Office of Secretary pikachu
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:52:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Secretary pikachu
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: Office of Secretary pikachu  (Read 15413 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2015, 02:16:41 PM »

Senator, I have never accused you of bullying anyone to switch their vote!!! Look, you might be a gentleman, but I am afraid you might be unaware by some of the activities of your "allies". I am willing to PM you with what I've observed so you are aware of these actions!!!
You know what asshole, people can switch there votes and so far only RFayette has I believe. One person switched their vote not the whole country. Grow up, and stop whining.

Do you need a tissue? Sad

Glad to see your admission of guilt here; I don't think anything else needs to be said!!!

Do you expect anything less from Crass Conservative? He tried to have some of your legitimate votes discredited in an underhanded attempt to steal the election for pikachu.
How am I amitting guilt I'm stating the facts so far only one person has changed their vote.

a case of "methinks the laddy doth protest too much"
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2015, 02:59:27 PM »

Senator, I have never accused you of bullying anyone to switch their vote!!! Look, you might be a gentleman, but I am afraid you might be unaware by some of the activities of your "allies". I am willing to PM you with what I've observed so you are aware of these actions!!!
You know what asshole, people can switch there votes and so far only RFayette has I believe. One person switched their vote not the whole country. Grow up, and stop whining.

Glad to see your admission of guilt here; I don't think anything else needs to be said!!!

Do you expect anything less from Crass Conservative? He tried to have some of your legitimate votes discredited in an underhanded attempt to steal the election for pikachu.
How am I amitting guilt I'm stating the facts so far only one person has changed their vote.

Perhaps "the lady doth protest" because she has been constantly bombarded with ridiculous charges for weeks now?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #177 on: October 10, 2015, 03:02:29 PM »

Perhaps "the lady doth protest" because she has been constantly bombarded with ridiculous charges for weeks now?

ayy
no what i'm saying is that the following:
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Quote from: Restricted
is an angry deflection, but explicitly not, in fact, a denial.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2015, 03:04:38 PM »

The actions by Classic Conservative in this thread and throughout this election, combined with his commitment to suppressing minority groups, is deeply troubling. Hopefully Governor Pikachu stands up to this intolerable behavior.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2015, 03:05:09 PM »

Yes, I would not have made this accusation had Mr. Conservative explicitly denied it by PM when I asked him. The other individuals I asked said up front they did not do it, and I took them at their word. Instead of being upfront with what he's done, he has simply taken roundabout ways to deflect the issue at hand here.

The actions by Classic Conservative in this thread and throughout this election, combined with his commitment to suppressing minority groups, is deeply troubling. Hopefully Governor Pikachu stands up to this intolerable behavior.

Hear, hear!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »

Yes, I would not have made this accusation had Mr. Conservative explicitly denied it by PM when I asked him. The other individuals I asked said up front they did not do it, and I took them at their word. Instead of being upfront with what he's done, he has simply taken roundabout ways to deflect the issue at hand here.

Hear, hear!
I never responed to your message. And I will say I did PM RFAYETTE but it was BEFORE he voted about 5 minutes before.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2015, 07:16:16 PM »

I still have a job to do so...

x pikachu

I was initially concerned about whether we had the money for this, but assuming there haven't been any massive revenue shifts, we should be able to afford it. This should get the Northeast a leg up in this growing industry.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2015, 12:42:23 AM »

That is why it is probably best to keep your campaign hq and office thread for your present position separate. Keeps things nice, tidy and organized (read, keeps the electoral bs out of the way of official responsibilities).
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2015, 08:40:13 AM »

Apparently Classic Conservative is now misinforming voters and telling them Pikachu is losing to try to convince them to vote for his candidate, even though Pikachu is currently already 2 votes ahead due to Classical Conservative's 24/7 campaigning (so much for the "I have no time to run a campaign" thing). Is this campaign going to condemn or attempt to stop any of his disgusting, illegal actions???
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2015, 10:03:46 AM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2015, 10:11:50 AM »

Apparently Classic Conservative is now misinforming voters and telling them Pikachu is losing to try to convince them to vote for his candidate, even though Pikachu is currently already 2 votes ahead due to Classical Conservative's 24/7 campaigning (so much for the "I have no time to run a campaign" thing). Is this campaign going to condemn or attempt to stop any of his disgusting, illegal actions???

Unsurprising!

pikachu
United States

« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2015, 11:54:02 PM »

I'll keep this short.

So I lost. I'm disappointed, and I feel like I could've and should've done more in the campaign if I wanted to win. Congratulations to Talley for his victory, and I hope that he has the country's best interests at heart under all the bombast. I'd like to thank all those who voted and campaigned for me. I'm honored to have the support of so many great Atlasians, old and new, and it's hard for me to put into words how grateful I am for all the help and effort that they put into my campaign.

I'd also like to make a few statements about my future. If it wasn't clear year, I will not be running for reelection as Northeast governor. I decided this some time ago, but I feel like now's a good time to actually say it. I'll still be sticking around though. After all, there is an important referendum coming up soon...
pikachu
United States

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2015, 12:45:17 AM »

Initially, I was going to post this on the unionist thread as another screed on why going independent would be a bad idea, but I think this presents enough of an issue that it's worth speaking of it here:

I really think that we haven't had any particularly interesting regional Assembly elections in about two years does speak to a need to figure out a way to make these things more interesting. While some would suggest that independence would do trick, I think the problem lies mostly in using PR-STV as our electoral system (this can be seen with the constant boringness of at-large Senate elections). Districts could be a potential alternative, but for the Northeast, we're geographically small, and making single member districts will also likely give us puny electorates, especially with current turnout issues. My solution would be to amend the CE amendment to make the amount of candidates needed for a number of Assembly seats to be higher, but I think this problem is something that should be discussed.

Also, if you're interested in running for Assembly, I highly encourage you to do so.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2015, 06:13:02 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2015, 07:28:12 AM by Clyde1998 »

Initially, I was going to post this on the unionist thread as another screed on why going independent would be a bad idea, but I think this presents enough of an issue that it's worth speaking of it here:

I really think that we haven't had any particularly interesting regional Assembly elections in about two years does speak to a need to figure out a way to make these things more interesting. While some would suggest that independence would do trick, I think the problem lies mostly in using PR-STV as our electoral system (this can be seen with the constant boringness of at-large Senate elections). Districts could be a potential alternative, but for the Northeast, we're geographically small, and making single member districts will also likely give us puny electorates, especially with current turnout issues. My solution would be to amend the CE amendment to make the amount of candidates needed for a number of Assembly seats to be higher, but I think this problem is something that should be discussed.

Also, if you're interested in running for Assembly, I highly encourage you to do so.
I'm running in both Governor and Assembly elections - as, apparently, people are allowed to be on the ballot for both elections simultaneously.

EDIT - Evergreen says she's declared as well.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2015, 07:39:44 AM »

yeah we should have six candidates so far

I will be standing in the Northeast Governor election - and Northeast Assembly election (should this be allowed by NE law).
I declare my candidacy for the Northeast Assembly.
Withdrawing from the Governor's race, but still running for reelection to the Assembly.
I'll be running for reelection to the Assembly
I'm running for northeast assembly
pikachu
United States

« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »

I think my point of Assembly elections normally not being that interesting (most of the time) still stands. 7 candidates for 5 seats is better, but still the most candidates in over 2 years. I do think downsizing to three is something worth considering.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2015, 02:39:04 PM »

I think my point of Assembly elections normally not being that interesting (most of the time) still stands. 7 candidates for 5 seats is better, but still the most candidates in over 2 years. I do think downsizing to three is something worth considering.
We passed a law that reduces the size of the Assembly to three if there are five or less candidates; and increases it to five when there are six or more.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »

Mr. Governor:

pikachu
United States

« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2015, 12:04:30 PM »

x pikachu
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2015, 12:35:53 PM »

And another one for you, sir:

[quote]
Education in Order Act
1. All school heads are required to meet with their counties Secretary of Education on the first Monday of each month.
2. Topics will range from local school matters to regional school events
3. Venues will be announced a week before the meeting (host school)
4. If the school head is unavailable, a proxy (from the same school) shall be the school's representative for the meeting.
5. If the office of the Secretary of Education is vacant, the host school's head will preside over the meeting
pikachu
United States

« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2015, 02:25:22 PM »

Veto.

Not a bad idea, but it seems a bit redundant with what school districts already do, and I think this is best left to school districts to do themselves.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2015, 07:04:18 PM »

Thought I'd post here, do any fine members of the Northeast know when new office holders get sworn in?
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2015, 07:09:47 PM »

Thought I'd post here, do any fine members of the Northeast know when new office holders get sworn in?
Within seven days of the election.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2015, 09:42:47 PM »

Officeholders elected in regular regional elections swear in on the Thursday after the election in the appropriate thread..

It is the same for the Governor.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2015, 10:33:42 PM »

A short statement to close out my tenure:

First, thank you Northeast for putting up with me. Even though it had its frustrating points, governing the Northeast was an enjoyable experience. It motivated me to become a more active player, let me have the honor of working with some of Atlasia's best, and allowed me to have a pivotal role in Atlasia's greatest region. Even though my time as governor is done, that doesn't mean my time in Atlasia is. I still plan on playing a role in this game, and even though my voice won't be as big, it'll be there.

Thank you all, and best of luck to Blair who I expect nothing but the best from.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies