🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 67948 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 29, 2017, 07:21:36 AM »

Another year is over and Vienna had 17 murders this year (a rate of 0.9/100.000 people).

Compared with Philly (315 murders so far), the rate is 20/100.000.

Those new Syrian refugees must be busy not murdering each other.

Once again, you are misinterpreting these numbers:

We have imported additional crimes by allowing this uncontrolled mass immigration to happen.

Crimes that would have otherwise not happened. Many young Austrian/German/Swedish etc. women would be unraped now and many people would not be dead now or beaten up.

Apart from Donald Trump's latest "let's mock the climate change" tweet, this is literally the dumbest thing I had to read all week. I feel like Tender owes me money as compensation for having to endure reading this post.

Trump's tweet was in fact dumb, as he cannot differentiate between "weather" and "climate".

My post on the other hand is the plain truth (and even more so because you cannot bring up an argument against it). The naive, extremist left is basically bankrupt when you bring up common-sense arguments like mine above.

There's something missing from that post and that's my compensation.

You need to do better than that.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #251 on: December 29, 2017, 08:17:02 AM »

Another year is over and Vienna had 17 murders this year (a rate of 0.9/100.000 people).

We have imported additional crimes by allowing this uncontrolled mass immigration to happen.

Crimes that would have otherwise not happened. Many young Austrian/German/Swedish etc. women would be unraped now and many people would not be dead now or beaten up.

Apart from Donald Trump's latest "let's mock the climate change" tweet, this is literally the dumbest thing I had to read all week. I feel like Tender owes me money as compensation for having to endure reading this post.

Why is that dumb? Crime in any society increases with a higher share of young males, if those young males come from violent societies and disproportionally have been through traumatic events this will significantly increase the effect.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »

Why is that dumb? Crime in any society increases with a higher share of young males, if those young males come from violent societies and disproportionally have been through traumatic events this will significantly increase the effect.

Because migrants commit crimes against non-migrants. Non-migrants commit crimes against migrants. Migrants commit crimes against other migrants. And non-migrants commit crimes against other non-migrants. The idea that you can calculate some kind of balance sheet where you put the pure "migrant perpetrator"/"non-migrant victim" ratio against the pure "non-migrant perpetrator"/"migrant victim" ratio while completely deducting the migrant-against-migrant crimes and non-migrant-against-non-migrant crimes so in the end you have a pure net balance which shows which group has "scored" higher against the other group is simply preposterous and also intellectually offensive. It also happens to be racist thinking, because among other things it inevitably places higher value on a non-migrant victim of a crime than a migrant victim.

Also... migrants who have comitted a crime in Austria may have comitted the same crime had they been someplace else. Or maybe they wouldn't have, since crimes often depend on the exact circumstances of where, when, and why. Maybe a migrant who's now in Austria and has never committed a crime, would have a committed a crime if he had ended up in Germany instead. And if we follow that thinking further, a migrant who has committed a crime in Vienna now may have never committed that crime had he been in Salzburg instead. And a crime that was committed by a Austrian in, let's say, South Africa, may or may not have committed as well had he stayed in Austria.

So, what's the point of all this?

Also, the phrase "many young  women would be unraped now" makes my brain hurt.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2017, 09:59:24 AM »

Because migrants commit crimes against non-migrants. Non-migrants commit crimes against migrants. Migrants commit crimes against other migrants. And non-migrants commit crimes against other non-migrants. The idea that you can calculate some kind of balance sheet where you put the pure "migrant perpetrator"/"non-migrant victim" ratio against the pure "non-migrant perpetrator"/"migrant victim" ratio while completely deducting the migrant-against-migrant crimes and non-migrant-against-non-migrant crimes so in the end you have a pure net balance which shows which group has "scored" higher against the other group is simply preposterous and also intellectually offensive. It also happens to be racist thinking, because among other things it inevitably places higher value on a non-migrant victim of a crime than a migrant victim.
Of course you can calculate those ratios, while deducting committed crime within the two groups. The information exists and the rest is basic arithmetic. The problem is that some people don't want to make these results because they are afraid of the results.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
And from the point of view of Austria this is preferable. No country can be expected to show the same kind of interest in its own security than that of the world as a whole.

GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #254 on: December 29, 2017, 10:00:26 AM »

Of course you can calculate those ratios, while deducting committed crime within the two groups. The information exists and the rest is basic arithmetic. The problem is that some people don't want to make these  calculations because they are afraid of the results that will show up.

And from the point of view of Austria this is preferable. No country can be expected to show the same kind of interest in its own security than that of the world as a whole.

Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #255 on: December 29, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »

Also... migrants who have comitted a crime in Austria may have comitted the same crime had they been someplace else. Or maybe they wouldn't have, since crimes often depend on the exact circumstances of where, when, and why. Maybe a migrant who's now in Austria and has never committed a crime, would have a committed a crime if he had ended up in Germany instead. And if we follow that thinking further, a migrant who has committed a crime in Vienna now may have never committed that crime had he been in Salzburg instead. And a crime that was committed by a Austrian in, let's say, South Africa, may or may not have committed as well had he stayed in Austria.

Also, the phrase "many young  women would be unraped now" makes my brain hurt.

You are unnecessarily complicating something quite simple. You do not need to include all those factors to access this. A government is primarily obliged to protect its own citizens, so the relevant question is "does inviting large numbers of young males from countries with a high degree of violence, and who are often traumatized, increase the risk for your citizens?". The answer to that question is fairly obvious.

Young males are always the most criminal group in any society, so increasing their number inevitably makes society more violent (this is of course not to say that young men do not contribute positively in other ways), this gets significantly worse if the male/female ratio is skewed among the younger generations (though only if there are more young men than young women, the opposite doesn't increase the level of overall violence). Men who grew up in a violent environment become more violent than those who didn't. All these effects are well documented.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #256 on: December 29, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2017, 01:46:23 PM by coloniac »

Also, the phrase "many young  women would be unraped now" makes my brain hurt.
A government is primarily obliged to protect its own citizens,

And it does so by upholding international LOAC and Human Rights norms, including the acceptance of refugees, because despite how safe you think the West is, one day you, your family or your descendants may have to apply for refugee status.  

Respect for the rule of law and the international legal norms we have established is part of what makes our success. We also have procedures to change it if the laws are outdated. The Dublin agreement on refugees for example is clearly outdated when handling the middle corridor between Libya and Italy.

Regardless of the fact that pre-emptive judgement and especially action of what an individual you know virtually nothing is something out of Minority Report, this is a massive caricature.

That does not mean that the young male fleeing from war or dictatorship who isn't any of the things you listed above, is somehow not entitled to the same opportunities you would have if you were subject to such conditions.

And btw, Brussels also recorded its lowest murder rate since WW2 Tender. 2nd rate European capitals FTW
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #257 on: December 29, 2017, 02:39:39 PM »

The stats that tender posted seem to indicate a low and static crime rate (a brut increase of two murders is hardly a trend), and even if a straight out majority of murders were committed by foreigners, they would still have a murder rate well below any comparable US city
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #258 on: December 29, 2017, 02:45:46 PM »

The stats that tender posted seem to indicate a low and static crime rate (a brut increase of two murders is hardly a trend), and even if a straight out majority of murders were committed by foreigners, they would still have a murder rate well below any comparable US city

This is true ... for murder.

But even there, 50% of murders are meanwhile committed by foreigners (their share in the population is 16%).

For other major crimes - such as rape, grevious bodily injury and drug-offences - which, on a per-capita-basis are similarly high when compared to other countries and the US - it matters when 50% are committed by foreigners.

And the rate is even higher for asylum seekers: Of the rapes, 8% were committed by aslyum seekers (their share in the population is 1%).

Our prisons have 55% foreigners.

And, last but not least, I repeat my claim from above: If these people would not be here, our crime rate would be even lower and many people would be alive, unraped and not injured.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #259 on: December 29, 2017, 07:47:48 PM »

Mr. Branson, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #260 on: December 30, 2017, 04:41:40 AM »

You are ridiculous. It's pretty clear that there'd be less crimes committed by immigrants if there are fewer of them here. But you are not a common-sense person it seems.

Anyway, thanks for merging the 2 threads as requested (to whoever did it).
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #261 on: January 01, 2018, 02:48:49 PM »

Mr. Branson, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Copying someone else's quote does not make you look smart, especially when unlike you the other person is using elementary logic.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2018, 03:48:34 AM »

Old Europe, please read today's article in the SPIEGEL:

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/gesellschaft/christian-pfeiffer-kriminologe-weist-mehr-gewaltkriminalitaet-durch-mehr-zuwanderer-nach-a-1185959.html

"More violent crimes committed because of more immigrants in the country."
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #263 on: January 03, 2018, 02:00:22 PM »

Here's the English version:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/03/young-male-migrants-fuel-rise-in-violence-in-germany-study-says

So much to the arguments of the naive "refugee welcome"-applauders ... Roll Eyes
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: January 04, 2018, 04:02:37 AM »

In Vienna, a 41-year old Serb has stabbed his wife to death, then strangled his 10-year old daughter (she survived, but died tonight) and then jumped out of the window onto the street, where he died as well.

http://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/wien/Familien-Drama-in-Wien-10-Jaehrige-tot/315696829
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2018, 06:10:19 AM »

A first glimpse on 2017 crime statistics was released today:

It seems that the overall number of crimes recorded dropped by about 5% from 540.000 cases to around 510.000 cases, yet violent crime remains at a high level.

While the number of Austrians who committed crimes decreased, the proportion of foreign criminals reached the highest level ever. Among all suspects, 40% are now foreigners (39% in 2016 and 28% in 2007).

The proportion of foreigners in the total population is 16%, so foreigners have of course a much higher likelihood of being criminal (50% of rapists in 2016 were foreigners, as were 50% of people in Austrian prisons).

Final figures for 2017 are out in March.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #266 on: January 10, 2018, 06:19:19 AM »

This is a very sad story:

http://wien.orf.at/news/stories/2888326

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/austria-woman-suspected-of-suffocating-baby-son-in-hospital/2018/01/06/455185cc-f2c7-11e7-95e3-eff284e71c8d_story.html

---

It turned out that the woman had another child, a 4-year old girl, who told her mother that her grandfather (a former high ranking diplomat) sexually abused her over the Christmas holidays.

The mother and her 2 kids were admitted to hospital because of the psychological trauma, where the mother first killed her small son, then wanted to kill her daughter and then slit open her veins outside the hospital ... Sad
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2018, 01:21:34 PM »

Yesterday, the FPÖ-led Interior Ministry deported a Chechen IS-fighter back to Russia and 12 drug dealers and violent criminals back to Africa (11 to Nigeria and 1 to Ghana).

Good.

I hope Kickl increases the deportations from the 10.000 last year to around 30.000 this year. Austria needs to be cleansed from this criminal immigrant scum.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #268 on: March 12, 2018, 04:10:48 AM »

3 big stabbing cases recently in Vienna within the past few days:

* An illegal Afghan asylum seeker has tried to kill a family of 3 (a well-known dentist and implants specialist and their daughter) and a fellow Afghan in Vienna and injuring all of them seriously.

* An Algerian has tried to kill another Algerian with a stab in the heart and seriously injured him in Vienna

* An Egyptian has tried to kill a soldier in front of the Iranian embassy in Vienna tonight.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2018, 12:05:35 PM »

https://www.politico.eu/article/league-party-matteo-salvini-predicts-clear-out-of-mainstream-meps-italy-election/

What actually FPO obtained in recent moths?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2018, 12:17:22 PM »

I assume Salvini is talking about the FPÖ becoming a government member, something that he also wants.

Not sure what he means by "obtained" ...

I think maybe the fact that the FPÖ are in charge of the Interior Ministry (police, deportations, intelligence services) and Defense (the Foreign Ministry is headed by an FPÖ-appointed Independent).

It seems likely that the Kickl/FPÖ-led Interior Ministry will speed up deportations this year (today, Kickl announced that asylum seekers who have become criminal and who have served prison sentences will be placed on deportation watch right after they have been released from prison to prevent more crimes in the meantime).

Maybe that's what Salvini is talking about.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »

It seems likely that the Kickl/FPÖ-led Interior Ministry will speed up deportations this year (today, Kickl announced that asylum seekers who have become criminal and who have served prison sentences will be placed on deportation watch right after they have been released from prison to prevent more crimes in the meantime).

Maybe that's what Salvini is talking about.

Thanks for the info.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »

Things that happened today and yesterday:

* In front of parliament, an Afghan asylum seeker approached a police car. The police officer asked if he could help him, but the guy was opening the door of the car and tried to wrestle the police officer out of the car, just like that. The man got pepper-sprayed and arrested.

http://wien.orf.at/news/stories/2900807

* A mass-brawl and knife fight between 50-60 Afghans led to several arrests in Vienna near a nightclub.

https://derstandard.at/2000076129675/Grosser-Polizeieinsatz-nach-Schlaegerei-am-Wiener-Praterstern

* A 16-year old stabbed his 17-year old brother and seriously injured him (nationalities not yet known).

http://noe.orf.at/news/stories/2901188
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »

That's a typical Austrian story:

http://www.heute.at/oesterreich/wien/story/Mann-versteckte-sich-vor-Polizei---lebte-im-Keller-46961784

An Algerian man was facing deportation.

What did he do ?

He broke into the home of a family in Vienna and tried to hide from the deportation forces in the basement of the family. They caught him sleeping there and he was finally arrested by the deportation force.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #274 on: March 20, 2018, 08:07:37 AM »

That's a typical Austrian story:

http://www.heute.at/oesterreich/wien/story/Mann-versteckte-sich-vor-Polizei---lebte-im-Keller-46961784

An Algerian man was facing deportation.

What did he do ?

He broke into the home of a family in Vienna and tried to hide from the deportation forces in the basement of the family. They caught him sleeping there and he was finally arrested by the deportation force.

I guess this would be the first time someone has ever broken into an Austrian person's basement...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies