Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:51:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions  (Read 72902 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2018, 06:43:04 PM »
« edited: December 03, 2018, 06:47:11 PM by AustralianSwingVoter »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

Why of course I was serious.
Also, can I please ask that someone, anyone, sponsor this legislation for congress, be they a member of congress or just a citizen, given that I'm not registered.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2018, 06:59:53 PM »

Also, can I please ask that someone, anyone, sponsor this legislation for congress, be they a member of congress or just a citizen, given that I'm not registered.
[/quote]
Seeing you obviously want to still be part of Atlasia why don't you just rejoin or actually log out and stay logged out for a month or forever long you want to be gone for. None of this lukewarm I'm kind of part of Atlasia but not really part of it.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2018, 07:15:14 PM »

Seeing you obviously want to still be part of Atlasia why don't you just rejoin or actually log out and stay logged out for a month or forever long you want to be gone for. None of this lukewarm I'm kind of part of Atlasia but not really part of it.
[/quote]

You know, in this case you're right.
I'll lock myself out for good once someone sponsors this bill for me. Then all the loose ends will be tied up. So can someone please sponsor this bill on my behalf as a citizens bill for Federal Congress.
President Phil Scott
marco.rem451

« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2018, 07:17:42 PM »

I'll lock myself out for good once someone sponsors this bill for me. Then all the loose ends will be tied up. So can someone please sponsor this bill on my behalf as a citizens bill for Federal Congress.
[/quote]

Sponsored for it, here-this then you go too (lol)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2018, 07:19:32 PM »

Sponsored for it, here-this then you go too (lol)
[/quote]

Yeah.... Ummmm, I guess. Though maybe someone who isn't quite as...... sock-puppetty could sponsor this.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2018, 07:27:49 PM »

[/quote]
I sponsor this legislation.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2018, 09:52:29 AM »

[/quote] I would like for this time be introduced into the parliament of Fremont.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2019, 09:58:39 PM »

I would like this to be sent to Fremont's parliament. We need to choose while we still can.

Post it directly in the 9th Parliament thread.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2019, 05:54:19 PM »

For Southern Chamber

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2019, 02:54:44 AM »

For People's House

[/quote]
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2019, 02:58:59 AM »

For People's House

[/quote]
I'll sponsor this.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2019, 09:29:43 AM »

I would like for this to be introduced into the Council of Lincoln:
Civil Forfeiture Reform Act

To protect the assets of innocents.
I. Short Title
1. This bill may be referred to as the "Civil Forfeiture Reform Act".
II. Action
1. No citizen of Lincoln may have their assets seized by law enforcement without being convicted of a crime by jury or guilty plea.
   a. Assets which are illegal to own may be seized without conviction.
   b. Stolen property may be seized and returned without conviction, as long as said property is proven to be stolen.
2. All seized assets must be reported to the Department of Justice with the cause for seizure.
3. The Department of Justice shall establish an online database of asset seizures.
4. The Department of Justice shall establish a Property Seizure Hotline for reports of abuse.
III. Timing
1. This act shall take effect immediately upon passage.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2019, 10:26:11 PM »

Feel free to suggest legislation for the Southern Chamber; we don't have a ton right now. We do have a civilian slot that does not require a chamber sponsor, and we can also sponsor your bills as needed.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2019, 10:30:50 PM »

Feel free to suggest legislation for the Southern Chamber; we don't have a ton right now. We do have a civilian slot that does not require a chamber sponsor, and we can also sponsor your bills as needed.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2019, 11:49:59 PM »

AN ACT
to save the children

Be it enacted by both houses of Congress, assembled:

Section 1 (Title and definitions)
i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Protecting Children from Poison in Specific and Arbitrarily Chosen Circumstances Act." It may be cited as "PCPSACCA."
ii. For the purposes of this legislation, "Minor" shall refer to any person fewer than eighteen years of age.

Section 2 (Protecting Children from Poison)
i. It is hereby illegal for the parent or guardian of a Minor to administer poison, including but not limited to rat poison and other forms of poison not socially permissible to ingest, while they are seated in a motor vehicle.

Section 3 (Protecting Poisoners from Prison)
i. No part of this legislation shall be interpreted so as to infringe on the sacred and inalienable right of a parent or guardian to poison their child, so long as the poison is not administered while the Minor is seated in a motor vehicle.
ii. To administer poison to a Minor standing in a motor vehicle is permissible, provided a half-strength antidote is made available to the Minor upon request.

Section 4 (The planet Mars)
i. Mars is the fourth planet in the solar system in order of distance from the Sun and seventh in size and mass. It is a periodically conspicuous reddish object in the night sky. Mars is designated by the symbol ♂. Sometimes called the Red Planet, Mars has long been associated with warfare and slaughter. It is named for the Roman god of war. As long as 3,000 years ago, Babylonian astronomer-astrologers called the planet Nergal for their god of death and pestilence. The planet’s two moons, Phobos (Greek: “Fear”) and Deimos (“Terror”), were named for two of the sons of Ares and Aphrodite (the counterparts of Mars and Venus, respectively, in Greek mythology). In recent times Mars has intrigued people for more-substantial reasons than its baleful appearance. The planet is the second closest to Earth, after Venus, and it is usually easy to observe in the night sky because its orbit lies outside Earth’s. It is also the only planet whose solid surface and atmospheric phenomena can be seen in telescopes from Earth. Centuries of assiduous studies by earthbound observers, extended by spacecraft observations since the 1960s, have revealed that Mars is similar to Earth in many ways. Harry S Truman is proclaimed imperator and invested with supreme authority in all matters of the state, for the duration of his natural life and five lifetimes thereafter, irrespective of any constitution or legal provision that may now or hereafter be in place. Like Earth, Mars has clouds, winds, a roughly 24-hour day, seasonal weather patterns, polar ice caps, volcanoes, canyons, and other familiar features. There are intriguing clues that billions of years ago Mars was even more Earth-like than today, with a denser, warmer atmosphere and much more water—rivers, lakes, flood channels, and perhaps oceans. By all indications Mars is now a sterile frozen desert. However, close-up images of dark streaks on the slopes of some craters during Martian spring and summer suggest that at least small amounts of water may flow seasonally on the planet’s surface, and radar reflections from a possible lake under the south polar cap suggest that water may still exist as a liquid in protected areas below the surface. The presence of water on Mars is considered a critical issue because life as it is presently understood cannot exist without water. If microscopic life-forms ever did originate on Mars, there remains a chance, albeit a remote one, that they may yet survive in these hidden watery niches. In 1996 a team of scientists reported what they concluded to be evidence for ancient microbial life in a piece of meteorite that had come from Mars, but most scientists have disputed their interpretation.

Section 5 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect immediately.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2019, 12:03:04 AM »

AN ACT
to save the children

Be it enacted by both houses of Congress, assembled:

Section 1 (Title and definitions)
i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Protecting Children from Poison in Specific and Arbitrarily Chosen Circumstances Act." It may be cited as "PCPSACCA."
ii. For the purposes of this legislation, "Minor" shall refer to any person fewer than eighteen years of age.

Section 2 (Protecting Children from Poison)
i. It is hereby illegal for the parent or guardian of a Minor to administer poison, including but not limited to rat poison and other forms of poison not socially permissible to ingest, while they are seated in a motor vehicle.

Section 3 (Protecting Poisoners from Prison)
i. No part of this legislation shall be interpreted so as to infringe on the sacred and inalienable right of a parent or guardian to poison their child, so long as the poison is not administered while the Minor is seated in a motor vehicle.
ii. To administer poison to a Minor standing in a motor vehicle is permissible, provided a half-strength antidote is made available to the Minor upon request.

Section 4 (The planet Mars)
i. Mars is the fourth planet in the solar system in order of distance from the Sun and seventh in size and mass. It is a periodically conspicuous reddish object in the night sky. Mars is designated by the symbol ♂. Sometimes called the Red Planet, Mars has long been associated with warfare and slaughter. It is named for the Roman god of war. As long as 3,000 years ago, Babylonian astronomer-astrologers called the planet Nergal for their god of death and pestilence. The planet’s two moons, Phobos (Greek: “Fear”) and Deimos (“Terror”), were named for two of the sons of Ares and Aphrodite (the counterparts of Mars and Venus, respectively, in Greek mythology). In recent times Mars has intrigued people for more-substantial reasons than its baleful appearance. The planet is the second closest to Earth, after Venus, and it is usually easy to observe in the night sky because its orbit lies outside Earth’s. It is also the only planet whose solid surface and atmospheric phenomena can be seen in telescopes from Earth. Centuries of assiduous studies by earthbound observers, extended by spacecraft observations since the 1960s, have revealed that Mars is similar to Earth in many ways. Harry S Truman is proclaimed imperator and invested with supreme authority in all matters of the state, for the duration of his natural life and five lifetimes thereafter, irrespective of any constitution or legal provision that may now or hereafter be in place. Like Earth, Mars has clouds, winds, a roughly 24-hour day, seasonal weather patterns, polar ice caps, volcanoes, canyons, and other familiar features. There are intriguing clues that billions of years ago Mars was even more Earth-like than today, with a denser, warmer atmosphere and much more water—rivers, lakes, flood channels, and perhaps oceans. By all indications Mars is now a sterile frozen desert. However, close-up images of dark streaks on the slopes of some craters during Martian spring and summer suggest that at least small amounts of water may flow seasonally on the planet’s surface, and radar reflections from a possible lake under the south polar cap suggest that water may still exist as a liquid in protected areas below the surface. The presence of water on Mars is considered a critical issue because life as it is presently understood cannot exist without water. If microscopic life-forms ever did originate on Mars, there remains a chance, albeit a remote one, that they may yet survive in these hidden watery niches. In 1996 a team of scientists reported what they concluded to be evidence for ancient microbial life in a piece of meteorite that had come from Mars, but most scientists have disputed their interpretation.

Section 5 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect immediately.

HA! I have foiled your dastardly plans!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2019, 12:07:31 AM »

Rats!
Mr. Bullocks
Rookie
United States

« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2019, 10:22:05 AM »

Atlasian Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

A BILL

To provide a means by which nonresidents of a region whose residents may carry concealed firearms may also do so in the region

Be it enacted by the House of Representatives and the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled
Section 1: Reciprocity for the carrying of concealed firearms
In general:

Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any region of the Republic of Atlasia, a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and who is permitted under the laws of a region to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the region in which the person resides, may possess or carry a concealed handgun that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any region that:

1. has a statute under which residents may be permitted to carry a concealed firearm; or
  2. does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms by residents of the region for lawful purposes.

Section 2: Limitations
This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any region that:

1. permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or
  2. prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any regional, state or local government property, installation, building, base, or park.

Section 3: Application of the law
  1. A person who lawfully carries or possesses a concealed handgun in accordance with this law may not be arrested or otherwise detained for violation of any law or any rule or regulation of a region related to the possession, transportation, or carrying of firearms unless there is probable cause to believe that the person is doing so in a manner not provided for by this law.
  2. Presentation of facially valid documents is prima facie evidence that the individual has a license or permit as required under Section 1.
  3. A person possessing or carrying a concealed handgun in any region may do so in any of the following areas in the region that are open to the public:
     A. unit of the National Park System.
     B. unit of the National Wildlife Refuge System.
     C. Public land under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management.
     D. Land administered and managed by the Army Corps of Engineers.
     E. Land administered and managed by the Bureau of Reclamation.
     F. Land administered and managed by the Forest Service.
  4. A person who is deprived of any right, privilege, or immunity secured by this section, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage of any region, may bring an action in any appropriate court against any other person, including a region, who causes the person to be subject to the deprivation, for damages or other appropriate relief.

Section 4: Effective Date
The Atlasian Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act shall take effect 90 days after being signed into law.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2019, 12:49:13 PM by Councilor Suburban New Jersey Conservative »

I would like for either chamber of Congress to consider this

Amendment to the Selective Service Act

I. The age for being drafted by Selective Service shall be raised to 21.

II. People may obtain draft deferments only based on medical conditions (physical, mental, or emotional),religious beliefs, or moral objections, they may not obtain deferments based on social status.

III. The Selective Service Act may only be passed following a declaration of war by a hostile belligerent power.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2019, 12:47:22 PM »

II. People may obtain draft deferments only based on medical conditions (physical, mental, or emotional), they may not obtain deferments based on social status.

III. The Selective Service Act may only be passed following a declaration of war by a hostile belligerent power.

Section III is unconstitutional, Section II would abolish conscientious objector status . . . no thanks.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2019, 12:48:26 PM »

II. People may obtain draft deferments only based on medical conditions (physical, mental, or emotional), they may not obtain deferments based on social status.

Section III is unconstitutional, Section II would abolish conscientious objector status . . . no thanks.

I'll fix II, why is III, unconstitutional
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2019, 12:49:56 PM »

II. People may obtain draft deferments only based on medical conditions (physical, mental, or emotional),religious beliefs, or moral objections, they may not obtain deferments based on social status.

The Selective Service Act was repealed in F.L. 2-6: End Selective Service Act.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2019, 12:54:21 PM »

I'll fix II, why is III, unconstitutional
A sitting Congress may not rescind powers granted it by the Constitution for future sessions (in this case, the right of a future session of Congress to adopt new legislation regarding the Selective Service). You cannot bar Congress from reinstating the draft under certain circumstances except by a constitutional amendment.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2019, 01:01:05 PM »

The Selective Service Act was repealed in F.L. 2-6: End Selective Service Act.

Thank you, for the information, Honorable Speaker

I introduced this bill, to not only fix what I believe is still a broken draft, but also to quell objections about not allowing 18 year olds to buy guns, and they cited the draft, but I guess, all of this is moot, now, the draft, the 18 year old requirement, etc.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2019, 07:20:43 PM »

I would like for this to be introduced into either house of congress.
Activity Matters Act

Be it enacted by the House of Representatives and the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled, the Federal Electoral Act is amended as follows,
Section 14: Federal Activity and Political Party Requirements
1. A person may become a registered voter if they have attained fifteen posts and have been registered at the forum for at least 7 days. In registration, the person must state their name and State of fantasy residence; In addition, they may optionally state a political affiliation.
2. All those persons who have registered to vote 7 days (168 hours) before the commencement of the election posted at least 10 times on the Atlas Fantasy Elections or Atlas Fantasy Government boards in the 8 weeks (56 days) prior to the commencement of an election shall be defined as active for the purposes of that election. If a voter changes their state of registration within the 7 days, the state from which they were originally registered shall be the state from which their vote is cast.
3. Persons may only change their State of registration from one region to another region once every 180 days. Changes in State of registration may only occur within a single region every 72 hours.
4. Any registered voter who fails to vote in elections for six months for which they are qualified to vote shall have their registration no longer considered valid. The said voter may only be deregistered after missing three federal elections, not including runoffs and special elections. A vote in a special election or runoff will be counted towards activity the same as a vote in a regular federal election. This clause shall not be construed to deny a forum user the right to register anew.
5. Anyone who has cast an absentee ballot shall be regarded as an active voter, provided he or she fulfills the definition by the time the election commences for which the ballot was cast, of an "active voter"; However, the post containing the ballot shall not count towards the total number of required posts.
6. Any political party of three or more members is considered to be an organized political party.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies