Blair Candidacy Announcement for North-East Assembly-Final Rally
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:17:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blair Candidacy Announcement for North-East Assembly-Final Rally
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Blair Candidacy Announcement for North-East Assembly-Final Rally  (Read 2049 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 05:25:22 AM »

You seem to be a very active dude. I will be endorsing you, although that doesn't mean that I agree with all the things you say.

Much appreciated
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 02:07:39 PM »

Speech to New Jersey Chamber of Commerce

'I'm honoured to be invited to address the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce. With the election only a couple of days away I feel this is a vital opportunity for me to reinforce not only the message of progress but also the message of cooperation. No doubt many in the business world, and on the right have looked at the plans I've laid out and claimed they're anti-business and anti-business. But today I want to show you that I'm the only candidate who is committed to making business competitive, fair and sustainable.

For too long we've been stuck between too incorrect schools of thought. One teaches that massive tax cuts and scaling back of regulations will empower business, and the other teaches that state owned industries are the only which can deliver social justice. I believer that in the middle ground we can create and support business that provides economic growth whilst also providing a living wage, strong employment rights and a fairer society. This is the reason I've committed myself to industrial democracies-only then can we engage workers and increase performance. A happy worker is an effective worker. Likewise we need to ensure that education and training works to create a workforce for the 21st century, this is why I've committed myself to scholarships for students entering sustainable industries .

I also want to build a partnership between business and communities to fix our urban centers, which have been neglected for too long. Robert Kennedy had a vision in the 1960's of business leaders working with religious leaders, civil rights campaigners and students to restore our cities. We face new problems in our cities-outsourcing has left us stripped of industry, pollution has crippled public health and many are trapped pay-check to pay check. Together we can tackle these issues, and this is why if I'm re-elected I want to launch a 'Fresh Start' scheme for all major cities in the Northeast to build a true civil society

I also believe that business should pick up the bill if they pollute or damage their local environment, I want to earmark this funding for environmental causes. It's not anti-business to be an environmentalist-I'm committed to fighting climate change to ensure that businesses and workers have a future to live in. Climate Change could cost us 20% of our GDP if we fail to tackle it effectively, and more importantly will destroy global communities. If we can't unite to fight climate change,then we must question our very nature.

I understand that some of you will still not vote for me, that's the joy of democracy. But I want to reconfirm that I'm committed to an business approach that works for everyone. Some may call this naive, but surely aren't we public service to reach out into the unknown and scale the challenges of society. Yesterday I said that we need to reach out to the other parties of Atlasia. Today I want to say that we should reach out to business to help create a sustainable future. Thank you
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 05:43:20 PM »

'To all those gathered here I have some grave news for all those who value democracy and justice. That news is that a brave security official has been seriously injured in the Capitol whilst guarding the Census bureau. From what we've heard it appears the attackers attempted to burn down the office in an attempt to destroy our great democracy here in Atlasia. Our first concern should be ensuring that the night-guard is in a safe condition, and we all hope that he will have a speedy recovery. To the terrorists who have attempted to burn down the office I hope they know that no matter what they do they will never destroy our commitment to democracy and freedom. Thank you.'

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 02:57:05 AM »

Friends, I want to thank those of you who have stayed out so late today. Every political campaign relies on an army of skillful and determined volunteers . I know at times it's been a struggle but we can take a good message from this campaign-progress is still alive. When we started off in Boston I spoke about the need for politics anew, a politics that engaged people and more importantly a politics that was sustainable. I believe that I've kept this spirit alive throughout, and when people ask what have we proposed I say to them we went around in a Hydrogen Bus. We can all make a difference friends.

I want to speak again about the need for democracy in this sacred land. Aaron Greene died last night defending this right,and I'm sure we'll all stand in solidarity with his young family who will miss him so dearly. Moments like this put politics into perspective, and remind us just how valuable democracy is.

Likewise we have a commitment to keep with the people of the Northeast. As another famous Northeast citizen said we 'campaign in poetry, and govern in prose'. We've set up a vision for the land, a vision that was forged on the streets, a vision that can inspire this region. This vision is only worthwhile if we can implement it into office. This is why we need a labor block elected to the Assembly, to the governors mansion and to the senate. Finally we need to make sure that we elected Bore to the Presidency. He is the only candidate that can unite us and provide real leadership on the key issues.

We've fought a good campaign here friends, and no matter what happens we can proud of what we've done. I wish all the other candidates well, and I remind everyone to go out their and vote. Tonight is the time to back Progress and get Atlasia moving again

It's not too late to seek a new world. 

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2015, 01:44:19 AM »

'Friends it's very late here, in fact I can see that some  of you have started to already fall asleep. I'll keep this short. I want to thank every single citizen who voted for us, and thank you to everyone who didn't because that is the greatness of our very democracy. We've fought a good campaign, we've taken our vision to the streets and the people have spoken. Now we face a much bigger challenge-to turn our vision of hope into reality. I'm certain that I can work with every other Assemblyman to tackle the big issues that we face in the Northeast. I'd like to finally congratulate President-Elect Bore, and all the other labor candidates who won across the Nation. We've been give a mandate for change, let's use this opportunity friends. Thank you and good night'

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 02:12:08 AM »

Congratulations, comrade!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length