🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:28:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 25
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 67893 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: January 15, 2019, 03:26:01 PM »

About 70-90% of murder victims are women, which is abnormally high in an international context.

More like 58.5%. That is during the first eleven months of 2018, according to the Austrian Ministry of Interior:

https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article187072758/Vier-Opfer-in-zwei-Wochen-Die-toten-Frauen-von-Oesterreich.html

https://www.wienerzeitung.at/nachrichten/wien/stadtleben/1013167_Immer-mehr-Frauen-als-Mordopfer.html
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #426 on: January 21, 2019, 11:37:45 AM »

32-year old Macedonian woman killed by her 36-year old Macedonian husband today, who stabbed her to death in a parking lot of a supermarket.

https://derstandard.at/2000096760199/32-Jaehrige-nach-Stichen-in-den-Halsbereich-in-Tulln-gestorben

That's the 5th murder in 3 weeks.

All of the victims so far were women. 4/5 killers were foreigners. 4/5 murders took place in Lower Austria, 1 in Vienna.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #427 on: January 21, 2019, 12:00:33 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2019, 10:52:19 AM by Kalwejt »

1000 people came to a vigil in a small town in Lower Austria for the murdered 16-year old Austrian girl, who was killed by her boyfriend from Syria.

Today, another march is planned with more people to protest the recent wave of killings against women.

Omega21

« Reply #428 on: January 22, 2019, 10:04:04 AM »

32-year old Macedonian woman killed by her 36-year old Macedonian husband today, who stabbed her to death in a parking lot of a supermarket.

https://derstandard.at/2000096760199/32-Jaehrige-nach-Stichen-in-den-Halsbereich-in-Tulln-gestorben

That's the 5th murder in 3 weeks.

All of the victims so far were women. 4/5 killers were foreigners. 4/5 murders took place in Lower Austria, 1 in Vienna.

Just a quick correction, he is Albanian.

Not like it matters very much, the poor woman is gone anyway.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #429 on: January 24, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »

Just discovered this thread, and oh my......

Tender is even more off his nut than I thought. Which is saying a lot.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #430 on: January 25, 2019, 05:16:14 AM »

It comes across as a close-minded obsession which made me wonder about its psychological causes more than anything else tbh.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #431 on: January 25, 2019, 06:43:14 AM »

He's posting about crime in Austria, and if the thread title is any indication, he's not being coy about it.  I understand the details might be a little embarassing to some political stripes, but that's ok, those people have a million things to be offended by (aren't the sheep still focused on a smirk and a hat?), this is just a blip.  Just drop by every few months to remind us that you're better and forget about it the rest of the time.  You'll need your energy for the next recrational outrage anyway.  I heard a black lesbian in a MAGA hat just got harassed inline at a CVS by a white lady while a bunch of Mountain Jews ran by eating bok choy and screaming about the gold standard.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #432 on: January 25, 2019, 06:45:54 AM »

He's posting about crime in Austria, and if the thread title is any indication, he's not being coy about it.

Actually I'm the one who named this thread when I merged dozens of separate threads made weekly by our friend Tender into one megathread.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #433 on: January 25, 2019, 08:03:52 AM »

He's posting about crime in Austria, and if the thread title is any indication, he's not being coy about it.  I understand the details might be a little embarassing to some political stripes, but that's ok, those people have a million things to be offended by (aren't the sheep still focused on a smirk and a hat?), this is just a blip.  Just drop by every few months to remind us that you're better and forget about it the rest of the time.  You'll need your energy for the next recrational outrage anyway.  I heard a black lesbian in a MAGA hat just got harassed inline at a CVS by a white lady while a bunch of Mountain Jews ran by eating bok choy and screaming about the gold standard.

Ignoring the impertinent polemics, insults, and general rudeness for this post for a minute, it seems to me that Tender gets carried away way too much in his "un-coyness".

Aside from the fact that in his single-mindedness he's become apparently almost incapable to care about any other problems in the world (poverty? unemplyoment? environment? climate change? education? corruption? international crises? crime committed by non-Muslims? right-wing extremism? ), his view on facts the also seems to have started to get a bit distorted. Obvious example from the recent past would be his repeated claim in this thread that "90% of all murder victims in Austria are women", while in fact that number continues to lie between 55% and 60% (which means that more women than men are killed which is indeed a problem, but it's far from 90% which by the way would probably be a mathematical impossibilty).

Another thing that tends to annoy me about Tender is a certain discrepancy when it comes to his view on women. I seem to a remember a post by him from a year ago or so which in my eyes  bordered very closely on sexual harrassment towards Virginia. Another post that comes to mind was recently from this thread were Tender commented about a murdered women with words like "too bad, she was hot" (if she had been ugly, her murder would have been less bad?). This may have been some of the worst, but not the only examples were he came across as a bit... off. And that doesn't really seem to fit with his supposed concern for the well-being of Austrian women either. So I did wonder what's exactly going on in his head for a while. I hope it isn't a case of "damn, I'm unable to get a hot woman into my bed myself, while those stupid Muslims just rape them!". In any case, I was never able to believe that Tender's concern was fully... authentic.

As for myself... I admit that I tend to be easily triggered by topics like this. Let me explain where this comes from. I grew up in the 1990s in the East German state of Saxony-Anhalt. It certainly isn't the most political correct place on Earth. That starts with my own father who's the kind of guy who to this day comments "here comes the Balkan mafia" when he sees a couple of Southern European looking man walking on the streets. But that's just - as you put it - a blip.

For instance, in my high school class was a group of boys who to put it bluntly were very much into racism. On one school trip, they convinced the driver of our bus to play some of their right-wing extremist music on the loudspeakers of the bus. The lyrics of one song was something along the lines of "Stab the Turk into his belly 20, 30, 40 times..." I remember that the bus driver happened to enjoy these songs very much. What I don't recall is an intervention by the accompanying teachers or any other noticable repercussions from or debate about that or similar incidents. Unfortunately, around the same time I happened to be frequent victim of bullying attacks from the same groups of boys. The worst incident I'm able to remember in that regard is to be spat upon by them for their entertainment. And going by some Facebook profiles I've seen in recent years many of these classmates seem to have grown into argent AfD voters nowadays. And I certainly wouldn't rule out that things got blended a bit in mind so that I started equating saying negative things about immigrants with being bullied or something.

Several depressions and a psychotherapy later the European refugee crisis of 2015 happened and I was working at a job where I quickly learned that refugee crisis must have been a welcome pretext for many people to finally act like the assholes they always wanted to be. Suddenly I found myself filing complaints with the police or being subpoenad as a court witness, mostly due to death threats we received. People started to describe in detail how they wanted to poke out the eyes and cut off the tongue and rape people who supported more liberal immigrations policies. Or that they intended to buy a Kalashnikov for the same reason. And this went on on almost a daily basis for more than a year. Fair to say that this experience changed me. I seem to recall that 10 or more years ago I tried to put a lot in emphasis on being the reasonable, moderate, consensus-oriented guy. It was sometime during 2016 that I simply stopped to care about such things. Now I often simply wanted to see the world burn.

As for why I recently returned to this forum.... to tell you the truth I was on sick leave until last week for worsening depression and insomnia and therefore I had not much to do at home. I'm on antidepressents again now (the last time was 2015-2017) so things are starting to get a bit better right now.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: January 25, 2019, 10:53:48 AM »

(huge post)

There is nothing wrong with posting about these things. And you can interpret what you want.

Fact is, these things need to be addressed and measures taken to prevent future such cases. The best way to do so is to deport (or not let into the country) the people who are responsible for 50% of the rape and murder cases here (you cannot deport the Austrians). If fewer of the culture-hostile people are coming and more of those that are already here are deported, a lot of women can be saved from being raped in the future and many people prevented from being killed.

That's quite a common-sense thing (even though I fully understand that you guys don't agree, because according to you it doesn't matter if some more people are being raped and killed).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: January 25, 2019, 11:00:28 AM »

@ Old Europe:

Sad to hear the thing with the depression and anti-depressants. I hope you get well soon and I want to notice that it is nothing against you or any other personally, but more the naive, stubborn politically-correct ideology behind you guys that you think cannot be changed. It can and it is good that these developments are changed.

Also: I referred to 80-90% of murder victims being women here, this is correct. But is was more about the recent murders, where in fact 80-90% were women. In 2019 so far, there were 5 murders and all 5 were women. So, 100%. It doesn't really matter if it's 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% or 100%. We have a problem when more than 52% of murder victims are women.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: January 25, 2019, 11:20:29 AM »

For instance, in my high school class was a group of boys who to put it bluntly were very much into racism. On one school trip, they convinced the driver of our bus to play some of their right-wing extremist music on the loudspeakers of the bus. The lyrics of one song was something along the lines of "Stab the Turk into his belly 20, 30, 40 times..." I remember that the bus driver happened to enjoy these songs very much. What I don't recall is an intervention by the accompanying teachers or any other noticable repercussions from or debate about that or similar incidents. Unfortunately, around the same time I happened to be frequent victim of bullying attacks from the same groups of boys. The worst incident I'm able to remember in that regard is to be spat upon by them for their entertainment. And going by some Facebook profiles I've seen in recent years many of these classmates seem to have grown into argent AfD voters nowadays. And I certainly wouldn't rule out that things got blended a bit in mind so that I started equating saying negative things about immigrants with being bullied or something.

Several depressions and a psychotherapy later the European refugee crisis of 2015 happened and I was working at a job where I quickly learned that refugee crisis must have been a welcome pretext for many people to finally act like the assholes they always wanted to be. Suddenly I found myself filing complaints with the police or being subpoenad as a court witness, mostly due to death threats we received. People started to describe in detail how they wanted to poke out the eyes and cut off the tongue and rape people who supported more liberal immigrations policies. Or that they intended to buy a Kalashnikov for the same reason. And this went on on almost a daily basis for more than a year. Fair to say that this experience changed me. I seem to recall that 10 or more years ago I tried to put a lot in emphasis on being the reasonable, moderate, consensus-oriented guy. It was sometime during 2016 that I simply stopped to care about such things. Now I often simply wanted to see the world burn.

As for why I recently returned to this forum.... to tell you the truth I was on sick leave until last week for worsening depression and insomnia and therefore I had not much to do at home. I'm on antidepressents again now (the last time was 2015-2017) so things are starting to get a bit better right now.

Disgusting. Those were literal Nazis and bullies. Sad that you had to go through this, but yeah, parts of East Germany were pretty bad in the 1990s, especially if you were a leftist.

Still, that has nothing to do with me because I'm more the "reasonable, moderate, consensus-oriented guy" that you talked about you were yourself some 10 years ago. Maybe, to get better, you need to get back to that state by accepting some restrictions to uncontrolled/unchecked immigration and all the negative results it brings ---
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: January 26, 2019, 10:49:42 AM »

6th murder in 4 weeks and another woman as victim:

"64-year old retired woman found dead in her apartment in Lower Austria."

https://derstandard.at/2000097069350/Pensionistin-tot-in-Wohnung-im-Bezirk-Bruck-an-der-Leitha

100% women as victims so far this year.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #438 on: February 06, 2019, 02:10:46 PM »

A new low:

An asylum seeker has killed a leading welfare agency worker today in Vorarlberg. He escaped and was then arrested, saying to police he killed the welfare agency worker because "he felt things were not playing out well enough for him" (he only filed a request for asylum last month).

https://kurier.at/chronik/oesterreich/toedliche-messerattacke-auf-beamten-in-dornbirn/400399871
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: February 06, 2019, 02:13:42 PM »

A new low:

An asylum seeker has killed a leading welfare agency worker today in Vorarlberg. He escaped and was then arrested, saying to police he killed the welfare agency worker because "he felt things were not playing out well enough for him" (he only filed a request for asylum last month).

https://kurier.at/chronik/oesterreich/toedliche-messerattacke-auf-beamten-in-dornbirn/400399871

+ murder #8 (another woman as victim):

39-year old woman murdered by her 31-year old partner in Vienna. The man then lived 2 weeks (!) next to the decomposing body ...

https://kurier.at/chronik/wien/39-jaehrige-tot-aufgefunden-es-war-kein-mord/400399157
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #440 on: February 07, 2019, 01:06:29 PM »

A new low:

He apparently screamed in the building: „I want the welfare money. Give me the welfare money !“

... and then cut the throat of the employee.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #441 on: February 07, 2019, 01:22:00 PM »

Too often, the illegal immigrant bastard perpetrators are in the spotlight ...

Let us remember 49-year old welfare worker Alexander A. instead, a father of 2 sons - killed brutally by a deluded illegal asylum seeker yesterday:

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #442 on: February 09, 2019, 09:14:03 AM »

Disgusting:

1 Macedonian killed and 2 others seriously injured in front of a bar in Upper Austria last night after 2 groups of foreign origin tried to kill each other in a knife-fight. 9 people were arrested and/or taken to hospital, where the fight continued ...

https://diepresse.com/home/panorama/oesterreich/5576759/Mann-bei-Massenschlaegerei-in-Oberoesterreich-getoetet
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #443 on: February 09, 2019, 01:48:38 PM »

Murder #10 in the afternoon today in Vienna:

A 38-year old Bosnian woman has stabbed to death her 40-year old Bosnian husband in front of their 15-year old daughter.

https://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/wien/Ehefrau-toetete-Mann-mit-Kuechenmesser/367365752

This is gonna be a murderous year 2019 ... just 40 days and at least 10 murders already.

7/10 victims are female and 7/10 perpetrators are foreigners.
Omega21

« Reply #444 on: February 09, 2019, 09:52:15 PM »

A 38-year old Bosnian woman has stabbed to death her 40-year old Bosnian husband in front of their 15-year old daughter.

https://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/wien/Ehefrau-toetete-Mann-mit-Kuechenmesser/367365752

This is gonna be a murderous year 2019 ... just 40 days and at least 10 murders already.

"Das Opfer soll bosnischer, die Täterin österreichischer Herkunft sein".

6/10 foreign you mean? Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: February 10, 2019, 01:26:07 AM »

The earlier version of the article mentioned that both were Bosnians, so she probably has Austrian citizenship with a Bosnian migration background ...
Omega21

« Reply #446 on: February 10, 2019, 09:41:23 AM »

The earlier version of the article mentioned that both were Bosnians, so she probably has Austrian citizenship with a Bosnian migration background ...

I don't think so since "Herkunft" in a lot of cases refers to the ancestry, not the nationality (citizenship).

Either way, definitely a lot of murders considering the year just started.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: February 12, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »

I don't think so since "Herkunft" in a lot of cases refers to the ancestry, not the nationality (citizenship).

Her first name was "Jasmina", so it's very likely that she's of Bosnian/Balkan origin.

Virtually no native Austrian woman would be named "Jasmina", but "Jasmin".

https://www.heute.at/oesterreich/wien/story/DJ-Mord--U-Haft-ueber-Verdaechtige-verhaengt--56815847
Omega21

« Reply #448 on: February 12, 2019, 02:45:05 PM »

Her first name was "Jasmina", so it's very likely that she's of Bosnian/Balkan origin.

Virtually no native Austrian woman would be named "Jasmina", but "Jasmin".

https://www.heute.at/oesterreich/wien/story/DJ-Mord--U-Haft-ueber-Verdaechtige-verhaengt--56815847

Oh yeah, he's Bosniak and she's probably Bosniak too, definitely not Austrian.

Either way a tragic story, but at least it could not be prevented (as opposed to not deported criminal migrants doing something similar after already accumulating a record in Europe).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #449 on: February 12, 2019, 11:54:58 PM »

#11:

A Bosnian has killed his Serb ex-girlfriend yesterday night in Vienna on the street, by shooting her in the head. He later killed himself as well.

https://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/wien/Wien-Meidling-52-Jaehriger-toetete-Ex-Freundin-mit-Kopfschuss-vor-Lokal/367804942
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies