🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:20:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 68508 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: February 22, 2017, 06:33:31 PM »

If a White person brought this idea up to another White person, the other White person would freak out and report them. If a White person brought this up to 9 other White people, at least one of them would.

Seriously, how do 9 people agree to commit a gang rape? This kind of conspiracy is only possible because of the morally backwards, intellectually stunted culture these people come from.

Clearly you haven't heard about what happened in Berlin at the end of WW2. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32529679

Anyway, obviously this is terrible but rape victims are a severely misunderstood group of people.  It's one of the most under reported crimes because of how humiliating it is, particularly because it usually happens among people you know very well and have to see over and over again each time you walk down the street or through a hallway at work or at school, reliving what happened each time.  It makes sense that reporting would be higher for people you don't know, especially people that police and society at large might be more willing to take your side against.  Because as you might have noticed, the burden to prove what happened is on the victim and a lot of times it's not easy to prove.  That's not to say these incidents are excusable or that they don't need to be addressed, but seriously, spare me the cultured white people BS.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:42:23 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 08:44:05 PM by Siren »

If a White person brought this idea up to another White person, the other White person would freak out and report them. If a White person brought this up to 9 other White people, at least one of them would.

Seriously, how do 9 people agree to commit a gang rape? This kind of conspiracy is only possible because of the morally backwards, intellectually stunted culture these people come from.

Clearly you haven't heard about what happened in Berlin at the end of WW2.

The fact that you're literally reaching back to the Battle of Berlin aftermath in 1945 is really telling.

It tells that I've read some history books I guess?
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:34:04 PM »

Siren, I really dislike the implications that some posters are trying to draw from this, but reaching back to the social trauma of people at the epicenter of one the most destructive events in history for a comparison does not suggest to me that this is just something to be expected as a matter of the normal, everyday criminality that every society experiences.

That's a fair point.  I'm not really trying to say this kind of thing is normal, but I think there are some important lessons from it.  The stories from the German victims show the intense humiliation that people feel when they've been raped and how it makes many of them really unlikely to want to tell anyone.  They felt ashamed at what their country had done but also were afraid that nobody would believe them because they were untrustworthy or worse, being afraid that people would say they deserved it because they were Germans.  So when victims are afraid no one will believe them, they are less likely to report. 

It also shows that people are capable of truly barbaric things when they've gone through incredible hardship (yes, even white people!)  Refugees are coming from a very bad situation, so if they arrive in a new environment that's kind of unknown, and they remain poor or don't have a job, it's going to create some problems.  Just like when people try to point to inner city black crime rates, and try to say oh it's the black culture when it's actually the living conditions. 

It's understandable that people see crime statistics from refugees and immediately want to ban them all, but that means closing the door to people literally running from genocide.  I've been to refugee shelters here in New York and seen the smiling children, running around and playing just like normal kids, pointing to maps and showing you happily where they grew up until they smile and say "bye!" when it's time for them to go to their English class.  It might take some extra work to help them get going in society, but I'm prepared to do it.  They don't deserve to die.  I don't really know how European refugee shelters and policies are handling the situation, but my guess is that their solution is too bureaucratic and doesn't have enough understanding of the human condition.  They might need some extra help coming from the circumstances they do, but that doesn't mean they're bad people.  Anyone would be messed up coming from a situation like that. 

And that's not even counting all of the examples of refugees who have done great things like Nadia Nadim, an Afghan refugee that fled the Taliban when they murdered her father.  Now she plays on the Danish national soccer team and founded several clinics in Denmark to help hungry children, while studying at university to be a doctor.  If Denmark didn't take her in, she would probably just be a body in the ground somewhere.  It just goes to show what good people can do for society when given the chance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies