Perot/Cuomo in 1992

(1/1)

Beefalow and the Consumer:
Perot somehow persuades Mario Cuomo to join his ticket (perhaps as a way of saying F.U. to politics as usual), giving legitimacy to his candidacy, and to make him more appealing to moderate liberals.  Could Perot/Cuomo actually win a few states?  Would enough liberal votes be taken from Clinton to swing the election back to Bush?

dunn:
Quote from: Beef on April 14, 2004, 12:24:59 PM

Perot somehow persuades Mario Cuomo to join his ticket (perhaps as a way of saying F.U. to politics as usual), giving legitimacy to his candidacy, and to make him more appealing to moderate liberals.  Could Perot/Cuomo actually win a few states?  Would enough liberal votes be taken from Clinton to swing the election back to Bush?

It would not happen but could be really interesting

Beefalow and the Consumer:
Quote from: dunn on April 14, 2004, 12:26:13 PM

Quote from: Beef on April 14, 2004, 12:24:59 PM

It would not happen but could be really interesting

I would think Cuomo would take away a lot of Clinton's thunder.  Perot/Cuomo would stand for fiscal responsibility and moderation.  Although Cuomo might turn off a lot of conservatives, who may vote Bush instead.  I think Bush does considerably better, winning MT and NV, and Perot wins NH and ME, but Clinton still wins the Presidency.

ShapeShifter:
A Perot/Cuomo ticket is like a Bush Jr/Clinton ticket.

© tweed:
PEROT

Navigation

[0] Message Index