The Lion and the Rose, Game Thread (Time Skip)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:31:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, Game Thread (Time Skip)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, Game Thread (Time Skip)  (Read 28281 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 10:10:01 AM »

There must have been an error somewhere, as I ordered my second army not to guard the Boneway but the Prince's Pass and the Reach border...

And I had a host move towards King's Landing - as well as an assault on Bronzegate.

I'd imagine your host was incinerated Tongue
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 10:12:20 AM »

They weren't going to King's Landing, but they were going North along the King's Road in the direction of King's Landing.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »

There must have been an error somewhere, as I ordered my second army not to guard the Boneway but the Prince's Pass and the Reach border...

That is actually my mistake, it will be corrected right away!

And I had a host move towards King's Landing - as well as an assault on Bronzegate.

I suppose I was confused there, I assumed your message explaining that your forces were to stay at Storm's End meant that there would be no march on Bronzegate.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 11:39:26 AM »

I suppose I was confused there, I assumed your message explaining that your forces were to stay at Storm's End meant that there would be no march on Bronzegate.

I sent a second message, last night, that listed all of my updated troop movements. Sorry if things got confusing.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2015, 11:52:47 AM »

I sent a second message, last night, that listed all of my updated troop movements. Sorry if things got confusing.

Right, my mistake. Said forces are on the way, currently on the Kingsroad and busy in the siege of Bronzegate.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2015, 11:56:12 AM »

Right, my mistake. Said forces are on the way, currently on the Kingsroad and busy in the siege of Bronzegate.

Thank you, sir!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2015, 12:20:36 PM »

Thank you! Now, should not have those raids in Dorne from the Reach been prevented, now that there was an army guarding that very border present?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2015, 12:55:04 PM »

Thank you! Now, should not have those raids in Dorne from the Reach been prevented, now that there was an army guarding that very border present?

Not necessarily, the raids were done by cavalry and with a series of instructions which favored quick raids. Considering the actual distances we're talking about (it's easy to forget Westeros is larger than South America in size), an army can only do so much.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2015, 06:23:44 PM »

Not necessarily, the raids were done by cavalry and with a series of instructions which favored quick raids. Considering the actual distances we're talking about (it's easy to forget Westeros is larger than South America in size), an army can only do so much.

I could've sworn I called off the raids in my PM ordering the coup... but I may be mistaken.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 04:57:26 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2015, 12:20:02 PM by President LumineVonReuental »

Mid to Late 300 AL: Turn Four:

General View:

Winter continues to engulf Westeros as the War of the Five Kings is couple of months short of the start of its third year. Four of the original Kings lay dead now with Joffrey Baratheon and a good part of House Tyrell going down in flames with King's Landing, leaving Westeros to be divided between Stannis Baratheon, Aegon Targaryen, Euron Greyjoy, Tommen Baratheon and many Lords who now stand without a clear loyalty. And to add more complications, Daenerys Targaryen's victory at Meereen has sent shock waves through Essos and many Westerosi Lords, showing that a fifth claimant might join the war soon. With so many Lords up for grabs and no clear favourite, can the war actually end at some point?

Updated Cast:

(I've asked Spamage and Mr. X to confirm their new characters, they will be added soon)

Aegon Targaryen, claimant to the Iron Throne (dkrolga)
Stannis Baratheon, King in the Narrow Sea and the Wall (Dereich)
Euron Greyjoy, King of the Iron Islands (Talleyrand)
Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne (Cranberry)
Ramsay Bolton, Lord of Hornwood and the Dreadfort (Mr. X)
Willas Tyrell, Lord Highgarden (Spamage)

Player Crisis:

Aegon Targaryen:
-Prestige: 6/10
-Gold: 60.000 GD.
-Legitimacy: 3/10

-Lord Connington has personally apologized for his failure to take Dragonstone after the Battle of the Gullet, but he suggest that the current situation is still to your advantage due to many Southern Houses joining your cause. Between him, Lord Tarth and your other advisors some proposals have been drafted for you to act on them:

-Lord Connington has spoken up against the marriage with Arianne Martell to suggest that Daenerys should be the royal consort, but Lord Tarth and the Golden Company argue that the Dornish Princess would be enough to assure Westeros of your legitimacy, a useful tool to convince loyalists like the Velaryons or the Lords of Crackclaw Point.

-With the Great Council of the Vale having the power to give the winner a great army, Lord Tarth has suggested doing everything that is possible to win over the Lords of the Vale to the cause, and the suggestion is there to also appeal to Aurane Waters's Royal Fleet and more Reachlords, perhaps even to Randyll Tarly, who holds the Riverlands with one of the largest armies in Westeros.

-Finally, the financial situation continues to be complicated with the lack of a source of wealth and the project for a capital in Storm's End, leading the treasurers of the Golden Company to suggest that money needs to be found soon to fund the Targaryen Restoration.

Stannis Baratheon:
-Prestige: 8/10 .
-Gold: 500.000 GD. (Iron Bank funding, will grow if more victories are achieved)
-Legitimacy: 6/10.

Congratulations on your major victory, your grace! The prestige of House Baratheon is once again in the rise and many Northern and Stormlander Lords go back to your cause and the new backing provided by the Iron Bank after the loss of King's Landing could prove crucial, but the truth is that many challenges are still out there.

-The Nightfort is in turnmoil with the death of Queen Selyse, the Queensmen charging the Night's Watch with the crime and Lord Commander Denys Mallister asking the Baratheon forces to leave the Wall. The loss of your consort mandates that you grieve for some time, but many Lords whisper about the potential of a new Queen.

-Lord Bolton may be dead, but his bastard still has substantial forces in the Dreadfort and several houses sworn to him, which means the Northern campaign is not over. Lord Stark cautions that the Dreadfort is too strong to be assaulted, the Karstarks seem to be calling for mercy and the Umbers, Mormonts, Hornwood and others demand revenge.

-With the Great Council of the Vale providing a key chance to win support south of the Neck your Lords beg you to send a messenger and try to win them to your cause. Lord Stark has even said that you could rally the Tully-Arryn loyalists against the Targaryens, but just how feasible that is remains to be seen.

Euron Greyjoy:
-Prestige: 10/10.
-Gold: 800.000 GD.
-Legitimacy: 9/10.

-The Ironborn continue to suffer heavy losses in their campaigns, but both Oldtown and Lannisport have been succesfully sacked by the Ironborn, making you popular and rich. Many Lords have stated their desire to finish the occupation of the Shield Islands and march against Highgarden while House Harlaw advises a period of truce in which you could marry to win over more support and forces, but the final decision rests on you. News have also arrived of Princess Asha's intervention at the Battle of Meereen, which means you now have a member of your family near Queen Daenerys... and her dragons.

Doran Martell:
-Prestige: 7/10.
-Gold: 460.000 GD.
-Legitimacy: 10/10.

-Fortune smiles for the Martells once again despite the death of Oberyn and the misfortune of Obara, for you are now the Hand of the King and your daughter might marry the future King of Westeros (depending on how the military campaign goes). That said, many are divided on the road forward. Many agree that it's time to take revenge on the Tyrells and crush them while they are weak, others that it's necessary to focus on the fierce resistance of the Stormlords in the Dornish Marshes, and other voice their concerns over ignoring Daenerys Targaryen now that she seems to be an important force. Either way, it seems the Dornishmen are in a prime position to hold the best position at the court of King Aegon.

Willas Tyrell:
-Prestige: 4/10.
-Gold: 2.500.000 GD.
-Legitimacy: 8/10.

-Lord Willas, you have my condolences on the deaths of so many of your family members. It seems House Tyrell is at its most weak moment in living memory, given that the Great Fire has taken away a good deal of prestige, money and troops, not to mention that the Lords of the Reach start to rally behind Aegon. Lady Olenna and Lord Garlan report these as the main issues to solve:

-First, the issue of support during the war. Aegon VI seems like the best choice given that several bannermen have gone to him, but there are still some who believe that the Reach could always take a different route and declare its independence or back another claimant.

-Second, the issue of your father in law, Lord Tarly, who currently holds the Riverlands with a massive army. Lord Tarly is seen as loyal and dutiful, but should he change his loyalties then a big trump card might be lost to the Reach (along with the Tully family, currently in his power).

-Third, the ongoing Greyjoy invasion. While your forces have dealt significant damage to the Ironfleet, the Ironborn still hold half of the Shield Islands, which means that they are still a credible threat to Highgarden.

-Finally, it seems stripping House Florent of Brightwater Keep has caused a lot of resentment with other Houses and has halted a lot of the massive recruitment ordered by Lord Mace, which has made them likely to jump to Aegon's side (and reports indicate the Oakhearts may be very likely to jump sides).

Ramsay Bolton:
-Prestige: 3/10.
-Gold: 75.000 GD.
-Legitimacy: 6/10.

-As you sit on the walls of the Dreadfort with Locke, Reek and Myranda at your side it seems fortune has turned against House Bolton with the Winterfell disaster and the death of Lord Bolton. On the other hand, the alliance that sustains your House is mostly intact due to the fear of King Stannis's punishment, and while defending your lands could be complicated, your troops are more than enough to hold the Dreadfort for a very long time. It's a tough situation, but if you could outsmart Theon Greyjoy and pull off an impossible gambit once, it's not out of the question that you do so again.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 01:06:05 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2015, 11:51:21 PM by President LumineVonReuental »

POV's coming tomorrow (or today, it depends on your time zone). So far we will have Meereen (Daenerys), Storm's End (Arianne) and Braavos (Arya) as formal POV's.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2015, 12:49:54 AM »

Right, the update was a lot smaller than I was in mind. We were originally going to see a lot more developments, but I would be giving too much away and there are things better suited to the end of the turn.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 08:25:47 PM »

Two hours left, then I'll start writing the end of turn four. I should also note that another player has joined the game, his identity to be revealed in turn five.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 11:59:15 PM »

Mid to Late 300 AL: Aftermath:

Aegon VI's Invasion of Westeros:

Aegon Targaryen continued to reach success in the South as more and more houses pledged their loyalty, easily winning over most of the Tyrell bannermen and eventually the Tyrells themselves. King Aegon started to build up his small council and held over a successful wedding to Arianne Martell at Storm's End, increasing his legitimacy and cementing a firm alliance with Dorne. Using his new found manpower his alliance of houses achieved the following results:

Battle of Dragonstone: Reassembling the remnants of Lord Connington's force after the debacle of the Gullet, it fell on Tristan Rivers to led a renewed offensive towards the island of Dragonstone. Rivers cleverly attempted to separate the enemy fleet from the island and use fire arrows to secure his victory, forcing the Baratheons into desperation. Realizing that the wind pointed to the Targaryen/Pentoshi fleet, the Baratheon admiral chose to sacrifice most of his fleet to prevent the landing, using his own damaged fleet to set the enmy on fire. The battle raged across the evening, resulting in the death of Tristan Rivers and the destruction of most of his fleet. The Baratheons saved less than a dozen of their ships and put them to the defense of Dragonstone.

Stormlands Campaign: The Targaryen loyalists had virtually no trouble in securing the Kingswood, managing to link with Lord Rowan's forces and being the evacuation of the refugees of King's Landing (although some of them formed bands that started to raid Rosby and Duskendale). Despite their best attempts the sieges of the Dornish Marshes continued to be a failure, with only a couple of castles falling as a result. On the other hand, Lord Robert Cafferen defeated the Baratheon loyalists at Rain House, laying siege to most of the area. Bronzegate remains defiant, but lacking supplies.

Other: While most of the attention was directed to the Stormlands, House Hightower was succesful in forcing the surrender of House Beesbury, who were forced to bend the knee to Aegon. Alas, the venture into the Westerlands was a huge failure with the loss of the Goldegrove host in a failed attack at Silverhill, fiercely defended by Lord Serrett.

Stannis Baratheon's Northern Campaign:

Following the smashing victory of Winterfell it seemed that most of the North was willing to really behind King Stannis and Lord Stark against the Bolton loyalists, especially in light of King Robb's will. Wasting no time, both the Bolton and Baratheon forces moved to seize the initiative, leading to two major engagements:

Battle of Torrhen's Square: Hoping to strike at the flank of the enemy the Bolton Army of the Northeast led a daring move to secure the neck, easily capturing Torrhen's Square. They were found there by forces led by Galbart Glover, who had successfully crushed House Cerwyn a few days earlier. Outnumbered three to one, the Bolton forces were destroyed, leaving Lady Dustin as the main remaining foe in the area.

Battle of White Harbor: While Ramsay Bolton was nowhere to be seen his main forces departed from the Dreadfort in an attempt to destroy White Harbor, being intercepted by King Stannis and the force he was leading to reach the Vale in time. Taking advantage of their superior morale and the lack of expertice of Walton Steelshanks the Baratheons repelled the offensive, although most of the Bolton army managed to escape. A direct route from Winterfell to White Harbor was secured, allowing Stannis to depart to the Vale while the Stark forces refrained from attacking the Dreadfort.

Lord Jon Stark continued to rebuild Winterfell as more of his father's former bannermen joined his side, and he narrowly escaped death when Arnolf Karstark attempted to attack the remaining forces left at Winterfell, hoping to kill Stannis (who had already left for White Harbor). Hother Umber and Ser Godry Farring were killed in the ambush, which ended with Lord Arnolf's death at the hands of Ghost and the destruction of his remaining units.

Euron Greyjoy's v. the World:

While most of Westeros continues to reject Euron Greyjoy due to his cruelty and the unpopularity of the Ironborn, the Crow's Eye continues to be successful both in sea and in the fields, although his daring raids have raised concerns due to the potential for House Tyrell rising again to seek revenge. Despite provocations on both sides Victarion and the Tyrells did not engage in battle, leading Euron to shock Westeros with a massive operation across the Riverlands:

Sack of the Twins: Keeping most of his forces near Lannisport to scare the Lannisters, King Euron took several ships from Victarion's fleet to sail all the way to Seagard, crushing the Frey garrison and giving a shocked Lord Mallister control over most of his lands. It was around that time that Edmyn Frey was crushed at the battle of Oldstones, and the fall of Seagard tricked Balck Walder Frey into believing that Edmyn had sent a force to take the Twins and Edmyn into believing that the original garrison had defected to him. Both raced towards Seagard only to be ambushed by the Ironborn garrison in two separate encounters which resulted in the deaths of both Frey pretenders. In the meantime, King Euron and his men used the help of the Warlocks to surround and infiltrate the Twins, taking the small garrison by surprise. By the next morning the Twins were burning, most of House Frey was dead or imprisoned, and King Euron sent ravens to the entire region to promote his victory.

Grand Council of the Vale:

Knowing full well how crucial the support of the Vale would be at this stage of the war most of the Kings wasted no efforts in trying to secure the support of the Lords Declarant. Both King Euron and King Tommen sent their messages and their offers, the first one warning about Daenerys' arrival and the second offering a marriage to Princess Myrcella, both being mostly disregarded through the Council due to their respective circumstances. The main fight was to be held between Aegon Targaryen, represented by Lord Connington, and Stannis Baratheon, who chose to go himself after securing his victory near White Harbor.

The main role at the Council was apparently played by Lord Royce, who commanded Lord Connington to be taken prisoner at Gulltown along with his small escort, most of them being put to the sword. The debate of the Council was heated, but the tide was slowly sent towards Stannis due to his presence and the tale of his campaign in the North. Most of the Targaryen loyalists went silent one by one, leaving Lord Connington to be brought from his cell to try and make the decisive push for his King. It was then that Lord Royce (who had remained silent) claimed that the Vale's strength was its honor, and that Stannis was the only honorable choice. By the time the day was over, dozens of ravens left the Grand Council to proclaim to Westeros that the Vale of Arryn would side with Stannis Baratheon.

Trouble at Oldtown:

With the city of Oldtown barely starting to recover from the damaged sustained at the hands of King Euron, it fell on the Citadel to elect the third Grand Maester of that year, following the deaths of Grand Maesters Pycelle and Vaellyn. Having the fresh memory of Vaellyn's bad temper, the Citadel elected Archmaester Ebrose as the next Grand Maester. Despite the open condemnation of Euron Greyjoy and the sympathies for King Aegon, Ebrose decided to remain at Oldtown until the war made it safe for him the leave. The main trouble was the issue of the Faith of the Seven, left without a leader with the loss of the entire Most Devout at King's Landing. With Oldtown being the second most important place for the Faith, its septons quickly started to fight to elect a new High Septon, creating a rivalry between two candidates: Septon Rickard, fighting for the status quo, and Septon Gerris, who supported the rise of the Sparrows in Harrenhal and spoke in favour of reforming the faith. Both men are currently fighting for the city and inflaming the people with their speeches.

Daenerys sails to Volantis, Essos in shock:

Choosing to finally leave the Slaver's Bay after her victory at Meereen and the rise of Aegon Targaryen in Westeros, Daenerys Targaryen relinquished the Queenship and its powers to a Council of Freedmen, leaving many trained freedmen and some unsullied to keep the peace and hopefully put Astapor and Yunkai under control in the near future. Using the huge Volantene Fleet the Dragon Queen had favorable winds that led her just outside Volantis, setting the stage for a massive slave revolt that so far has taken control over most the city.

With the slave market currently halted due to Daenerys's campaign Lys, Myr and Tyrosh are also having chaos of their own as they try to prepare for eventual slave uprisings. The sellsword market has seen its prices go up due to this situation and the many companies crushed at Meereen, and so far envoys from Euron Greyjoy, Stannis Baratheon and Tyrion Lannister have been seen attempting to hire large numbers of mercenaries to fight in Westeros.

Confusion at the Riverlands:

Eight months have passed since the Red Wedding and the situation of the Riverlands is not a good one. Lord Randyll Tarly had succeeded in bringing some order to the region, but the orders to regroup his entire force at Riverrun have emboldened the outlaws into sacking entire towns. House Tyrell surprised the Riverlands by putting Edmure Tully and his family back in power at Riverrun, and while most of the Riverlords have recognized Edmure as their Lord they remain unwilling to join the war on Aegon's side, just as they are wary of Stannis due to their distrust of Jon Stark. The situation is all the more confusing due to the fall of House Frey and the Battle of Oldstones, the skirmishes at Seagard and the sack of the Twins, and current reports indicate that the sparrows have taken advantage of Harrenhal being defenseless to take the mighty fortress and claim it for the Faith of the Seven.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 12:27:27 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 02:08:31 PM by President LumineVonReuental »

Weddings, births and deaths:

Deaths: Hother Umber, Arnolf Karstark, Tristan Rivers, Black Walder Frey, Edmyn Frey, most of House Frey, Ser Godry Farring.
Weddings: Aegon Targaryen and Arianne Martell.
Births: None.

War of the Four Kings:

[King Tommen Baratheon: With the Ironborn refraining from further attacks and after repulsing the Targaryens at Silverhill, the Lannister/Baratheon alliance has used the past weeks to consolidate its position and reinforce the garrison of their castles. Lord Tyrion has filled its Small Council and the Kingsguard with Westerlander Lords and his sons to secure their loyalty, and the coin of Casterly Rock is being used to hire sellsword armies.

King Stannis Baratheon: Currently the man most likely to bring back the alliance that put Robert on the Iron Throne, Stannis has most of the North secured with the defeats of the Bolton loyalists, and he can now add the Vale to his allies, providing him with a fresh army and a great source of manpower and food in the beginning of a harsh winter. Can Stannis continue to succeed and rally the Houses that oppose the Targaryen legacy?

King Aegon Targaryen: Aegon has proved incredibly efficient when it comes to making allies, and despite Connington's humiliation at the Vale he now has most of the Reach behind him to support his Dornish and Stormlander forces. Alas, his commanders have not been very succesful at winning battles, the Stormlands refusing to yield in the middle of countless sieges and his identity still being in doubt despite rumours against Stannis and Daenerys. With his manpower and momentum he still has the advantage in the war, how long will it last?

King Euron Greyjoy: Still rejected by most Lords, Euron has at last scored some goodwill across the Riverlands with his treatment of Lord Mallister and his destruction of the hated House Frey, allowing him a direct shot at controlling the neck should he wish to risk a confrontation with Tarly's massive host. With Daenerys approaching, can he win her over?

Map:

Forces and Assets:

Aegon Targaryen:
-Army of Aegon VI: 2,200 strong, in Storm's End.
-Army of Selwyn Tarth: 3,500 strong, in the Kingswood.
-Army of Lord Meadows, 1,500 strong, in Bronzegate.
-Army of Mathis Rowan: 4,500 strong, in what used to be King's Landing.
-Army of Baelor Hightower: 5,600 strong, in Oldtown.
-Army of Robert Cafferen: 2,200 strong, in Rain House.
-Garrison of Goldengrove: 850 strong.
-Garrison of Tarth: 500 strong.
-Garrison of Griffin's Roost: 500 strong.
-Pentoshi Fleet: 8 ships, saling to Storm's End.
-Hightower Fleet: 14 ships, in Oldtown.

Stannis Baratheon:
-1 Fire Priestess (Melisandre)
-Dragonstone Garrison: 1,000 strong.
-Army of Galbart Glover: 2,800 strong, near the Barrowlans.
-Army of Wyman Manderly: 3,100 strong, in White Harbor.
-Army of Jon Stark: 3,500, near Winterfell.
-Army of Howland Reed: 500, near Moat Cailin.
-Army of House Massey: 1,200, near Massey's Hook.
-Garrisons in the Dornish Marshes: 2,000 to 3,000 (split in several castles)
-Garrison of Rain House: 300 strong.
-Garrison of Bronzegate: 500 strong.
-Other Garrisons in the Stormlands: 900 strong.
-Baratheon Fleet: 13 ships, near Dragonstone.

Euron Greyjoy:
-Pyke Fleet: 75 ships, 4,000 strong, in Pyke.
-Asha's Fleet: 12 ships, currently sailing to Volantis.
-Fleet of Lannisport: 179 ships, 8,100 strong, near Lannisport.
-Fleet of King Euron: 61 ships, 1,200 men, fleet and 300 men at Seagard and 1000 men at the Twins.
-Victarion's Ironfleet: 71 ships, 2,000 men, in the Shield Islands.
-Captured Qarth warlocks + Magic Horn.

Doran Martell:
-Army of Anders Yronwood: 11,700 strong and rising, in the Dornish Marshes.
-Army of the Prince's Pass: 8,000 strong and rising, in the Prince's Pass and the Reach frontier.
-Navy of Dorne: 14 ships, near Sunspear.
-Medium spy ring (South).

Willas Tyrell:
-Garrison of Highgarden: 4,700 strong, in Highgarden.
-Army of Randyll Tarly: 18,000 strong, in Riverrun.
-Army of the Mander: 4,500 strong, near Manderford.
-Army of Garlan Tyrell: 9,800 strong, near Oldtown.
-Navy of the Reach: 86 ships, in the Mander.
-Redwyne Fleet: 62 ships, in the Arbor.

Ramsay Bolton:
-Garrison of the Dreadfort: 1,000 strong.
-Garrison of Moat Cailin: 500 strong.
-Bolton Army of the North: 1,900 strong, near the Dreadfort.

Yohn Royce:
-Gulltown Fleet: 20 ships, in Gulltown.
-Main Army of the Vale: 10,000 strong, near the Eyrie.
-Several garrisons scattered through the Vale (I doubt it's necessary to name them all)
-Garrison of the Bloody Gate: 500 strong.
-Garrison of Runestone: 500 strong.
-Can call up to 40,000 men more, half of them readily available the other half on a slow basis.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2015, 12:42:57 AM »

Yohn Royce:
-Gulltown Fleet: 15 ships, in Gulltown.
-Main Army of the Vale: 10,000 men, near the Eyrie.
-Several garrisons scattered through the Vale (I doubt it's necessary to name them all)
-Garrison of the Bloody Gate: 500 men.
-Can call up to 40,000 men more, half of them readily available the other half on a slow basis.

Definitely not necessary, lol. You did say in this post that the Gulltown fleet was 20, and Runestone had a garrison 500 strong. Can you clarify those two things?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2015, 12:44:52 AM »

Yohn Royce:
-Gulltown Fleet: 15 ships, in Gulltown.
-Main Army of the Vale: 10,000 men, near the Eyrie.
-Garrison of the Bloody Gate: 500 men.

Definitely not necessary, lol. You did say in this post that the Gulltown fleet was 20, and Runestone had a garrison 500 strong. Can you clarify those two things?

Forgot to check back, Gulltown Fleet now has 20 ships, Garrison of Runestone updated.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2015, 01:05:45 PM »

Weddings, births and deaths:

Deaths: Hother Umber, Arnolf Karstark, Tristan Rivers, Black Walder Frey, Edmyn Frey, most of House Frey, Ser Godry Farring.
Weddings: None.
Births: None.
Arienne and I got married.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2015, 01:07:55 PM »

Corrected!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2015, 01:58:34 PM »

Since Tarly bent the knee to me, should his troops be under my command - rather than Tyrell?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 02:01:37 PM »

Also, if I'm not mistaken the map should show Moat Cailin as still being under Bolton control, given that the Bolton Garrison of Moat Cailin is still intact.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 02:07:50 PM by President LumineVonReuental »

Also, if I'm not mistaken the map should show Moat Cailin as still being under Bolton control, given that the Bolton Garrison of Moat Cailin is still intact.

I'll correct that.

Since Tarly bent the knee to me, should his troops be under my command - rather than Tyrell?

Given that House Tyrell bent the knee to you around the same time or earlier, Tarly and the rest of the Reach still technically count as Tyrell bannermen, which is why they are still under Willas's command. That is also why Rowan and Hightower are still under your command (they bent the knee before the Tyrells), a situation that will last until you relinquish control of them.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »

I'll correct that.

Given that House Tyrell bent the knee to you around the same time or earlier, Tarly and the rest of the Reach still technically count as Tyrell bannermen, which is why they are still under Willas's command. That is also why Rowan and Hightower are still under your command (they bent the knee before the Tyrells), a situation that will last until you relinquish control of them.

Thank you on the clarification.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2015, 09:20:24 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 11:07:47 PM by President LumineVonReuental »

Late 300 AL: Turn Five:

General View:

The year of 300 AL is almost at an end, and at this point most of Westeros has already pledged their loyalty to one of the Kings, the only Lords remaining neutral being in the Riverlands and the Crownlands. Stannis, Aegon, Tommen, Euron and the High Lords struggle for supremacy even without the Iron Throne existing anymore, all for the sake of the realm. And as they continue to fight and more houses continue to fall Daenerys Targaryen starts her journey to Westeros, currently fighting the Old Blood at Volantis. Essos and Westeros burn, and there's no end in sight...

Updated Cast:

Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne (Cranberry)
Yohn Royce, Lord of Runestone and Lord Regent of the Vale (Badgate)

Player Crisis:

Aegon Targaryen:
-Prestige: 6/10
-Gold: 150.000 GD. (New loans from Essos)
-Legitimacy: 5/10 (Marriage to Princess Arianne)

-More than a few months have passed since the beginning of the Targaryen Restoration, and while the situation is not entirely solid it positive in terms of the new vassals that have joined your forces. Alas, the loss of Lord Connington deprives you of a very capable advisor and general, and there are other concerns coming to court:

-Lord Varys has recently arrived in a boat having survived the Great Fire, but he returns scarred and in bad health. With his little birds starting to spread through Westeros again he will be of use, but he warns you that rumours are starting to appear regarding the Queen and Ser Arys Oakheart of the Kingsguard.

-Lords Rowan and Tarth have done the best they can to move refugees from King's Landing, but they report and the bands of outlaws are growing too strong and they request reinforcemens to ocupy Rosby and Duskendale. Lord Rosby and Ser Ronnet have been sent to you as prisioners.

-Several merchant ships carrying gold have arrived on the bay as a gift of Magister Illyrio, who has negotiated several loans with the Bank of Pentos. Finding a fleet is hard, he says, but he pledges to fight for your cause in the city.

-Finally, a troubling message arrives from Oldtown from Lord Hightower. The religious strife within the city is growing to dangerous levels as both Septons fight for the Faith, and both of them request your blessing as the new High Septon. Will you support one of the septons?

Stannis Baratheon:
-Prestige: 8/10 .
-Gold: 260.000 GD. (mercenary recruiting)
-Legitimacy: 7/10.

-The investigation into the Nightfort yields few results, but there's a growing suspicion that a member of the Night's Watch may have been involved in the assassination. Your advisers reccomend leaving the Nightfort for another castle to serve as your seat, as the safety of Princess Shireen is a major priority. Ser Axell Florent has returned in triumph from Braavos with a pledge of further funding, but Ser Davos has not returned from the mission in which he was sent by the Manderlys.

-With most of the North in control of the Starks it might be to your advantage to press Lord Stark to crush the remaining Bolton allies and secure the entire region to march South, but there is resistence among the Northerners to go south of the Neck once more iin light of what happened to Robb. It might not matter that much given the manpower you have gained from the Vale, but the forces personally sworn to House Baratheon are few and the Riverlands look in distrust.

-You have recieved several petitions of help from Dragonstone and the Stormlands, asking for support against the Targaryen forces that threaten or currently siege those places.

-Finally, a report from Braavos indicates that your mercenaries will be available rather soon (which means at the end of the turn).

Euron Greyjoy:
-Prestige: 10/10.
-Gold: 650.000 GD. (The Twins loot, minus mercenary recruitment)

-Another victory for House Greyjoy as your forces camp around the burnt remains of the Twins. House Frey is no more as few members have survived, but your captains question the wisdom of sitting in the Twins while the powerful forces of Randyll Tarly are near. With the Tyrells growing stronger each day, they beg you to secure the Shield Islands and attack the Reach once again, believing as they do that the Riverlands offer no worthy reward due to the devastation.

-Also, reports from your envoys at the Disputed Lands report that your mercenaries will be available rather soon (which means at the end of the turn).

Doran Martell:
-Gold: 440.000 GD.
-Legitimacy: 10/10.

-House Martell has now reached a high point in court, and many advise you that Dorne has to fully commit itself to Aegon's cause, although others would prefer to have the Reach making most of the serious efforts. Either way, several decisions have reached you as the Hand:

-It has been noted by Quentyn that despite having the Handship and Ser Aero Hotah the Dornishmen are few in Storm's End, and he has advised you to fill the court and the lesser positions with them to secure your influence.

-Despite the military manpower the fact remains that Aegon's only source of income is the loans from Essos and the ocassional plunder from enermy lands, and because of that Lord Peake has been pressuring you to loan funds to the Crown to continue operations and the construction of the new capital.

-Finally, and despite the truce between your house and the Tyrells, Obara Sand is still in Highgarden. Will you push for her release as Arianne and the Sand Snakes demand?

Willas Tyrell:
-Prestige: 5/10.
-Gold: 2.460.000 GD.
-Legitimacy: 8/10.

-Time has helped House Tyrell to recover from the past losses, and the lack of battles over the past weeks have managed to restore your prestige a bit. Still, some issues still need to be solved:

-While Lord Tarly is still under your command, it should be noted that Houses Hightower and Rowan are under the King's direct control due to them bending the knee before you. Will you ask for both Houses to be put under your command once again?

-The restoration of House Tully to Riverrun has been a success and Lord Tarly is quite popular with the Riverlords due to it, but he has expressed that sending all forces to Riverrun has been a mistake due to the rise of the outlaws and sparrows. Will you allow Edmure Tully to control his region once again, and will you accept Tarly's request and garrison more parts of the Riverlands?

-Finally, with Euron Greyjoy in the Twins Garlan has asked you to send forces against him as soon as possible to end his threat, although it does have its own risks with the Vale being hostile now.

Ramsay Bolton:
-Prestige: 2/10.
-Gold: 50.000 GD.
-Legitimacy: 4/10.

-Your ship has passed the Wall now, and with no enemies near it seems getting further North will be easier than expected. Locke still communicates with you via raven, and he reports that the situation grows dire with the loss of the two battles and Lord Karstark's failed plot. Still, the defenses of Moat Cailin and the Dreadfort are still strong, and he believes he can resist for a long time. In the meantime, your crew grows restless, Reek is as silent as even and Myranda's womb seems to be growing...

Yohn Royce:
-Gold: 500.000 GD. (Most of them being the reserves of House Arryn)

-The Vale has declared for House Baratheon, and it seems that as the most powerful of Stannis's vassals it will be up to the Knights of the Vale to form the main force that will fight the Targaryens. Your fellow lords raise the following issues:

-First, that it is almost assured that the Knights of the Vale will have to fight Tarly in the Riverlands, a thought which is not particularly reassuring. Most of the Lords ask you to raise as many men as possible to secure the region, and several of them are already fighting for the honor of leading the force.

-With Dragonstone constantly under attack it has been suggested that the Gulltown fleet could be used to defend the island and secure the North of the Narrow Sea, and it's up to you to make the decision.

-Young Lord Robert seems to be weakening due to the loss of his mother, and the Lords Declarant despair over his many flaws. What should be done about Lord Robert?

-Finally, your family has expressed that with three members old enough to marry (your son and your two daughters) it should be time for House Royce to close alliances with other houses.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2015, 05:43:25 PM »

I remind the players that the turn ends tomorrow, so those who haven't sent all of their orders please do so as soon as possible!

Updated Cast:

(I've asked Spamage and Mr. X to confirm their new characters, they will be added soon)

Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne and Hand of the King (Cranberry)
Yohn Royce, Lord of Runestone and Lord Regent of the Vale (Badgate)
Tyrion Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Lord Regent and Hand of the King (leonardothered)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies