🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:19:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 68307 times)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« on: December 29, 2017, 09:59:24 AM »

Another year is over and Vienna had 17 murders this year (a rate of 0.9/100.000 people).

Compared with Philly (315 murders so far), the rate is 20/100.000.

Those new Syrian refugees must be busy not murdering each other.

Once again, you are misinterpreting these numbers:

We have imported additional crimes by allowing this uncontrolled mass immigration to happen.

Crimes that would have otherwise not happened. Many young Austrian/German/Swedish etc. women would be unraped now and many people would not be dead now or beaten up.

Apart from Donald Trump's latest "let's mock the climate change" tweet, this is literally the dumbest thing I had to read all week. I feel like Tender owes me money as compensation for having to endure reading this post.

Why is that dumb? Crime in any society increases with a higher share of young males, if those young males come from violent societies and disproportionally have been through traumatic events this will significantly increase the effect.

Because migrants commit crimes against non-migrants. Non-migrants commit crimes against migrants. Migrants commit crimes against other migrants. And non-migrants commit crimes against other non-migrants. The idea that you can calculate some kind of balance sheet where you put the pure "migrant perpetrator"/"non-migrant victim" ratio against the pure "non-migrant perpetrator"/"migrant victim" ratio while completely deducting the migrant-against-migrant crimes and non-migrant-against-non-migrant crimes so in the end you have a pure net balance which shows which group has "scored" higher against the other group is simply preposterous and also intellectually offensive. It also happens to be racist thinking, because among other things it inevitably places higher value on a non-migrant victim of a crime than a migrant victim.
Of course you can calculate those ratios, while deducting committed crime within the two groups. The information exists and the rest is basic arithmetic. The problem is that some people don't want to make these results because they are afraid of the results.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
And from the point of view of Austria this is preferable. No country can be expected to show the same kind of interest in its own security than that of the world as a whole.

GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:00:26 AM »

Another year is over and Vienna had 17 murders this year (a rate of 0.9/100.000 people).

We have imported additional crimes by allowing this uncontrolled mass immigration to happen.

Crimes that would have otherwise not happened. Many young Austrian/German/Swedish etc. women would be unraped now and many people would not be dead now or beaten up.

Apart from Donald Trump's latest "let's mock the climate change" tweet, this is literally the dumbest thing I had to read all week. I feel like Tender owes me money as compensation for having to endure reading this post.

Why is that dumb? Crime in any society increases with a higher share of young males, if those young males come from violent societies and disproportionally have been through traumatic events this will significantly increase the effect.

Because migrants commit crimes against non-migrants. Non-migrants commit crimes against migrants. Migrants commit crimes against other migrants. And non-migrants commit crimes against other non-migrants. The idea that you can calculate some kind of balance sheet where you put the pure "migrant perpetrator"/"non-migrant victim" ratio against the pure "non-migrant perpetrator"/"migrant victim" ratio while completely deducting the migrant-against-migrant crimes and non-migrant-against-non-migrant crimes so in the end you have a pure net balance which shows which group has "scored" higher against the other group is simply preposterous and also intellectually offensive. It also happens to be racist thinking, because among other things it inevitably places higher value on a non-migrant victim of a crime than a migrant victim.
Of course you can calculate those ratios, while deducting committed crime within the two groups. The information exists and the rest is basic arithmetic. The problem is that some people don't want to make these  calculations because they are afraid of the results that will show up.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
And from the point of view of Austria this is preferable. No country can be expected to show the same kind of interest in its own security than that of the world as a whole.

GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 02:48:49 PM »

Mr. Branson, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Copying someone else's quote does not make you look smart, especially when unlike you the other person is using elementary logic.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 04:55:12 PM »

Good for Austria. I think it's also high time for only imams educated in the EU to be allowed to preach in EU mosques. Many other professions have such requirements, so why shouldn't this apply to the imams, when it has been repeatedly shown how dangerous their influence can be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies