A challenge so hard it nearly caused Albert Einstein to blow out his brains (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:56:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  A challenge so hard it nearly caused Albert Einstein to blow out his brains (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A challenge so hard it nearly caused Albert Einstein to blow out his brains  (Read 10417 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 16, 2015, 11:53:16 PM »

The initial part where it says that the man votes for Gore means that someone named Gore is not voting and there is a man to go to the voting booth and do that for him. The next part is tricky, but I'll say that he then literally on the ballot votes for both Bush and Gore by marking both of them on the ballot.

Other than that, I can't think of another possible way.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:56:38 PM »

Expanding on my previous response, I think I have a solution:

A man has a friend named Gore that is unable to vote that day, so the man votes in place of his friend, or in other words he votes for his friend Gore. On the ballot, the man votes for George Bush for President. He voted for Gore to vote for Bush, so in this way he is voting for both Gore and Bush while only officially voting for one candidate for President.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 11:19:33 AM »

Try this one on for size

In 2000, a man lives in Florida and receives one ballot on voting day. He only votes for Gore on this ballot. However, when he submits his ballot, he ends up voting for both Bush and Gore. There was only one ballot submitted, there were no hanging chad errors, he only voted for president and there were no write-ins of any sort. How is this possible?
I'VE GOT IT!

His friend named Gore didn't vote, but he voted for his friend who couldn't vote named Gore. His friend named Gore would have voted for Bush, so Man A votes for Bush for Gore.

Alternatively: the man's name is Gore.

Pretty much wrote exactly that.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 04:47:48 PM »

Try this one on for size

In 2000, a man lives in Florida and receives one ballot on voting day. He only votes for Gore on this ballot. However, when he submits his ballot, he ends up voting for both Bush and Gore. There was only one ballot submitted, there were no hanging chad errors, he only voted for president and there were no write-ins of any sort. How is this possible?
I'VE GOT IT!

His friend named Gore didn't vote, but he voted for his friend who couldn't vote named Gore. His friend named Gore would have voted for Bush, so Man A votes for Bush for Gore.

Alternatively: the man's name is Gore.

Pretty much wrote exactly that.

Oh. Both parts of it?

A man has a friend named Gore that is unable to vote that day, so the man votes in place of his friend, or in other words he votes for his friend Gore. On the ballot, the man votes for George Bush for President. He voted for Gore to vote for Bush, so in this way he is voting for both Gore and Bush while only officially voting for one candidate for President.

Doesn't matter since apparently it's incorrect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies