Spanish elections and politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:14:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spanish elections and politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spanish elections and politics  (Read 373645 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: January 21, 2015, 01:11:09 AM »

Is José Maria Aznar an asset or an hindrance?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 04:51:33 PM »

For me Ciudadanos are rather centre-left not centre right. But that is the matter of different perspective probably.

Well, not everyone is on the far-right like you.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »

If PSOE backs a PP government, PSOE is dead. The new PASOK.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 05:56:45 PM »

I suspect it would have been better for PSOE if that bully had lost last regional elections.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 11:43:36 PM »

PSOE deserves bad results. Ironically, they would be in a much better shape if they lost Andalousia elections a few years ago.

Susana Diez and her ilk are the reason why left-wing parties are in bad shape in Europe. Because of people like her. Honestly, real left-wingers should vote PP in the next Andalousia elections, so she just disappear.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 01:51:02 PM »

That's true Rogier, although Spanish polls aren't very reliable. But the point i was stretching is that there is no alternative, at the moment, to Mr. Rajoy. Trying to block him could be counterproductive. Remember the 2016 election.

This hole Murcia scandal is what has stained the relations between the PP and C's. The C's wants the current President ousted and a new PP president sworn in or new elections. All of this because of the PP money schemes. If an election is held again in Murcia, polls show there would be a repetition of the 2015 election results.

Do you know who is going to run for the PSOE leadership, apart from Susana Diaz? Is she the favourite?
Pedro Sanchéz, former PSOE leader, and Patxi Lopéz, former president of the Basque Country. At the moment polls are favouring Sanchéz and Lopéz. Susana Diaz is polling in third place, perhaps because she is delaying and delaying her announcement.

But i wouldn't read to much the polls. In 2014 Sanchéz was behind, but close, to Eduardo Madina and he end up winning by more 12 points. It will be an interesting race to watch as two moderate PSOE leaders face Sanchéz who wants an approximation with Podemos.

Moderate? Diaz would be in PP if she was living elsewhere than Andalusia.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 01:41:31 AM »

Good to see when crypto-PP Diaz is polling badly.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 09:11:09 PM »

Hmm, I wonder if a PSOE-C's coalition with Podemos supply is at all possible.

1. C's and Podemos are fundamentally opposed over the Catalan issue. C's probably prefers Article 155 to the current events, while Podemos is fine with the Catalan govt holding a referendum. If the unstable Spanish government is brought down over Catalonia, this government won't come into being.

2. The poll posted with seat projections had PP+C's having a confident majority, far removed from the troubles of the current government. That would be the government forming in the event of new elections.
If only Susana Diaz had won...

If Susana Diaz won, the three major parties would be PP, C and Podemos. C does already have the centrist centralist electorate and electors usually prefer the original.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 04:04:50 PM »

If PSOE and Citizens combined got over 175 seats (or close enough they could do a deal with some regional parties) - could they forma  government together and dispense with the need to accommodate PP and Podemos altogether? 

No regional party would ever want to support a government with Citizens in.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 05:12:04 PM »

Why so much cheering for a ethnic-nationalist party?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 08:33:35 PM »

How is Cs an "ethnic nationalist" party? They've adopted harsher rethoric against peripheral nationalisms but that's it. I don't think they are worse than say, the 00s PP, which collected signatures against the Catalan estatut.

Or the old UPyD, which actually did have in it's manifesto to take away some devolved powers (most notably healthcare and education) and give them back to the central government.

If it were VOX we were talking about (or God forbid, some of the tiny fascist parties like say, Falange, aka Franco's party) then sure. But Cs is just another liberal party with harsh rethoric against peripheral nationalism like UPyD.

Which is a wordy way of saying "castillan nationalism".
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 08:21:37 AM »

Because Podemos, PSOE not under Susana Diaz, and PP suck. Also, I see a glimmer of hope for an Iberian En Marche!

Why would any country want to copy plutocratic En Marche, Jenkinsite?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 06:48:03 PM »

The previous post, like many others, ignores the fact they are a Castillan nationalist party.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 05:59:37 PM »

I'm surprised UPyD is still kicking around. Why voting for them when C's exist?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »

Anyways, the root of all this are the punishments that the prosecutors are seeking. In my opinion they are completely ridiculous. 25 years for organizing a referendum that resulted in nothing but symbolism? I wouldn't be surprised if Patrick Nogueira (who killed several memebers of his family) gets a shorter sentence. I get the embezzlement charges, the money came out of somewhere, but rebellion?

Insecure Castillans need to prove their culture is superior by oppressing other cultures.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 05:35:33 PM »

Congrts centrists! You made the far*right vote again with your terrible candidates (Diaz, here).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies