2016=1968

<< < (2/3) > >>

H. Ross Peron:
Barring something disastrous, Obama will not even be as remotely unpopular with the Democratic Party as LBJ was in 1968.

Thunderbird is the word:
Maybe 2008 was a better analogy only with the parties flipped somewhat. John McCain was a good analogy for Hubert Humphrey, once considered a man of integrity who by the time he finally got his parties nomination was seen as a shadow of his former self and too closely associated with an unpopular war and an unpopular president from Texas.

OSR stands with Israel:
Quote from: Zen Lunatic on February 24, 2015, 12:28:44 AM

Maybe 2008 was a better analogy only with the parties flipped somewhat. John McCain was a good analogy for Hubert Humphrey, once considered a man of integrity who by the time he finally got his parties nomination was seen as a shadow of his former self and too closely associated with an unpopular war and an unpopular president from Texas.

What about my 1988 analogy

Thunderbird is the word:
Quote from: Computer89 on February 24, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Quote from: Zen Lunatic on February 24, 2015, 12:28:44 AM

What about my 1988 analogy

I thought that was pretty apt also.

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon:
Steve King is not running for president.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page