Opinion of Tender Branson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:59:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Tender Branson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: FF or HP
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Opinion of Tender Branson  (Read 2509 times)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 09:33:37 AM »

FF, but I think he's actually more Islamophobic than politicus is.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2015, 10:27:58 AM by politicus »

I do not consider myself Islamophobic, since that implies being hostile to all Islamic traditions and that is far from the case. My view of Sufism is fx quite positive. I am just critical of certain aspects (especially gender related and the "law religion" aspect) about the dominant traditions and hostile towards Jihadism.
Plus I generally emphathize with Christian minorities in Muslim countries.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 10:04:19 AM »

How do you define "Islamophobic" in this context?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 10:09:51 AM »

How do you define "Islamophobic" in this context?

Bearish on the prospects presented by continued presence of significant numbers of Muslims in European society, beyond the qualms that (going to be perfectly blunt and honest here) the person leveling the charge of Islamophobia thinks the situation justifies (which, don't get me wrong, is nonzero). 'Islamophobic' may have been the wrong word, for the reasons that Tender himself just pointed out. He occasionally uses buzzwords that are classically Islamophobic, such as using the word 'Islamofascism' unironically, but I'll take his word for it that this isn't intended to communicate a generalized animus.

I'm actually with him (and politicus) in empathizing with Christian minorities in Muslim countries--though it needs to be remembered that these Christian minorities are culturally very different from Western Christians and so the instinct to think 'why, they're just like us!' isn't entirely called for and isn't really very respectful to them.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 12:17:35 PM »

Nathan, that's silly: Calling me an "Islamophobe".

I use the word "Islamofascist" for when it's fitting, like for the megalomanic moron Erdogan, who's currently running Turkey.

Even a young protester called him that recently and was arrested for it. Erdogan is the prime example of an Islamofascist and if you don't like it, I can't help you either.

I have nothing against the religion though, just against the fundies who frequently pervert it (and there are not few of them).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 12:21:26 PM »

I'm also in favour of setting up an "Atlas Court", in which I will file an action for injunction with regards to the smear campaign and false allegations against me by Kalwejt and Grumps.

This needs to be stopped, because new (and current) posters might get a false impression of me !

Now you know how poor, innocent opebo felt. Cry

Why is opebo banned and Tender isn't Huh

Because opebo's case was actually a case, unlike mine (which is only based on a mix of made-up stuff and asumptions from you and Grumps, which you keep on repeating and repeating).

Your support for krampusing children is not an assumption.

I have already refuted this lie/assumption earlier:

In addition to Krampus stuffing naughty kids into his bag* and punishing them with his rod (only figuratively-speaking, no child is ever hurt by a Krampus), there's also the Nudelsuppe-eating (noodle soup, with tiny pieces of Frankfurter sausages in it) on Dec. 24th.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 12:35:05 PM »

Both Tender's and politicus's views on immigration are hardly out of the ordinary for Europeans. Different political context (and politicus definitely knows what she's talking about most of the time, unlike internet Islamaphobes)

(although I do think Tender's worrying over Malthusian overpopulation crashes a bit OTT. The world faces an overconsumption crisis, that really is best alleviated by the West reducing its burden on the world, rather than commanding people in the third world to stop having babies)
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »

Nathan, that's silly: Calling me an "Islamophobe".

I use the word "Islamofascist" for when it's fitting, like for the megalomanic moron Erdogan, who's currently running Turkey.

Even a young protester called him that recently and was arrested for it. Erdogan is the prime example of an Islamofascist and if you don't like it, I can't help you either.

I have nothing against the religion though, just against the fundies who frequently pervert it (and there are not few of them).

...I admitted that 'Islamophobe' was probably not the right word.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 12:45:37 PM »

Both Tender's and politicus's views on immigration are hardly out of the ordinary for Europeans. Different political context (and politicus definitely knows what she's talking about most of the time, unlike internet Islamaphobes)

(although I do think Tender's worrying over Malthusian overpopulation crashes a bit OTT. The world faces an overconsumption crisis, that really is best alleviated by the West reducing its burden on the world, rather than commanding people in the third world to stop having babies)

I'm not "commanding people in the third world to stop having babies", I urge them to have no more than 2. It would be a start.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2015, 12:54:52 PM »

It's obvious Tender is simply trying to suppress his childhood trauma, originating one fateful Christmas.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2015, 12:55:47 PM »

Tender,  you do realize that these threads are for us to provide our opinions of you, not for you to try and refute every single goddamn post that makes you look bad, right?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »

It's obvious Tender is simply trying to suppress his childhood trauma, originating one fateful Christmas.

I have no trauma, LOL ... Tongue

Tender,  you do realize that these threads are for us to provide our opinions of you, not for you to try and refute every single goddamn post that makes you look bad, right?

I know, I'm only refuting lies and false assumptions. There's nothing wrong about it. I wonder how many voted HP just because they think all these lies are true ...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2015, 01:04:43 PM »

It's kind of cute how Tender is getting upset over every single post he's mentioned in, and how he feels compelled to provide a lengthy defense.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »

It's kind of cute how Tender is getting upset over every single post he's mentioned in, and how he feels compelled to provide a lengthy defense.

Yeah why not ?

If you 2 stop being a constant pain in the ass and stop posting sh*t, I will stop being a pain in the ass too.

Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »

Yeah why not ?

If you 2 stop being a constant pain in the ass and stop posting sh*t, I will stop being a pain in the ass too.

Wink

I do not negotiate with villains.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

I'm also in favour of setting up an "Atlas Court", in which I will file an action for injunction with regards to the smear campaign and false allegations against me by Kalwejt and Grumps.

This needs to be stopped, because new (and current) posters might get a false impression of me !

Now you know how poor, innocent opebo felt. Cry

Why is opebo banned and Tender isn't Huh

Because opdo is a horrible excuse for a human being and Tender Branson is a general good guy, who treat his fellow man with respect.

BTW voted FF.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2015, 06:50:05 PM »

Eine wahre Freiheit Kämpfer!
Pages: 1 [2]