Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:54:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208613 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »

Bushie you don't know CADD best. That's why you're in this mess. You do know driving from point a to point b though.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2015, 06:01:43 PM »

You all might, I repeat might, be proud of me:  My church friend (the one I went bowling with Thanksgiving weekend), knows I am looking for a job, so he sent me a Facebook post for an AT&T call center job fair this Saturday in NW Oklahoma City.  I laughed and moved on back to my CAD searching.  I gave it no consideration whatsoever.  I don't even remember the address except the street it was on.  I thank him for thinking of me, but I am done with call centers.

Brilliant setup. I think I know where this is going.

SMASH CUT TO:

INT. OFFICE CUBICLES -- NEXT MONDAY

CLOSE UP on BUSHIE'S freshly-shaven face, staring blankly into the distance.

AT&T SUPERVIOR (V.O.)
Welcome to AT&T call-center training...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2015, 06:05:42 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 06:07:44 PM by Grumps »

You all might, I repeat might, be proud of me:  My church friend (the one I went bowling with Thanksgiving weekend), knows I am looking for a job, so he sent me a Facebook post for an AT&T call center job fair this Saturday in NW Oklahoma City.  I laughed and moved on back to my CAD searching.  I gave it no consideration whatsoever.  I don't even remember the address except the street it was on.  I thank him for thinking of me, but I am done with call centers.

SMASH CUT TO:

AT&T SUPERVIOR (V.O.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2015, 06:11:03 PM »

Wouldn't Uber-ing give him an excuse (in his mind) to buy a new car? Might want to proceed with caution.

Good point.  Anyway, I browsed the website that J-Mann provided, but I think I'll pass on this possibility.  I appreciate the thought, but I'll just stick with what I know best - CAD.  I've now got three applications in the cooker plus a job fair, archaic or not, next Thursday.  Plus, I've got a bunch of men looking down here in Oklahoma City.

Not on Uber specifically, but glad to see that my advice about keeping your options open and looking into more than just CADD was swiftly ignored...

I'm going to look into what else the job fair has to offer that are not customer service or sales jobs.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2015, 06:15:17 PM »

Bushie apply here

http://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=c4a945c28d30a5bd&from=serp

and here

http://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=985226bdcee0b204&from=serp
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2015, 06:23:49 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 06:53:27 PM by 2015 Bushie »

I've already applied to job 2, and I will apply to job 1.

EDIT:  I just applied for these positions and this brings my total number of applications to 4.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2015, 06:30:38 PM »

You all might, I repeat might, be proud of me:  My church friend (the one I went bowling with Thanksgiving weekend), knows I am looking for a job, so he sent me a Facebook post for an AT&T call center job fair this Saturday in NW Oklahoma City.  I laughed and moved on back to my CAD searching.  I gave it no consideration whatsoever.  I don't even remember the address except the street it was on.  I thank him for thinking of me, but I am done with call centers.

SMASH CUT TO:

AT&T SUPERVIOR (V.O.)

Excellent foreshadowing!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2015, 07:54:46 PM »

Apply here:
http://www.braums.com
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2015, 08:20:20 PM »

So, here's the situation:  I have two nights left at Grandma's and then starting Saturday night, I will spend 11 of the next 12 nights at my parents'.  I plan to go back to Tulsa to stay on Thursday, January 29, 2015.  I will be up in Tulsa this coming Wednesday night, January 21 for the job fair Thursday morning.  I will be back in Tulsa briefly Saturday afternoon/evening for a Sunday School Fellowship in East Tulsa.  I will go up that morning and come back after the fellowship and then go up to stay the next Thursday.  There is a chance it could be Wednesday, January 28.  I will, of course, job search all during the time I'm still down here and will not hesitate to go back to Tulsa for an interview.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2015, 08:43:17 PM »

So, here's the situation:  I have two nights left at Grandma's and then starting Saturday night, I will spend 11 of the next 12 nights at my parents'.  I plan to go back to Tulsa to stay on Thursday, January 29, 2015.  I will be up in Tulsa this coming Wednesday night, January 21 for the job fair Thursday morning.  I will be back in Tulsa briefly Saturday afternoon/evening for a Sunday School Fellowship in East Tulsa.  I will go up that morning and come back after the fellowship and then go up to stay the next Thursday.  There is a chance it could be Wednesday, January 28.  I will, of course, job search all during the time I'm still down here and will not hesitate to go back to Tulsa for an interview.

Why are you spending so many nights at your parents' place, given that you no longer have a job in the OKC area to go to each day?  I thought you wanted to stay in Tulsa?  So then, why aren't you now spending most of your nights in that Tulsa apartment?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2015, 08:49:32 PM »

Why are you spending so many nights at your parents' place, given that you no longer have a job in the OKC area to go to each day?  I thought you wanted to stay in Tulsa?  So then, why aren't you now spending most of your nights in that Tulsa apartment?

We have company coming in on Tuesday who will spend eight days.  I don't want to miss them, so I'll stay with Mom and Dad until they leave.  In other words:  I'm not being given much of a choice...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2015, 08:54:33 PM »

We have company coming in on Tuesday who will spend eight days.  I don't want to miss them, so I'll stay with Mom and Dad until they leave.  In other words:  I'm not being given much of a choice…

You're being held at gunpoint or something?  Or maybe your parents are threatening to cut you off if you don't entertain the guests?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »

We have company coming in on Tuesday who will spend eight days.  I don't want to miss them, so I'll stay with Mom and Dad until they leave.  In other words:  I'm not being given much of a choice…

You're being held at gunpoint or something?  Or maybe your parents are threatening to cut you off if you don't entertain the guests?

Wrong. More elaborate free meals are being prepared during the company's (oddly long) stay, so it only makes sense that he would stay to take advantage of the meal situation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2015, 09:15:11 PM »

Wrong. More elaborate free meals are being prepared during the company's (oddly long) stay, so it only makes sense that he would stay to take advantage of the meal situation.

While I do want the family time and the delicious meals, I also don't want to do it night after night for a week.  However, my grandmother is from the old school thought that life stops whenever company comes in.  It doesn't matter that this particular set of family (Grandma's elder daughter and son-in-law) come visit 4-5 times a year.  I'm glad they come as often as they do, but I don't like having to eat with them night after night during their stay.  I have a life and I like to live my life.  Then again, her meals are better than Braum's or Pizza every night.  At least her meals involve meat, vegetables, green salad, and iced tea.  Our first dinner of this round is Wednesday night right before I drive two hours to Tulsa to get ready for the job fair.  Unfortunately, I have to leave Tulsa right after the job fair so we can have dinner Thursday night.  I'm hoping for some interviews to give me an excuse to come back up to Tulsa early...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2015, 09:16:42 PM »

An interesting question is whether Bushie is better off eating the homemade (but probably not too healthy, and probably with enormous portions) meals cooked by his mother, or eating on his own (which involves a lot of junk from "restaurants").
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2015, 09:19:33 PM »

While I do want the family time and the delicious meals, I also don't want to do it night after night for a week.  However, my grandmother is from the old school thought that life stops whenever company comes in.  It doesn't matter that this particular set of family (Grandma's elder daughter and son-in-law) come visit 4-5 times a year.  I'm glad they come as often as they do, but I don't like having to eat with them night after night during their stay.  I have a life and I like to live my life. 

You're legally an adult, and there's nothing stopping you from putting your foot down and not going along with this.  4-5 times a year for about a week each time is pretty ridiculous.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2015, 09:32:22 PM »

Bushie could be making like $1000 uber dollars during the time he's wasting with his family for some reason. Instead he'll be wasting $1000 of gas driving back and forth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »

While I do want the family time and the delicious meals, I also don't want to do it night after night for a week.  However, my grandmother is from the old school thought that life stops whenever company comes in.  It doesn't matter that this particular set of family (Grandma's elder daughter and son-in-law) come visit 4-5 times a year.  I'm glad they come as often as they do, but I don't like having to eat with them night after night during their stay.  I have a life and I like to live my life.

You're legally an adult, and there's nothing stopping you from putting your foot down and not going along with this.  4-5 times a year for about a week each time is pretty ridiculous.

What I'm thinking about doing is staying with Mom and Dad for a week, but then going up to Tulsa and staying there starting Sunday night, January 25.  I do want to see the family, but I don't need to see them 8 days in a row.  My mother will understand because I am trying to find a job and get myself out from their checkbook and get Dad's retirement back on track. 
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2015, 09:43:27 PM »

Talking of which, what have you been eating lately? Still doing the turkey wraps/carrots etc? Have there been any Big Mac Attacks?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2015, 10:06:03 PM »

Pathetic.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2015, 10:09:26 PM »

Seriously dude stop it with all the bullsh!t excuses and take some responsibility for yourself for once.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2015, 10:18:24 PM »

Ha. A 32 year old is afraid to defy his parents on not staying around.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2015, 10:20:21 PM »

Ha. A 32 year old is afraid to defy his parents on not staying around.

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2015, 10:20:49 PM »

Conspiracy Theory #1: The Update Thread as an exhaustive psychological study designed to measure the mood/psychological states of Atlas posters based on how we react to Bushie.

Our Dear Friend is a Rorschach test: how you interpret his failings says more about you than him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2015, 10:25:11 PM »

Talking of which, what have you been eating lately? Still doing the turkey wraps/carrots etc? Have there been any Big Mac Attacks?

To be honest, I haven't been eating well at all.  We've settled for Braum's and Little Caesar's Pizza way too often.  I've kept up with the carrots, but not so much the turkey wraps.  Now that I don't have a job, who knows what lunches will look like and if they will even happen.  I am going to try my best to eat all three meals everyday, but we'll see.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies