muon2's Diplomacy game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:01:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  muon2's Diplomacy game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: muon2's Diplomacy game  (Read 14549 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2019, 11:45:48 PM »

I'd be willing to do this
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2019, 11:10:10 AM »

I would like to try. I read the rules earlier and will retry now.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2019, 01:00:33 AM »

So are we getting close to a 7 +2 backup scenario yet?

Haven't been counting numbers, but it seems like if we're not there yet, we might only be missing at most one or possibly two, depending upon how one counts the numbers.....
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2019, 01:33:04 AM »

So, what’s the next step? Lottery for spots?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2019, 08:20:23 PM »

So, what’s the next step? Lottery for spots?

Paging Muon2.... Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »

Bump.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »

Update: So I pinged Muon2 a few days back, and he has been busy with some family activities over the past few weeks, hence his lack of activity recently (We all need a family-work-Atlas balance sometimes!!!).

Since I guess I was the "ringleader" of trying to restart a new game, I guess it seemed easier to reach out to one person rather than the inevitable back on forth responses on the game thread.

1.) Muon2 reaffirmed his interest in being the "Judge" (Which I gather is the preferred term) of a new game!!!! THANKS MUON2    Smiley

2.) His biggest challenge is finding where to host the maps in light of Atlas new policies regarding posting images within the gallery

3.) He asked if there were any particular house rules that we would consider beneficial.

So, on that note there were a few posts on this thread from players of the previous game about potential items to consider as part of a new game.

A.)  Although the 5.0 rules require the "Judge" to interpret illegal orders accordingly, the question is do we want a house rule that requires the Judge to notify a player of an illegal move and gives them a brief window to correct (3-6 Hrs was thrown out as an option by Muon2) hence minimizing disruption of training new/rusty players, but also allowing a 2nd chance for players to correct and make the game more accessible to new players.

B.) It seems pretty clear that the consensus is that at minimum we would like (7) committed players, plus a few backups in reserve possible to minimize some of the items we saw in the last game that disrupted game play when players unexpectedly dropped out. I'm assuming this is still where y'all are at?

C.) Any special House Rule changes that players would like to see before we move forward with the lotto for spots, since it seems like based upon posts here, it looks like we have (7) committed and potentially a few backups already lined up?

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »

Update: So I pinged Muon2 a few days back, and he has been busy with some family activities over the past few weeks, hence his lack of activity recently (We all need a family-work-Atlas balance sometimes!!!).

Since I guess I was the "ringleader" of trying to restart a new game, I guess it seemed easier to reach out to one person rather than the inevitable back on forth responses on the game thread.

1.) Muon2 reaffirmed his interest in being the "Judge" (Which I gather is the preferred term) of a new game!!!! THANKS MUON2    Smiley

2.) His biggest challenge is finding where to host the maps in light of Atlas new policies regarding posting images within the gallery

3.) He asked if there were any particular house rules that we would consider beneficial.

So, on that note there were a few posts on this thread from players of the previous game about potential items to consider as part of a new game.

A.)  Although the 5.0 rules require the "Judge" to interpret illegal orders accordingly, the question is do we want a house rule that requires the Judge to notify a player of an illegal move and gives them a brief window to correct (3-6 Hrs was thrown out as an option by Muon2) hence minimizing disruption of training new/rusty players, but also allowing a 2nd chance for players to correct and make the game more accessible to new players.

B.) It seems pretty clear that the consensus is that at minimum we would like (7) committed players, plus a few backups in reserve possible to minimize some of the items we saw in the last game that disrupted game play when players unexpectedly dropped out. I'm assuming this is still where y'all are at?

C.) Any special House Rule changes that players would like to see before we move forward with the lotto for spots, since it seems like based upon posts here, it looks like we have (7) committed and potentially a few backups already lined up?

First hit for Diplomacy house rules on Google is https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/594388/diplomacy-house-rules which seems like a decent starting point.  Regarding having the judge check players' orders (which I agree would be very helpful for new players), we could modify this section:

3. Orders: Any clear orders will be followed; the precise syntax is not important. However, the GM will not raise any issues when the orders are submitted, unless the player asks for the orders to be checked. It is recommended that orders use the full province name or the abbreviations as given on the maps (though the abbreviations listed in the Rules PDF are also OK). The GM for a game may determine how orders may be submitted to them.

If muon2 is willing, the default practice could be for him to check all orders, notify the player of any illegal ones, and give them a short time to correct them, as you suggested.

muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »

There is a new issue that has arisen. The copyright issue has resulted in the closure of the Atlas Gallery, which is where I posted game maps. There have been even more restrictions required by Dave as he resolves the effects of the lawsuit. I'd like to see where image posting lands so that the game would have a clear location for the players to view the board with each turn.

If I can resolve this, I'd be happy to Judge another game.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »

There is a new issue that has arisen. The copyright issue has resulted in the closure of the Atlas Gallery, which is where I posted game maps. There have been even more restrictions required by Dave as he resolves the effects of the lawsuit. I'd like to see where image posting lands so that the game would have a clear location for the players to view the board with each turn.

Perhaps consider hosting the game as a private game on the Diplomatic Pouch's judge?  It has both an email and web UI.  http://uk.diplom.org/
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2019, 11:14:32 PM »

You could also just post Imgur links if that's in line with the copyright policy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies