Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:49:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 225094 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2015, 07:51:20 PM »

Game-planning again?  This is ominous.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2015, 07:54:45 PM »

Why won't you at least try the Uber thing, in which you can set your own hours and dress code and quit more easily than any other job?

There's literally no reason not to give Uber a brief try. If you hate it, you've lost nothing and still got a little positive cash flow from it.

^^^

If you're getting desperate for something to do as a job, (and obviously you are if you would even consider a sales job), why won't you at least consider Uber, where you can start right away, set your own hours, your own dress code, and most importantly, can actually do the job?

Remember, if you hate it, it's easier to quit than any other job, so there's no drawback at all. Are you just being obstinate on purpose?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2015, 08:06:59 PM »

Why won't you at least try the Uber thing, in which you can set your own hours and dress code and quit more easily than any other job?

There's literally no reason not to give Uber a brief try. If you hate it, you've lost nothing and still got a little positive cash flow from it.

^^^

If you're getting desperate for something to do as a job, (and obviously you are if you would even consider a sales job), why won't you at least consider Uber, where you can start right away, set your own hours, your own dress code, and most importantly, can actually do the job?

Remember, if you hate it, it's easier to quit than any other job, so there's no drawback at all. Are you just being obstinate on purpose?

I'm just leery of letting the wrong people into my car.  I'm talking about thugs whose sole intention is to do me harm.  Does Uber screen their clients?  I know that's an outrageous fear, but it's something I think about.  Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2015, 08:11:53 PM »

^^^

I'm just leery of letting the wrong people into my car.  I'm talking about thugs whose sole intention is to do me harm.  Does Uber screen their clients?  I know that's an outrageous fear, but it's something I think about.  Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.

Lol... just, lol.
How scary the real world must be for you.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2015, 08:14:50 PM »

^^^

Uber users are pretty well-documented. You have to have a profile tied to a credit card, a mobile device and an address. Not that people couldn't use it to do harm ... just like an office is susceptible to an angry worker-turned-gunman. But someone would have to go far out of their way to use it to rob you, since they'd be very traceable.

I don't think your music is an issue, as long as you keep the volume lower, don't sing and don't preach at riders.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2015, 08:18:43 PM »

^^^

I'm just leery of letting the wrong people into my car.  I'm talking about thugs whose sole intention is to do me harm.  Does Uber screen their clients?  I know that's an outrageous fear, but it's something I think about.  Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.
Uber payments are credit card only. There's no cash involved, so no need be so leery. I've never done the Uber thing as a passenger or as a driver but I would suspect that drivers would go easy on the music. Even leaving off the religion issues, musical tastes are wildly divergent and people have very strong opinions. You are going to be reviewed by customers often. You want them to enjoy the experience. You have a knack for storytelling. You it to your advantage and charm people. But, at the end of the day, you don't have the luxury of being choosy about your employment. Papa is about to cut the cord and you are not going to be in a good place if you don't start making better decisions.
Panda Express

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2015, 08:33:34 PM »

Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.

LOL

Well, my bus driver in high school had Rush Limbaugh on every day so you could probably get away with it.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »

^^^

Bushie, why would there be "no exceptions" to Christian music?  Is any non-Christian music the devil to you?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2015, 08:46:48 PM »

^^^

Signing up for Uber with their phones (using their names and credit cards) and hailing a Uber driver is much too complicated for "thugs." There's really no worry there. And the music, as long as you aren't blaring it, shouldn't be an issue.

I really don't see any drawback to trying it. If you hate it, quit. If you find a better job, quit. At least you'll make a little money off it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2015, 08:53:53 PM »

Also, if I did do this, they would have to listen to Christian music for the entire ride.  No exceptions.

What about non-denominational Christmas music?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2015, 08:59:22 PM »

What about non-denominational Christmas music?

Bushie doesn't believe in that.  I think even Rudolph has some spiritual meaning to him.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »

^^^

Signing up for Uber with their phones (using their names and credit cards) and hailing a Uber driver is much too complicated for "thugs."
I wouldn't say it's too complicated for those people. It just takes a few years for tech/nerd culture to filter out. We saw this same phenomenon with the facialbook many years ago. Today, those people outfacial everybody else. It's not outrageous to suggest that the same thing might happen the Uber within a few more years. But, as of 2015, I don't believe they have discovered the Uber yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2015, 09:31:16 PM »

I just put in another retail-esque application at a Window Cleaning company (Car Wash) for the following two positions:

Power Washing Dealer Lot Cars
 Professional Window Cleaner

I am going to PM Smash and J-Mann and get their thoughts.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2015, 09:42:57 PM »

I've rode Uber a few times when I was out of town and have not experienced a driver listening to music. Some have headphones. Imagine forcing the person who is paying you money to listen to your music is a big no-no.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2015, 09:45:25 PM »

I just put in another retail-esque application at a Window Cleaning company (Car Wash) for the following two positions:

Unless it's offering you minimum wage, it's a scam.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »

I wouldn't say it's too complicated for those people. It just takes a few years for tech/nerd culture to filter out. We saw this same phenomenon with the facialbook many years ago. Today, those people outfacial everybody else. It's not outrageous to suggest that the same thing might happen the Uber within a few more years. But, as of 2015, I don't believe they have discovered the Uber yet.
I didn't mean that it's too hard or esoteric for them, just that if you're looking to mug someone, there are a lot easier ways to do it than hail an Uber driver.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2015, 09:49:44 PM »

I don't believe that at all.  Many jobs that offer more than minimum wage are not scams.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »

I don't believe that at all.  Many jobs that offer more than minimum wage are not scams.

Yes, but nobody offers you to clean windows for more than minimum wage unless there's an MLM where you sell window cleaner involved.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »

Yes, but nobody offers you to clean windows for more than minimum wage unless there's an MLM where you sell window cleaner involved.

I'll let Smash and J-Mann give their recommendations.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2015, 09:56:36 PM »

I don't believe that at all.  Many jobs that offer more than minimum wage are not scams.
You missed a critical word. I bolded it for you. If you want to work at a car wash, go apply. I like the subtle nod to the influence of Walter White. Nice job, writers.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »

With all due respect, Bushie, you're just making excuses with regards to Uber and fast-food work. You know you need income - you know that so well that you would have taken that crappy sales job if the forum had not decided to dissuade you from it, because, in your words "I need income".

I see little need to reiterate every counter the forum has already made to your excuses, I simply want you to think about the hole you are trapping yourself in. You literally need to take ANY legitimate job at this point - I don't care if it's legitimate sales, or Uber, or Walmart, or McDonalds, but you need to stop making stupid excuses, realize the very dire situation you're in, and apply to practically everything. Let's face it - you finding a CADD job could take months or years - so don't just apply to one or two things, thinking... "Well, well, I'll do this to get the forum off my back....", as you will be in an extremely bad situation if you don't get a job between now and the end of may, and I don't think you truly realize it. Essentially, just stop making excuses and apply to everything.

--------------

Anyways, I don't think I've seen a mention of what you've eaten today. go.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2015, 10:01:29 PM »

I'd much rather the driver in my uber be playing Christmas music than try to make awkward small talk with me, as is usually the case.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »

Diet Update:  I had another round of scrambled eggs and bacon for supper tonight.  4 glasses of water.  20 minute walk.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2015, 10:03:54 PM »

With all due respect, Bushie, you're just making excuses with regards to Uber and fast-food work. You know you need income - you know that so well that you would have taken that crappy sales job if the forum had not decided to dissuade you from it, because, in your words "I need income".

I see little need to reiterate every counter the forum has already made to your excuses, I simply want you to think about the hole you are trapping yourself in. You literally need to take ANY legitimate job at this point - I don't care if it's legitimate sales, or Uber, or Walmart, or McDonalds, but you need to stop making stupid excuses, realize the very dire situation you're in, and apply to practically everything. Let's face it - you finding a CADD job could take months or years - so don't just apply to one or two things, thinking... "Well, well, I'll do this to get the forum off my back....", as you will be in an extremely bad situation if you don't get a job between now and the end of may, and I don't think you truly realize it. Essentially, just stop making excuses and apply to everything.

--------------

Anyways, I don't think I've seen a mention of what you've eaten today. go.

He napped all day, so there's no way he walked.  I'm gonna guess he went for some Braum's upon awakening from his Snorlaxian state.

EDIT: I'm going to keep my prediction there despite Bushie's post.  Color me shocked.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »

Diet Update:  I had another round of scrambled eggs and bacon for supper tonight.  4 glasses of water.  20 minute walk.

Are you interested in learning how to cook anything new?  I can understand how you'd get sick of eating at home if you cook the same two or three things every night.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies