Spanish elections and politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:34:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Spanish elections and politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spanish elections and politics  (Read 369806 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: January 27, 2015, 11:08:29 AM »

La Razón's subheadline is 'nos gusta España'? LOL.

Oh great posts btw. Please continue.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 02:47:54 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2015, 09:06:24 AM by Tetro Kornbluth »

So could someone with knowledge in Spanish and Spanish politics explain this (!WARNING! this election poster might be deemed inappropriate by prude Americans!) to me.

I was browsing information about Ciudadanos when I came across it. What does it say? Is it really a real election poster, or a parody?  

With my limited Spanish I can tell you what it says, what precisely they are trying to convey is another thing

"Your Party has arrived" (Ha nacido = has been born)

"The only thing which matters to us are people" - Alberto Rivera, C's candidate for the Catalan parliament

"We don't care where you were born
We don't care what language you speak
We don't care what clothes you wear
We care about you"
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 05:27:25 PM »

Can someone tell me what has happened in Soria - PSOE have gotten the most votes but PP have by far the most councillors.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 05:45:12 PM »

Can someone tell me what has happened in Soria - PSOE have gotten the most votes but PP have by far the most councillors.

In the provincial total PSOE gets more votes but less councilors than PP. However, in the town of Soria (the capital) PSOE has a big lead getting 47% of the vote and a majority of councilors. Maybe PSOE has won in other provincial centres, but PP must have won in most of the small municipalities. The province has a lot of municipalities with less than 1000 votes, a councilor is "cheaper" in those places.

Right. That's kind of what I thought.

Looking at the local results now - Podemos and their affiliates didn't put a lot of effort in running on councils outside the major centers, did they?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 06:09:27 PM »

The results in Madrid municipal districts are fun to watch too (available in the official site).

Manuela Carmena gets 49.1% in Centro to Esperanza Aguirre's 26.5%. That district includes the Lavapiés neighbourhood, which is the birth place of Podemos. Esperanza Aguirre gets 52.3% in Salamanca and Carmena 20.8%. In Puente de Vallecas PP comes third (18.1%) behind AM (42.2%) and PSOE (25%).

In Barcelona there are huge differences between districts. Better with maps, I guess.

Oh,of course

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 07:00:06 AM »

Wait, are Convergence and Union still running in the general?

Why wouldn't they? SNP runs for the Commons.

In Catalonia, CiU have split into their component parts over the issue of Catalan Independence. The 'C' part is running on the joint nationalist issue in the election this September while the 'U' part is running on its own.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 02:05:13 PM »

RTVe has PP + C's eight seats short of a majority

Oh dear...
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 03:45:42 PM »

Anyone have any idea why if you add up seats in

http://resultadosgenerales2015.interior.es/congreso/#/ES201512-CON-ES/ES

it comes out to 343 but there are 350 seats overall.  Are 7 reserved for various Spanish territories in other time zones ?

On the graphic on the top left if you put your mouse over the furthest right part of the semicircle, which is in grey, it says "7 sin asignar" which means "7 unassigned". Now I don't know why those 7 seats haven't been given to any party yet but that is what it says.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 06:11:28 PM »

It's more that PODEMOS are weakest in the Castillian heartland.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 08:59:09 PM »

I find the one of the more interesting regional oddity is C's pathetic result in its home region.

C's vote in Catalonia is limited by the fact that they are the mostly openly anti-Catalan language party.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 07:07:02 PM »

http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/politica/Felipe-Gonzalez-PP-PSOE-Podemos_0_2624737511.html

Felipe Gonzales leaps further into senility and calls for a pact with the PP followed with electoral reform to a two round system a la France to make sure that PODEMOS never obtains power (because Marine Le Pen and PODEMOS are the same threat apparently)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies