Public Office of the TimTurner/ChristianMan Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:42:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of the TimTurner/ChristianMan Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Office of the TimTurner/ChristianMan Administration  (Read 414 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2024, 03:41:24 PM »

Making this now.
Inaugural will be posted later today.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 11:59:59 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2024, 12:38:21 AM by President Punxsutawney Phil »

Dear Atlasians,

In the annals of our great Republic there have been periods of time where studious and careful stewardship has been in force. We were in such a period of time under Spiral, whose two terms in office have left a high bar that few men could hope to equal, let alone surpass. It is evident that he was a man of great ability and he will likely be greatly remembered by future Atlasians as a steady man at the ship of the state. His legacy of relative calm is one that represents a high form of inheritance, one from which we all benefit. Spiral is a great man and a great president and while he may not be the best leader we've had in all time, for there are in fact even greater men who held the high office, he certainly holds that title when one limits consideration to those who have held the office in recent times.

I have a good relationship with Spiral that goes back more than half a decade. When Spiral ran for regional governor in the South, I did private messaging for him. The esteemed President is a man I trust. When he asked me to step aside from the Attorney General job I had held for around a year I did so without complaint. When he ran for re-election I voted for him. When I declared my candidacy I made it clear I would drop out if he declared himself in the running for another term. I have consulted him on issues of state importance already and I will continue to consult him as I see fit moving forward. I'm from Texas. A great Texan who like me got fame for a long tenure in legislative leadership once said that, you cannot be a leader and ask people to follow you if you don't know how to follow, too. As a follower of Spiral I have dwelled in his shadow and now that I sit in what was once his chair I will strive to reach something close to his standard, even if I harbor doubt that something that lofty can realistically be achieved. And in that capacity I will strive to follow his example and be an able and worthy leader of men. The people of Atlasia deserve nothing less.

Government is a cooperative project between people in their various places, with individual relations between players having their role and those who have attained high office having a duty to serve the public need. Differences can and do exist obviously, and politics is an arena where complete uniformity is neither desirable nor organically attainable. Debate is part of Atlasia and it is only natural there is disagreement. Regardless, people have a right to ask for a functional government. It is of great importance that people of all parties be willing to work with each other as needed for the good of the country. And it is important that such willingness exist. As President it's critical to do what one can to seek to keep such conditions ripe. And working diligently towards that end is a good thing to do, broadly speaking. Atlasians should be ready to work together for the sake of the common good in times of crisis and be willing to set aside their differences for the sake of the country.

Indeed, diligence is a virtue, is it not? One cannot necessarily predict the future, and the future eludes easy prognostication, but that doesn't mean that a good governing ethos isn't valuable. It is. And such an ethos is not just what Spiral had, but also what I aspire to have as well, to the greatest of my ability, within the bounds of what my job entails. The presidency is a duty, and from the people themselves, on those who wield it there is a trust, a trust by which one ought to consider in their decisions; and noble service for sake of the people is a platonic ideal that is not always achievable in full but always worthy aspiring towards. We may not know what the future holds, but we should seek to preserve the value of sincere duty and perform to our abilities. I've always felt dutifulness deep in my soul and I will seek to toil on behalf of all Atlasians. Those who didn't vote for me, and those who did, are owed the rewards of such in equal measure; we may vote for our preferred candidates but we come together as one game.

Willingness to make tough decisions when they are so necessary is a virtue and is a trait of great leaders through time, on all continents. This is especially so when a life-or-death situation has presented itself. Should god forbid such a situation be presented before me by fate I shall summon my talents and consult and make the best decision. The duty presented by leadership is something that weighs on the shoulders, and as the risk of the situation increases that weight only gets heavier. In relative terms it can go from weighing as much as a feather, to having a weight on par with that of an elephant; life is unpredictable and so are our futures. None of this uncertainty negates the duty placed, rightfully, on those in leadership roles, all throughout our political system. I cannot be entirely sure of much, but what I can say is that I will seek to provide the best handling of problems, drawing on my vast wealth of experience.

In the meantime, I impel all of us to continue playing our proper roles and continue bringing vitality to our politics. There have been bumps, but there's also instances of coming together, and that's a balance between doldrums and chaos that we should continue to keep to. Meanwhile, we should evaluate how to make life better for those who put in the work and strengthen the country through their work in particular, and to reward earnest toil. We shall see where such improvements can be made and improve on them. Human government may be imperfectible because humans are imperfect, but that doesn't mean that good can't be done. We shall all work for the benefit of the people and let their satisfaction be part of our reward.

The people deserve politics that keep cohesion in the country, and they deserve cohesion-minded leaders who will defend the common good. They deserve a government run by people will work together for their common interest's sake and they deserve stewardship that befits what we are capable of given our great past and decent present. I will shoulder on the burdens of the job and work to try to preserve that ethos, as left to us by the great two-time winner and elder statesman Spiral himself, seeking to avoid excessive self-pity and maintain prudent restraint, as what befits the great power of the office. People are owed stability and reliability. Dave Bless the Atlasian people, who elected me and put me where I am now, to whom I owe my career in public service. Dave Bless you all. The work is just beginning, and it's starting off with me smiling to myself, knowing what we are all capable of. Together with my wonderful running mate Christian Man and the people sitting in office alongside me we shall continue to conduct ourselves in the spirit of studious duty. Again, Dave Bless you all and good night.

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 02:53:51 PM »

In the wake of the departure of SoFE Battista Minola, my office is now taking applications for the job. Applicants should shoot me a PM on the forum or a DM on Discord expressing desire to serve in the job.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 07:17:34 PM »

If he is willing, then I encourage the President to have Wulfric take over as SOFE full time rather than interim. He's certainly done a good job keeping track with DDNN over the years, and I expect he's probably the best experienced person who could serve now unless Peebs somehow returned.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 11:40:27 PM »

If he is willing, then I encourage the President to have Wulfric take over as SOFE full time rather than interim. He's certainly done a good job keeping track with DDNN over the years, and I expect he's probably the best experienced person who could serve now unless Peebs somehow returned.

You know, quite aside from the Wulfric math, I am suddenly reminded of the last time an Attorney General adopted the powers of the SoFE…
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 12:12:43 AM »

You know, quite aside from the Wulfric math, I am suddenly reminded of the last time an Attorney General adopted the powers of the SoFE…
That's a fair worry. I just don't know who's possible for the position otherwise.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024, 01:56:37 AM »

That's a fair worry. I just don't know who's possible for the position otherwise.
I am continuing to search for someone to fill the position full-time. Wulfric and I have discussed the need to avoid inappropriate dual office occupancy and we agree it's important he not hold the position for too long.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 03:33:29 AM »

I congratulate Sirius on being confirmed and I express my wishes for a happy tenure in this highly important job going forward.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 12:15:16 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2024, 02:31:45 AM by President Punxsutawney Phil »

The first bill signed into law by this administration is directly in line with the campaign promises I made to voters. Rewarding hard work and earnest labor is a noble goal and I'm proud to advance it by signing this bill into law. The work of countless hundreds of millions of Atlasians will be further dignified by this bill. I have signed the Raise the Wage Act into law.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies