Atlas forum leaderboard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:33:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas forum leaderboard
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 40
Author Topic: Atlas forum leaderboard  (Read 77430 times)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: March 31, 2020, 11:19:09 PM »

I've already decided this will be my last post of march, which will bring my monthly 2020 statistic to

My posts so far in the year

January: 252 (about 8 per day)
February: 106 (about 4 per day)
March: 245 (about 8 per day)
Total: 603 in 2020 (about 7 per day)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #651 on: March 31, 2020, 11:32:18 PM »

or the fact that Opebo still is in the top ten (which means he was probably number 1 or 2 by the time of his ban)

Nope. BRTD, Al and Lewis have been the top 3 for as long as I've been around. Phil too I'm pretty sure was always already ahead of Opebo (he stopped posting around the time Opebo was banned, although the two things aren't related). So he was fifth at most.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #652 on: March 31, 2020, 11:58:57 PM »

or the fact that Opebo still is in the top ten (which means he was probably number 1 or 2 by the time of his ban)

Nope. BRTD, Al and Lewis have been the top 3 for as long as I've been around. Phil too I'm pretty sure was always already ahead of Opebo (he stopped posting around the time Opebo was banned, although the two things aren't related). So he was fifth at most.

Looks like Phil stop posting about a year after opebo was banned, but Phil was already above 50,000 posts at the time of opebo's banning.  So yeah, he was ahead of opebo for a few years at that point, though opebo was ahead of Phil for a while in the late 2000s.  (And maybe early 2010s too?  I don't know.)

The forum is no longer archived at archive.org, but when it was, I managed to capture the order of the top 10 way back in January 2008 (which was actually very shortly after BRTD took the #1 spot away from Gabu):

From January 2008:

link

1) BRTD
2) Gabu
3) Lewis
4) Al
5) A18
6) opebo
7) StatesRights
8 ) Boss Tweed
9) Keystone Phil
10) Jfern
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #653 on: April 01, 2020, 12:06:42 AM »

Accounting for the fact that March is a longer month than February, the forum's posting rate per day was down only very slightly from February, despite the primary having become so uncompetitive.  We also had about 3% more posts than March 2016.

So yeah, the presidential race has died down for a while, but coronavirus talk has kept the posting rate from dropping by any meaningful amount.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #654 on: April 01, 2020, 01:01:11 AM »

Accounting for the fact that March is a longer month than February, the forum's posting rate per day was down only very slightly from February, despite the primary having become so uncompetitive.  We also had about 3% more posts than March 2016.

So yeah, the presidential race has died down for a while, but coronavirus talk has kept the posting rate from dropping by any meaningful amount.

Considering everyone is bored at quarantine, I'm actually surprised it didn't rise.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #655 on: April 01, 2020, 05:00:24 AM »

Looks like Phil stop posting about a year after opebo was banned, but Phil was already above 50,000 posts at the time of opebo's banning.  So yeah, he was ahead of opebo for a few years at that point, though opebo was ahead of Phil for a while in the late 2000s.  (And maybe early 2010s too?  I don't know.)

The forum is no longer archived at archive.org, but when it was, I managed to capture the order of the top 10 way back in January 2008 (which was actually very shortly after BRTD took the #1 spot away from Gabu):

From January 2008:

link

1) BRTD
2) Gabu
3) Lewis
4) Al
5) A18
6) opebo
7) StatesRights
8 ) Boss Tweed
9) Keystone Phil
10) Jfern

I wonder why Phil stopped posting in the first place
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #656 on: April 04, 2020, 04:59:55 PM »

I've been posting at an incredibly high rate (by my own standards) for a few months now. Assuming I keep up the pace of the past, say, three months indefinitely (not likely), how long till I break the top 10?

I doubt you'd ever make it at that pace.  Looks like , averaged over the past 3 months, you're averaging something like 375 posts a month?  At that rate, it would still take you over 5 years just to catch up to where opebo is now, and opebo will be well outside the top 10 by then.  You need to be posting way more than that to catch up.  olawakandi, for example, made ~1250 posts in the last month (and currently at 34,270 posts), and he's probably about a year away from making the top 10 if he keeps that up.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #657 on: April 04, 2020, 05:01:41 PM »

I wonder why Phil stopped posting in the first place

I believe it was the same reason Lunar left: He got some kind of job either in politics or politics adjacent field at which he feared there being some kind of career threatening scandal for him if it came out that he was posting unfiltered thoughts on politics on this forum.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #658 on: April 04, 2020, 06:00:28 PM »

brucejoel actually passed OC
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #659 on: April 04, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »

I am OC now.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #660 on: April 09, 2020, 07:17:42 AM »

for some godforesaken reason I'm now 6th in the most posts over the past 30 days thing.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #661 on: April 09, 2020, 07:27:36 AM »

for some godforesaken reason I'm now 6th in the most posts over the past 30 days thing.

I was shocked when somebody pointed out earlier that I was in 3rd place on that list.  There are a bunch of us clustered close together in 3rd-10th, way behind the Big Two.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #662 on: April 09, 2020, 07:29:14 AM »

I was shocked when somebody pointed out earlier that I was in 3rd place on that list.  There are a bunch of us clustered close together in 3rd-10th, way behind the Big Two.
How many posts did you make yesterday? On one day prior in this month I reached over 100.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #663 on: April 09, 2020, 07:47:28 AM »

I was shocked when somebody pointed out earlier that I was in 3rd place on that list.  There are a bunch of us clustered close together in 3rd-10th, way behind the Big Two.
How many posts did you make yesterday? On one day prior in this month I reached over 100.

26, which looks like it's close to my average lately (693 over the last 30 days = 23.1 per day). 
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #664 on: April 09, 2020, 07:48:44 AM »

I was shocked when somebody pointed out earlier that I was in 3rd place on that list.  There are a bunch of us clustered close together in 3rd-10th, way behind the Big Two.

26, which looks like it's close to my average lately (693 over the last 30 days = 23.1 per day). 
It seems my posting has usually been in singular spurts, while you have been a lot more consistent and have been doing it more gradually and consistently over a wide period of time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #665 on: April 11, 2020, 04:15:39 PM »

Do you realize that if you kept up your posting rate from the past month (which is over 2000 posts a month) indefinitely, that you would actually reach 100,000 posts before BRTD does?  (Hitting that in just under 4 years.) BRTD's only making ~200 posts a month these days.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #666 on: April 11, 2020, 04:36:34 PM »

Do you realize that if you kept up your posting rate from the past month (which is over 2000 posts a month) indefinitely, that you would actually reach 100,000 posts before BRTD does?  (Hitting that in just under 4 years.) BRTD's only making ~200 posts a month these days.

Damn. I mean, there's no way I'd be able to keep this up indefinitely once the return to normal happens, but still. Damn.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #667 on: April 11, 2020, 04:40:37 PM »

Meanwhile I'm in quasi-comfortable 3rd place.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #668 on: April 11, 2020, 08:22:27 PM »

Where can you see the leaderboards?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #669 on: April 11, 2020, 08:23:00 PM »

[More Stats] at the very bottom.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #670 on: April 12, 2020, 01:08:28 AM »

so I crunched the numbers and me and brucejoel together did 273 posts on April 11. That totals up to 13.18% of all posts on that day.
Jesus Christ, that is a lot.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #671 on: April 30, 2020, 12:15:02 AM »

Go to the members page by post number, scroll down a bit, and look whose name you see.

Cheesy

(ty Virginia!!!)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #672 on: May 01, 2020, 08:44:29 PM »

Activity on the forum dropped in April compared to the previous month, but it was still way up compared to four years ago.  Coronavirus is helping us beat 2016, which itself was quite an unusually busy election year because of Trump.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #673 on: May 01, 2020, 09:40:30 PM »

Activity on the forum dropped in April compared to the previous month, but it was still way up compared to four years ago.  Coronavirus is helping us beat 2016, which itself was quite an unusually busy election year because of Trump.

It's interesting that there were many fewer new members in April than previous months. Better not protection, or the name change affecting it?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #674 on: May 01, 2020, 09:47:12 PM »

It's interesting that there were many fewer new members in April than previous months. Better not protection, or the name change affecting it?

There are less registrations, but only because I made a bunch of changes to deter spam bots after the move to talkelections.org. For example, reCAPTCHA was broken on the registration page before (it had been for a couple years). The result was a crazy amount of bot registrations every day. Most were caught by another protection the forum uses, but that one allows the registration and instead sets the account to require admin approval if its email or IP address is found on a forum spam blacklist.

So while the registration count is technically lower, it's because you're just seeing registrations from real people now.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies