Will Trump-Pence be the last all-white male Republican ticket?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:38:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will Trump-Pence be the last all-white male Republican ticket?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Trump-Pence be the last all-white male Republican ticket?  (Read 994 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2021, 08:22:11 PM »

A lot of people felt that in 2012, Romney-Ryan would be the last all-white male Republican presidential ticket, that the GOP had to appeal to women and minorities like the Democrats do; that the GOP had to do better with voters than McCain-Palin (the only Republican woman on a ticket) and Romney-Ryan.

Trump-Pence broke that belief, and they won in 2016, but lost in 2020.

With demographics changing and with the Republicans facing questions about their electoral viability, will it be the last all-white male ticket or will we see a Cotton-Hawley or a DeSantis-Cotton ticket?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 08:47:16 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2021, 09:17:51 PM by TML »

Remember that the Republican base is comprised mostly of “angry white men,” so as long as this cohort wields significant influence, it is quite likely to lead to further all-white male tickets.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 05:14:05 PM »

While I don't think 2024's ticket will be all white male, I do believe they will remain common.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 06:15:49 PM »

Ron DeSantis/Kristi Noem 2024!

That's my call for the GOP Ticket at least right now assuming DeSantis gets the Nomination.

Highly likely the GOP Ticket will have at least 1 Female on the Ticket in 2024!
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 08:07:14 AM »

Remember that the Republican base is comprised mostly of “angry white men,” so as long as this cohort wields significant influence, it is quite likely to lead to further all-white male tickets.
I’d be surprised if it wasn’t. Cotton/DeSantis 2024 wouldn’t surprise me.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 05:20:12 PM »

No. I don't see Tim Scott running for President. Any African-American or non-white Latino VP nominee would be seen as a token. Marco Rubio would be seen as a token outside of Florida.

It wouldn't, and it would set itself up for a potential D landslide. Cotton is way too far to the Right to win in the Wisconsin-Michigan-Pennsylvania trio, and he would show that there is no magic in running from Arkansas. (Bill Clinton is a moderate, and could win Up North). De Santis will be hit hard for his state's performance on COVID-19... see also Kristi Noem if you are thinking of a female to balance the ticket.

Would vote for Hillary Clinton over Joe Biden.
UnvaccinatedNcircumcised
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 07:18:23 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2021, 01:25:47 PM by changed out of respect »

I don't think so. At the moment, I think Trump/Lindell or DeSantis/Paul is likely. At the same time, I can also see a Noem/Scott ticket so anything is possible.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 06:52:54 AM »

No. I don't see Tim Scott running for President. Any African-American or non-white Latino VP nominee would be seen as a token. Marco Rubio would be seen as a token outside of Florida.

It wouldn't, and it would set itself up for a potential D landslide. Cotton is way too far to the Right to win in the Wisconsin-Michigan-Pennsylvania trio, and he would show that there is no magic in running from Arkansas. (Bill Clinton is a moderate, and could win Up North). De Santis will be hit hard for his state's performance on COVID-19... see also Kristi Noem if you are thinking of a female to balance the ticket.

I’ll be two white guys most likely. Would Santorum be on a ticket?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies