discharge the powers and duties of the office of president, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the president pro-tempore of the Senate being either ineligible or unelected, the officers of the Republic of Atlasia being similarly ineligible and unappointed, and there being no senator eligible to assume the presidency, the most senior member of the House of Representatives by continuous service not ineligible shall become president.
vi. If, by reason of death, resignation, or removal from office, there is neither a president nor a vice president to discharge the powers and duties of the office of president, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the president pro-tempore of the Senate being either ineligible or unelected, the officers of the Republic of Atlasia being similarly ineligible and unappointed, and there being no member of the Senate or the House of Representatives eligible to assume the presidency, the chief justice of the Supreme Court shall become president.
vii. If, by reason of death, resignation, or removal from office, there is neither a president nor a vice president to discharge the powers and duties of the office of president, the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the president pro-tempore of the Senate being either ineligible or unelected, the officers of the Republic of Atlasia and the chief Justice of the Supreme Court being similarly ineligible and unappointed, and there being no member of the Senate or the House of Representatives eligible to assume the presidency, the most senior justice or associate justice of the Supreme Court by continuous service not ineligible shall become president.
viii. If, by reason of death, resignation, or removal from office, there is neither a president nor a vice president to discharge the powers and duties of the office of president, and there is no person eligible to assume the presidency among those hitherto designated, the chief executives of the several regions shall organize emergency elections for president and vice president as soon as they shall judge expedient, and in the meantime shall elect one of their number as interim president.

Section 3 (Interim president)
i. If, at the hour appointed for the inauguration of the president and vice president, there is neither a president-elect nor a vice president-elect yet eligible to assume the presidency, then the powers and duties of that office shall temporarily devolve upon an interim president until such time as there shall be either an eligible president-elect or a vice president-elect.
ii. Succession to the interim presidency shall follow the order established by §2 of this Act.

Section 4 (Right of refusal)
i. Any designated to succeed to the presidency or interim presidency under the provisions of this of this Act shall reserve the right issue a written and public refusal to succession, in which event the duty will pass on to the next in line.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #179 on: December 25, 2019, 06:54:06 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2019, 07:09:58 PM by tack50 »

This is the only government reform Lincoln needs, not repealing the Philly Plan:

AN AMENDMENT
to the Constitution of the Region of Lincoln

Be it enacted by the Lincoln Council:
Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be, the “Peanut Governor for Life Amendment.” It may be cited by its ordinal number in order of ratification.

Section 2 (Peanut Governor for life Amendment)
1. Peanut is hereby declared Governor for life of the Lincoln region. He can be removed from power only if he resigns from the position or he is absent for over 10 days without a public announcement of absence before hand. Once he resigns or is removed on the absence clause, he may not resume power in this fashion unless declared otherwise in a proposition in the future. Upon his removal from power, elecitons will resume for the position of Lincoln governor. This rule does not apply to the chancellor.

2. The position of Governorship of Lincoln shall be redesignated to the Peanutship, with its holder being renamed "Peanut [name of officeholder]" instead of Governor [name of officeholder]
Also I will note there is precedent of a regional dictator, and said precedent is actually a sitting Supreme Court Judge Tongue

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Ilikeverin_Governor_for_Life_Proposition

Of course apparently even in 2006 this was illegal, to the detriment of MidWesterners then and Lincolnites now!: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=50723.0

But I am sure we can eventually work something out.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2020, 02:03:45 PM »

AN AMENDMENT
to the Constitution of The South

Be it enacted by the Chamber of Delegates:
1. The Modifications to Article II: Bill of Rights, enacted in August 2019, are hereby repealed in their entirety and the regional constitution is restored to its previous state.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2020, 06:42:01 PM »

HOUSE RESOLUTION
In the Matter of Peebs

Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 6, Clause XV of the Atlasian Constitution, Secretary of Federal Elections and Registrar General Peebs, be, and she hereby is, impeached for her high crimes (insert high crimes I may have committed here), and the Offices she holds are declared to be vacant.
A soul for a soul.
based on: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/620/text
I bet this doesn't seem so stupid now, huh?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2020, 03:33:52 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2020, 03:41:56 PM by Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln) »

AN AMENDMENT

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be, the “Southern Agression Punishment Amendment.” It may be cited by its ordinal number in order of ratification.

Section 2 (Southern Agression Punishment Amendment)
i. The State of Kansas is hereby transferred from the jurisdiction of the Southern Region to the Commonwealth of Fremont
ii. The federally recognized flag of the South, as established by President Griffin via executive order, shall be the only flag flown at Southern government buildings and the flag used for Wiki purposes. Executive order GRIFF-003 shall be given constitutional status.
iii. The Southern Region is hereby placed under military occupation from the Atlasian military. HS Truman shall be declared Southern Administrator and have all powers relative to government.
iv. The Southern Governorship and the Southern Chamber of Delegates are hereby dismantled. The regional government of the Southern Region shall be ran by a comitee made up of the Labor Party politburo (or its successor party equivalents) or such people as said Politburo may appoint
v. The Southern Regional Senators are hereby dismissed. MB298 is appointed Class I Senator for the South for eternity. NC Yankee is appointed Class II Senator for the South, until the end of his PPT-ship or until the Labor Party has 3 seats or less in the Senate, in which case he shall be immediately dismissed and the seat declared vacant.
vi. Vacancies in the Senate shall be resolved by an appointment made by the Labor Party chair.
vii. The vote of the Southern Region in any referendum on a constitutional amendment; or for the purposes of electing its regional Senators shall be decided by a vote from the registered members of the Labor party in the Southern Region

This amendment will punish the South for electing LT by removing its various privileges
LT's election to the Senate is clearly an act of Southern Agression that must be punished severely. This amendment will correct several wrongdoings that have unfairly benefited the South over Atlasian history. Also, this is clearly not a dictatorship, anyone can join the Liebor Party. Plus we still allow Yankee to retain his seat Tongue
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2020, 04:18:53 PM »

If that passes, "the South will rise again", LOL. 
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2020, 06:43:57 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2020, 10:57:05 PM by Trans Rights Are Human Rights »

HOUSE RESOLUTION
In the Matter of Speaker Thumb

Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 4, Clause I of the Atlasian Constitution, Representative Thumb21, be, and he hereby is, expelled from the House of Representatives and the Office of the Speaker is declared to be vacant.
Thumb is a coward for not passing the Thanos act. In this essay I will
based on: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/620/text
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2020, 12:06:39 PM »

A BILL
protecting the right to produce music that is inspired by other works

SECTION 1. TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the "Inspiration Is Not Theft Act of 2020"

SECTION 2. FINDINGS.

A. In 2013, defendants Mr. Pharrell Williams, Mr. Robin Thicke, and Mr. Clifford Harris, Jr., were served with a lawsuit from plaintiffs representing the estate of Marvin Gaye, Jr. (Mr. Frankie Christian Gaye, Mr. Marvin Gaye III, and Ms. Nona Marvisa Gaye, respectively). 

B. The defendants, which may be referred to as the "Thicke Group", are songwriters and musicians by trade.

C. The matter at issue in this case involves copyright infringement; specifically, does the musical composition "Blurred Lines" (as written by Williams, Thicke, and Harris) copy the essential elements in the Gaye composition "Got To Give It Up" (as written by Mr. Marvin Gaye, Jr.) (thus entitling the plaintiffs to financial relief)?

D. Although the two songs share a similar style, the underlying melodies and harmonies are not sufficiently similar to one another. 

E. A district court entered judgment for the plaintiffs; on appeal, this was affirmed by the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. 

F. As decided by the Ninth Circuit, the ruling in this case effectively declares that works imitating, but not specifically copying, other works may be regarded as copyright infringements. 

G. This decision has had, and will continue to have, a "chilling effect" on the capability of songwriters to produce works evoking other eras or styles. 

H. As a matter of routine, many musical acts and works imitate the style of other musical acts and works. 

SECTION 3. PROTECTION OF CERTAIN RIGHTS.

A. It shall not be a violation of copyright law to:

1. Imitate, or borrow from, the style of another artist or composition. 

2. Produce a work parodying another's compositions or style. 

3. Employ, or assist in employing, any person who created, or assisted in the creation of, another act or work. 

SECTION 4. ACT NOT TO BE MISCONSTRUED.

This Act shall not be so construed as to prohibit certain individuals or groups the right to seek credit, and/or financial compensation for, the direct copying of specific works (in the music industry, this act is known as "sampling")

SECTION 5. WHEN EFFECTIVE.

This Act will become effective when signed by the president. 
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2020, 08:27:47 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2020, 09:06:05 PM by Senator tack50 (Lab-Lincoln) »

CONGRESSIONAL RESOLUTION
In the Matter of the Supreme Court of Atlasia

1. Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 6, Clause XV of the Atlasian Constitution, Supreme Court Chief Justice Windjammer, be, and he hereby is, impeached for his high crimes and gross negligence, and the Offices he holds are declared to be vacant.

2. Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 6, Clause XV of the Atlasian Constitution, Southern Associate Justice PiT, be, and he hereby is, impeached for his high crimes and gross negligence, and the Offices he holds are declared to be vacant.

3. Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 6, Clause XV of the Atlasian Constitution, Fremont Associate Justice Ilikeverin, be, and he hereby is, impeached for his high crimes and gross negligence, and the Offices he holds are declared to be vacant.

4. Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 6, Clause XV of the Atlasian Constitution, Lincoln Associate Justice Bacon King, be, and he hereby is, impeached for his high crimes and gross negligence, and the Offices he holds are declared to be vacant.

5. Resolved, That pursuant to Article III, Section 6, Clause XV of the Atlasian Constitution, Justice Gass3268, be, and he hereby is, impeached for his high crimes and gross negligence, and the Offices he holds are declared to be vacant.

Given one month since the end of oral arguments has passed, I will start sharpening the blades Tongue

(This is more than in the 2013 debacle in fact, though Windjammer has kept us updated unlike the Justices from 2013)

Credit goes to Peebs for bringing that RL resolution here and to Ralph Abraham for actually proposing it irl

PSA for thumb and Yankee: This is not serious and do not treat it as citizen legislation (if I was serious I would actually introduce it myself for real)
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2020, 09:02:28 AM »

Covering For Our Citizens Act
Section 1: Title

1. This legislation may be cited as/referred to as Covering For Our Citizens Act, or CFOC as a shorthand.

Section 2: Providing Security to the Homeless
1. The federal government shall ensure fair housing and living to the homeless through the establishment of a Department of Landless People (D.P.L.)
a.The budget for the department shall be 0.6% of the federal budget for the previous fiscal year

b. The goal of the department is to ensure that the needs of the homeless are covered

I. 30% of the allocated funds shall be designated for the nutritional needs of the homeless

II. 40% of the allocated funds shall be designated for the housing needs of the homeless

III. 40% of these allocated funds shall go towards the creation of public homeless shelters (40%)

IV. 60% of these allocated funds shall go towards sanitation and inspection control (60%)

V. 20% of the allocated funds shall be designated for job and vocational training programs VI. 10% of the allocated funds shall be directed to subsiding the medical needs of the participants

Section 3: Better Conditions for Undocumented Workers

1. The application and enforcement of work security standards for undocumented workers to ensure that the same work standards apply all across, and to prevent them from being a source of infection.
a. Additionaly undocumented workers will be given the same rights to compensation and benefit rights that non-undocumented workers have, in accordance with the fact that many of them pay into state and local taxes in an amount not ignorable by the government.

b. Any testing of COVID-19 infection shall remain anonymous to ensure that no deportation takes place.

Section 4: Penalties for Employers
1. If an employer has been proven to have not provided it’s workers with the necessary PPE equipment when they have ability to purchase such equipment, said employer shall be penalized $1,000 dollars for the violation for every 3 employees endangered by the lack of supplies.

Section 5: Equal Stimulus Check Program
Section II of the SB 23:06 COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Act shall be changed to

1. Beginning April 1, 2020 and ending on August 1, 2020, every Atlasian who has lived in the nation for more than one year and is of of 18 years of age or older, regardless of income or employment status, shall receive $2,000 on the first day of each month and $1,000 for each dependent.

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2020, 12:39:39 PM »

Covering For Our Citizens Act
Section 1: Title

1. This legislation may be cited as/referred to as Covering For Our Citizens Act, or CFOC as a shorthand.

Section 2: Providing Security to the Homeless
1. The federal government shall ensure fair housing and living to the homeless through the establishment of a Department of Landless People (D.P.L.)
a.The budget for the department shall be 0.6% of the federal budget for the previous fiscal year

b. The goal of the department is to ensure that the needs of the homeless are covered

I. 30% of the allocated funds shall be designated for the nutritional needs of the homeless

II. 40% of the allocated funds shall be designated for the housing needs of the homeless

III. 40% of these allocated funds shall go towards the creation of public homeless shelters (40%)

IV. 60% of these allocated funds shall go towards sanitation and inspection control (60%)

V. 20% of the allocated funds shall be designated for job and vocational training programs VI. 10% of the allocated funds shall be directed to subsiding the medical needs of the participants

Section 3: Better Conditions for Undocumented Workers

1. The application and enforcement of work security standards for undocumented workers to ensure that the same work standards apply all across, and to prevent them from being a source of infection.
a. Additionaly undocumented workers will be given the same rights to compensation and benefit rights that non-undocumented workers have, in accordance with the fact that many of them pay into state and local taxes in an amount not ignorable by the government.

b. Any testing of COVID-19 infection shall remain anonymous to ensure that no deportation takes place.

Section 4: Penalties for Employers
1. If an employer has been proven to have not provided it’s workers with the necessary PPE equipment when they have ability to purchase such equipment, said employer shall be penalized $1,000 dollars for the violation for every 3 employees endangered by the lack of supplies.

Section 5: Equal Stimulus Check Program
Section II of the SB 23:06 COVID-19 Economic Stimulus Act shall be changed to

1. Beginning April 1, 2020 and ending on August 1, 2020, every Atlasian who has lived in the nation for more than one year and is of of 18 years of age or older, regardless of income or employment status, shall receive $2,000 on the first day of each month and $1,000 for each dependent.

You are a sitting representative, why didn't you introduce this directly into the House instead of here as citizen legislation?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2020, 05:03:03 PM »

Section 2 adds up to 190%.
Section 4 uses it's instead of its.
posted here when you're a sitting representative.

Yeah this is real good evidence that the ACLO is a strong, intelligent organization....
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2020, 06:47:14 PM »

Section 2 adds up to 190%.
Section 4 uses it's instead of its.
posted here when you're a sitting representative.

Yeah this is real good evidence that the ACLO is a strong, intelligent organization....

My favorite part of this is that it's called the 'covering for our citizens act' when Section 3 and 5 are both included solely to provide protection for illegal immigrants.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2020, 07:36:08 PM »

To be fair given that Elcaspar, much like myself, is not a native English speaker I would not criticise him for language issues.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2020, 12:30:09 AM »

I can confirm that there are areas that as bagel23 and Elcasparwere creating this, personal issues and a constrained timeframe prevented the bill from having an up-to-code draft totally ready. Still, other then the odd %, this matches up to our demands. I expect the federal government to make it stylistically and structurally work in its revisions to end both the strike and provide for the people of Atlasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2020, 01:52:31 AM »

So, let's review.

(1) The ACLO leadership decide the administration is not doing enough to support workers during the COVID-19 pandemic and announce they will go on strike until their demands are met.
(2) The leadership wait weeks without telling anyone what their demands are.
(3) After debate, a majority of voting members of the ACLO speak out against the strike but are prevented from changing their votes.
(4) An entire month later, the ACLO leadership finally release a mangled first draft of relief legislation and demand the administration rewrite it for them because they were too busy to do a good job themselves.

What an interesting strategy!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2020, 01:00:39 PM »

So, let's review.

(1) The ACLO leadership decide the administration is not doing enough to support workers during the COVID-19 pandemic and announce they will go on strike until their demands are met.
(2) The leadership wait weeks without telling anyone what their demands are.
(3) After debate, a majority of voting members of the ACLO speak out against the strike but are prevented from changing their votes.
(4) An entire month later, the ACLO leadership finally release a mangled first draft of relief legislation and demand the administration rewrite it for them because they were too busy to do a good job themselves.

What an interesting strategy!
1. We weren’t striking for weeks, lmao, the tie wasn’t broken until like two weeks ago
2. While the union took a while to release official demands, due to its co chairs living in different time zones and having things to do that impeded work, I still listed unofficial demands of why I started the petition here and there
3. Then maybe y’all should follow voting procedure or, maybe, y’know have taken us seriously and voted and cooperated with us before the official strike. Before I left laborcord, I sent a couple of public messages urging y’all to work with Elcaspar
4. We shouldn’t have even done the work for the federal government, but we did, and it’s the job of the federal government and the union to see it appropriately revised and turned in.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »

You issued your call for a national strike on April 7. This bill was released on May 8 —a full thirty-one days later. Meanwhile, key sectors of the economy are at a standstill because ... you couldn't figure out time zones? There are several foreign nationals in the administration, but this didn't stop the president from issuing a response to the strike in a timely manner. There are several foreign nationals who are members of Congress, but it doesn't take them thirty-one days to follow up on their own ideas. I have written many bills over the years in collaboration with posters who live as far away as the UK, France, and Australia —it does not take thirty-one days to produce such a shoddy product as this unless the people involved just aren't interested in the project and can't be bothered to follow through. Which is fine ... except, in the meantime, you decided to shut the economy down and leave everyone hanging while you avoided questions from myself and others.

It is simply irresponsible to call for a strike when you aren't prepared to negotiate with the opposite party and don't even have a clear idea of what your objectives are. What is this strike suppose to accomplish, PSOL? As far as I can tell you decided that something ought to be done, but had no idea what, so you decided to lay down in the mud and abdicate all responsibility for leadership in this time of crisis. Why should anyone take the ACLO seriously when they don't even take themselves seriously?

We shouldn’t have even done the work for the federal government, but we did, and it’s the job of the federal government and the union to see it appropriately revised and turned in.
Yeah, when you're proclaiming your movement to be the voice of organized labor, it is your job. It's definitely Elcaspar's job, because he is a member of Congress. Just as it would be irresponsible for a president to lead the country into war without a clear exit strategy, it is irresponsible for you to lead your members out on strike unless you're willing to go the distance and engage with the system. If you're not willing to do that, then step aside and let labor and the government get back to work.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »

You issued your call for a national strike on April 7. This bill was released on May 8 —a full thirty-one days later. Meanwhile, key sectors of the economy are at a standstill because ... you couldn't figure out time zones? There are several foreign nationals in the administration, but this didn't stop the president from issuing a response to the strike in a timely manner. There are several foreign nationals who are members of Congress, but it doesn't take them thirty-one days to follow up on their own ideas. I have written many bills over the years in collaboration with posters who live as far away as the UK, France, and Australia —it does not take thirty-one days to produce such a shoddy product as this unless the people involved just aren't interested in the project and can't be bothered to follow through. Which is fine ... except, in the meantime, you decided to shut the economy down and leave everyone hanging while you avoided questions from myself and others.

It is simply irresponsible to call for a strike when you aren't prepared to negotiate with the opposite party and don't even have a clear idea of what your objectives are. What is this strike suppose to accomplish, PSOL? As far as I can tell you decided that something ought to be done, but had no idea what, so you decided to lay down in the mud and abdicate all responsibility for leadership in this time of crisis. Why should anyone take the ACLO seriously when they don't even take themselves seriously?

We shouldn’t have even done the work for the federal government, but we did, and it’s the job of the federal government and the union to see it appropriately revised and turned in.
Yeah, when you're proclaiming your movement to be the voice of organized labor, it is your job. It's definitely Elcaspar's job, because he is a member of Congress. Just as it would be irresponsible for a president to lead the country into war without a clear exit strategy, it is irresponsible for you to lead your members out on strike unless you're willing to go the distance and engage with the system. If you're not willing to do that, then step aside and let labor and the government get back to work.
And guess what, the strike didn’t happen until May 1st, under the breaking of the tie by Bagel23.

We have the bill in Congress, and from the looks of it the strike is going to end or be muted, it’s in the governments hands as the union acts as a tenuous observer. Nothing more at this point, nothing less.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2020, 02:53:12 PM »

And guess what, the strike didn’t happen until May 1st, under the breaking of the tie by Bagel23.

So you didn't start writing demands for three weeks after you called for a massive, nationwide general strike? And then it took you another full week to finish a rough draft? Is this seriously supposed to be a defense?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2020, 05:49:46 PM »

Before I left laborcord, I sent a couple of public messages urging y’all to work with Elcaspar
I've been working with Elcaspar in congress for 6 months, I'm not sure what you mean by this. I get on well with Elcaspar and am happy to work with him on anything but it certainly does annoy me when members of congress who have done very little about the pandemic themselves start supporting national strikes based on the idea that we haven't done enough.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2020, 02:24:18 AM »

Amendment to Article 3, Section 3 of the Constitution:

The House of Representatives shall consist of nine members chosen at-large by the eligible voters of the Republic according to a method of proportional representation prescribed by the Federal Legislature. The # of members shall be 7 if there are 9 or fewer on ballot candidates running, 9 if there are 10-13 on ballot candidates running, and 11 if there are 14 or more on ballot candidates. Representatives shall serve a term of two months, and shall be elected in the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies