🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:20:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 68180 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: February 22, 2017, 12:23:00 AM »
« edited: March 11, 2017, 08:01:34 AM by Zadig »

I'm sure White Europeans would neeeeveeerrrr do anything like thiz

But the Austrian state  only has a responsibility to look after it's citizens, anybody else is only there as a privilege. The rapes committed by the local are an unfortunate and unavoidable reality, but those are natural burdens every society has to deal with. What makes this behavior more heinous, on top of the rape, these men went out of their way to backstab the society that took serious risks in letting them into their metaphorical house. Yes we do have a right to expect gratitude from those that are let in.

But I also agree with this.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 04:30:41 PM »

As usual, anti semitism is almost exclusively a symptom of the far right and radical Islam. Left wing anti Zionists are, in my experience, some of the most decent, accepting people out there.

Sure, they're very accepting of terrorist organizations killing their own people and targeting civilians. They even support these organizations. Nice guys.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 05:27:58 PM »

As usual, anti semitism is almost exclusively a symptom of the far right and radical Islam. Left wing anti Zionists are, in my experience, some of the most decent, accepting people out there.

I don't think it is possible to be anti-zionist and not be anti-semitic, because the entire position relies on the argument that Jewish nationalism is somehow uniquely unacceptable.

That said, right wing anti-semitism is clearly a thing and people should recognise this.
Question: is it anti-semitic or anti-zionist to fully recognize that Israel should exist and that it is in fact better on human rights than many other nations in the area, but also to say that it might want to treat Palestinians better?

That's a 100% legit position many of my friends hold. In fact, even I hold it to an extent, just that I see most of the unoptimal treatment as a result of the Palestinian refusal to compromise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies