Opinion of afleitch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:13:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of afleitch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: Opinion of afleitch  (Read 2952 times)
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 09:30:45 AM »

BRTD is so mad he dug up an Obama-era thread to drag one of the most popular users here.

Fun fact: when this thread was last active, Tom Cotton had been in the Senate for nine days.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 09:33:27 AM »

BRTD is so mad he dug up an Obama-era thread to drag one of the most popular users here.

Fun fact: when this thread was last active, Tom Cotton had been in the Senate for nine days.

Yeah I'm mad because part of my city is burning and he literally said it was "cool". Typically such things get people upset and might result in odd behavior.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2020, 09:57:24 AM »

FF
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2020, 09:58:43 AM »

I would rather have him dig up this old thread than start a new one just to attack him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2020, 10:11:04 AM »

I would rather have him dig up this old thread than start a new one just to attack him.
If anything I'm showing restraint when he celebrates part of my city being destroyed.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »

It's funny how consistent his political blindspots are, but that's true of most whose outward politics have shifted with professional-class sensibilities over the past decade.

That said, cheering on the destruction of an American city is a new low. I don't understand anyone who reacts to these images with anything other than horror.
Interesting how someone can transition into a generic edgelord archetype almost exclusively found amongst teenagers.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »

Meh. I'm not interested in going up to bat for the comment. I had a friends living in Baltimore in 2015 (including one about two miles from where Freddie Gray was apprehended) so I understand being frustrated at having a flippant comment made about things like this.

I just think it speaks to BRTD's characteristic (if not singularly defining) lack of maturity to be so incredibly performative and personal about his distaste that he'd dredge up an old, unrelated thread to complain about it instead of resolving the issue in situ. Even on this site of all places most posters have better ways of processing their emotions than this.

But maybe I am being too hard on him this time. At least now he's going after a person with clout instead of making mean-spirited opinion threads about posters with double-digit post counts or bashing a depressed teenager who hasn't logged on in 18 months.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2020, 01:41:19 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2020, 02:53:31 PM by lfromnj »

Not going to argue for a demodding based on being an edgy edgelord but
I find it hilarious how commies like aflteich think us Libertarians are out of touch with the average person but then cheer on the destruction of minority businesses or low income housing for THE REVOLUTION.
Yes but please go and lecture me and how you matured away from being an evil alt right classical liberal. You aren't any more mature than you were 10 years ago just because you aged and now think you actually understand trueTM politics.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2020, 03:02:04 PM »

What's so immature about being alt-right? Huh
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2020, 03:03:04 PM »

What's so immature about being alt-right? Huh

Its from his AMA IIRC and he said how he moved left and matured from being a classical liberal on the alt right pipeline.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2020, 03:34:46 PM »

FF
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2020, 03:37:06 PM »

I still sometimes chuckle about how he lectured me for making fun of Greta Thuneberg just days before announcing he and his husband would take a trans-Atlantic flight and then rent a car to travel the East Coast on.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2020, 05:49:45 PM »

For those scratching heads this is in response to a post on AAD.

To which I flippantly said 'Cool' to what was a very mundane concern thread over the riots in Minneapolis in which BRTD lamented the loss of his 'favourite Target' followed by;

Quote from: @afleitch" source="/post/511609/thread" timestamp="1590670505
Why are you expecting rationality in riots?

and

Quote from: @afleitch" source="/post/511611/thread" timestamp="1590670801
I mean bent coppers who apparently don't even live in the communities they serve murdered a man, people riot, police escalate the violence and commercial capitalism is targeted in a localised area. It's not exactly dystopic. They could have done worse.

Which apparently is me 'celebrating' and being 'an edgelord sh...'

Which is funny, because I am the furthest thing from being an edgelord.

And now BRTD has stomped off to here to performatively moan.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2020, 07:24:47 PM »

For those scratching heads this is in response to a post on AAD.

To which I flippantly said 'Cool' to what was a very mundane concern thread over the riots in Minneapolis in which BRTD lamented the loss of his 'favourite Target' followed by;

Quote from: @afleitch
Why are you expecting rationality in riots?

and

Quote from: @afleitch
I mean bent coppers who apparently don't even live in the communities they serve murdered a man, people riot, police escalate the violence and commercial capitalism is targeted in a localised area. It's not exactly dystopic. They could have done worse.

Which apparently is me 'celebrating' and being 'an edgelord sh...'

Which is funny, because I am the furthest thing from being an edgelord.

And now BRTD has stomped off to here to performatively moan.

Saying "Cool" is celebrating the riots and damage.

Do you not understand why I and many of my friends and family are REALLY F[INKS]ING TERRIFIED NOW and why being flippant and thinking having damage that could also affect our homes and jeopardize our safety is not "cool"?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2020, 07:33:04 PM »

These are some of the "cool" things going on I was also lamenting and not just the loss of my favorite Target.

-The air and environmental pollution caused by the smog and burning of products inside AutoZone.
-The destruction of an affordable housing complex under construction.
-The many non-Target small businesses damaged that may not be able to reopen.
-The fact that closure of all grocery stores and pharmacies in the area hampering access to essential supplies and even necessary medication for nearby poverty stricken areas.
-The likely surge in COVID-19 infections that will follow devastating said poor communities.
-The evacuation of most staff from a children's hospital.

I should do a poll asking which of those things is "cool"...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2020, 12:49:04 AM »

HOW F[INKS]ING COOL IS THIS

World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2020, 12:57:18 AM »

BRTD, is pursuing this beef and venting at/about afleitch making you feel better? Genuine question; it doesn't seem like it is, but I obviously can't read your mind.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2020, 12:58:10 AM »

BRTD, is pursuing this beef and venting at/about afleitch making you feel better? Genuine question; it doesn't seem like it is, but I obviously can't read your mind.
All I know is NOT doing so wouldn't.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2020, 01:40:32 AM »

Still FF but some of his posting last night was pretty terrible. Can see why BRTD would be peeved.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2020, 02:49:20 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 03:14:58 AM by afleitch »

Still FF but some of his posting last night was pretty terrible. Can see why BRTD would be peeved.

Of course. I just find it curious he choses to do so on this forum, rather than AAD.

I am sorry BRTD if it came over crass and tasteless and clearly there has been a serious escalation but it's not something I celebrate or glorify. At the time I said it, the focus of the conversation was on how people were being inconvenienced by the riots rather than the frustrations felt by those rioting and protesting which I felt was missing the point. I dont find the situation actually 'cool.'
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2020, 11:14:53 AM »

Of course. I just find it curious he choses to do so on this forum, rather than AAD.

I am sorry BRTD if it came over crass and tasteless and clearly there has been a serious escalation but it's not something I celebrate or glorify. At the time I said it, the focus of the conversation was on how people were being inconvenienced by the riots rather than the frustrations felt by those rioting and protesting which I felt was missing the point. I dont find the situation actually 'cool.'

Yeah like I haven't been calling for the cops' arrests too. I have many times, this was a thread specifically on rooting that affects me personally. Sorry that in my extreme fear and frustration I didn't take time to slap a disclaimer about that in every post. So I can't post about that without adding a bit about how the cops should be charged in every post?

Furthermore even that doesn't make the destruction of community impacting people who have nothing to do with police brutality "cool".
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2020, 02:37:23 PM »

HP.  I'll leave it at that, plus what BRTD said.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »

It takes a certain level of pettiness to necropost an opinion of thread to condemn a statement made by a poster. BRTD is an immense class act that triggers cringe at every turn.

On the poster in question, he’s a FF even outside of pissing BRTD off.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2020, 03:47:00 PM »

I honestly haven't been following the thread in question, but I've made my share of nasty, inconsiderate comments here too and I am glad that afleitch has clarified what he meant.  That bit aside, I've always found afleitch to be a thoughtful, empathetic poster and the forum would be worse off without him.  My original FF vote (which I made over five years ago) still stands.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2020, 04:18:10 PM »

FF
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies