Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act

(1/12) > >>

Gabu:
I'd just like to say that, holy cow, we're on the last page of the legislation introduction thread. ;)

Anyways, on to the bill...

As introduced by Sen. Sam Spade:

Repeal of the Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act

Co-Sponsor:  Senator NixonNow (ACA-NJ)

Clauses

1.     The Education and Care for Children in Poverty Act is hereby repealed.

2.   The projected savings to the Federal Government is projected to be $17.65 Billion dollars for FY 2006 and a projected $176.50 Billion dollars over the next ten years.

3.     All funds previously appropriated by the Senate for FY 2005 to fulfill the requirements of this legislation shall be honored by the Federal Government.

4.   All appropriations and other moneys set to be authorized for fulfillment of this legislation in the Preliminary Version of the Federal Budget for FY 2006 and all future Fiscal Years shall be terminated.

5.   If previous appropriations have resulted in the construction of new facilities or the purchase of land for the construction of new facilities, the land or new facilities must be sold at a fair price to private concerns and the resulting revenue must be included in the Education Sub-Department of the Treasury and Social Services Department revenue figures for the proceeding Fiscal Year.

6.   A sum of no less than three-fourths (75% or $13.2375 Billion dollars) and no greater than the whole (100%) of the appropriations and moneys procured by this repeal of this Act must be designated towards the general Budgetary fund and the necessity of covering the present Budget’s shortfall and may not be authorized by the Senate to fund any other appropriations in this present Fiscal Year (2006).

7.   A sum of no less than none (0%) and no greater than one-fourth (25% or $4.4125 Billion dollars) of the appropriations and money procured by the repeal of the Act may be authorized by the Senate in future legislation to fund appropriations and expenditures exclusively within the Education Sub-Department for FY 2006.

I hereby open debate on this bill.

Sam Spade:
I approve of my own legislation.

Gabu:
Quote from: Senator Sam Spade on April 24, 2005, 06:18:24 PM

I approve of my own legislation.

Good to hear you're not Mike Naso. :)

Jake:
I strongly support this legislation. Repealing this act has been 6 months coming, and hopefully, this Senate will be the one to act on it. [size]If not, the next will one will be more conservative.[/size]

12th Doctor:
Anyone have a link to the original act?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page