🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:27:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 67933 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: February 23, 2017, 07:14:24 AM »

Why do you write it as "refugees"?
Because you aren't an actual refugee if you're crossing numerous safe countries simply to go to the country where you can get the most benefits.

Anyway, my thoughts on issues like this (not calling it an incident, it is a pattern) should be well-known by know.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »

can't really blame the real syria refugees who are rarely ever in the news.
I don't. If I were Syrian, I would absolutely do the same and move to Sweden (or Austria, or Germany, or the Netherlands), and so would every rational human being. I blame countries in Europe for not closing their borders.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »

what?  all those videos of the "refugees" tossing full cases of water on the train tracks, grabbing boxes of things that were supposed to be handed out individually, forcing young children to look way more in distress than they actually are and stealing sh**t off the back of trucks/lorries doesn't look like "great anxiety" to you?

I dunno, the fact that over 5000 refugees drowned in The Mediterranean suggest the decision isn't some amusing lark either.
Excellent argument to stop giving them hope and just tell them that anyone who crosses the sea has to go back anyway. If they are all sent back, they will stop coming. It is the Europeans who create the incentive for people to try their luck and drown. Because keeping our borders open "feels good".
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2017, 09:50:41 AM by DavidB. »

Not sure if serious. And cutting off the WiFi is now a "desperate measure"?

Anyway, RIP McDonald's.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 02:11:04 PM »

Left wing anti Zionists are, in my experience, some of the most decent, accepting people out there.
lol
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 01:12:06 PM »

Do no white Austrians commit crimes for you to report on? Or do you prefer to focus on the minorities?
Triggered?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 03:54:27 PM »

Now also in the Dutch right-wing media, Tender!

http://www.dagelijksestandaard.nl/2017/07/tunesische-kansenparel-vermoordt-oostenrijks-echtpaar-omdat-hij-een-voorbeeld-wilde-stellen/
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 06:58:08 AM »

Once again, you are misinterpreting these numbers:

We have imported additional crimes by allowing this uncontrolled mass immigration to happen.

Crimes that would have otherwise not happened. Many young Austrian/German/Swedish etc. women would be unraped now and many people would not be dead now or beaten up.

Apart from Donald Trump's latest "let's mock the climate change" tweet, this is literally the dumbest thing I had to read all week. I feel like Tender owes me money as compensation for having to endure reading this post.
"If we would not have taken in as many refugees, there would be fewer instances where refugees raped women or killed people" sounds like basic logic to me, but okay.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 01:40:17 PM »

Austria leads the way.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 12:36:31 PM »

Is it just in America where we hold freedoms of speech and religion as sacred? It sounds like many of the European posters in this thread agree with this, while I know of many Americans, from far-right to far-left, that would see this as violating freedoms of religion.
Yeah, I don't think radical imams (foreign-funded or not) should have a right to spread their hatred in our societies and intoxicate the minds of their followers with ideas that do not have a place in Europe, prevent integration, and cause the distance between Muslim communities and mainstream society to increase: it's bad for everybody involved to allow this.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 07:50:19 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2018, 08:02:00 PM by DavidB. »

I will say that most of those radicalised by Isis have not done so in mosques. Which is not to say that the salafi mosques are not an issue, but I don't know how important they are in the specific context of violent jihadism.
Yeah, I think here they were mostly not welcome in mosques, and those who have gone that far down the rabbit hole are also likely to be paranoid enough to avoid going there, as intelligence services usually know damn well in which mosques they should have infiltrators and sources. Those who are at that stage of radicalization usually meet up in living rooms. Radicalization often does start in these mosques though.

Not completely convinced salafism was the issue here, even though Kurz and Strache did mention political Islam, because they also talked about far-right extremism and ties to the Grey Wolves. That's a whole different issue, I'd say. At least organizations tied to the Grey Wolves here are associated with different types of problematic behavior (violent crime, mafia stuff, intimidation of political opponents in other Turkish organizations), but not with salafism, which is more of a problem in Arab than in Turkish mosques in the first place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies