🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:52:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 67887 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2017, 10:58:25 AM »

Let thousands of perfectly innocent people die and suffer in their war-torn countries to make sure one in a thousand, who might be a rapist, won't get it. Collective responsibility rules.

Tender, what is your solution?

I have posted about this for the past 2 years !

In short again: These masses of people have no right whatsoever to pick and choose the country that in their opinion should take them up as refugees. The UN refugee document clearly says that people who flee can seek refuge in their neighbouring countries, but not pick and choose where to go. Austria, Germany, Sweden are not the neighbouring countries of Syria and Iraq and - for the next decades to come - Africa.

Well, the majority of Syrian war refugess are in fact still located in Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan. For instance, it is estimated that 25-30% of the total population of Lebanon currently consist of refugees from the Syrian Civil War.... which certainly puts a lot of strain on a country with the per capita GDP of Mexico. (For comparison: Refugees make up less than 2% of Germany's population.)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2017, 11:56:54 AM »

The next time a foreign white person asks me "why are Americans so racist?" I will point them here.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2017, 12:04:59 PM »

The next time a foreign white person asks me "why are Americans so racist?" I will point them here.

Don't be ridiculous.

Since when are rapists from the Middle East or North Africa a "race" ?

Apparently, you do not understand the term "racism". I do not want Blacks out from Europe or Austria, or Muslims out in general. I want the disgusting radical and criminal elements out that came in the past few years.

But it seems immigrant crime is tolerable or defendable for you. A sickness of the extreme left.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2017, 12:18:41 PM »

If we're now applying the concept of "collective responsibility" of entire peoples or groups of people we must apply it thorougly and without exception. Everything else would ammount to hypocrisy. So, let's talk about the Austrians then.

According to this article, Austria - along with Italy - was the only country in the world who has conducted arms exports to Syria in the period between 2005 and 2009:
http://www.tt.com/home/3602340-91/amnesty-kritisiert-%C3%B6sterreichische-waffenexporte.csp

Thus it is probably not surprising that Austrian-manufactured weapons from companies like Steyr, Glock, and others are reportedly very common and popular among both Syrian rebels and ISIS fighters:
https://kurier.at/politik/inland/oesterreichische-waffen-bei-is-offenbar-beliebt/165.242.271
https://www.profil.at/ausland/syrien-im-kriegsgebiet-oesterreichische-waffen-im-einsatz-5585056

There's apparently also some spillover to the neighbouring Iraq where documented war crimes have been committed with Austrian-manufactured weapons:
https://kurier.at/politik/ausland/amnesty-international-bericht-irak-milizen-begehen-kriegsverbrechen-mit-oesterreichischen-waffen/239.294.860

Austria is of course also exporting weapons to other countries in the region such as Saudia Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates:
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/oesterreich-waffenexport-an-die-vereinigten-arabischen-emirate-a-1080555.html
http://derstandard.at/2000029272616/Wie-viele-Waffen-Oesterreich-nach-Saudi-Arabien-lieferte

Austrian weapons which were sold to the UAE where then put to use in 2015 in the Yemeni Civil War:
http://diepresse.com/home/ausland/aussenpolitik/4927976/Oesterreichische-Waffen-fuer-Buergerkrieg-im-Jemen

So, what has Tender, as a Austrian, done so far to prevent this or take responsiblity for this?

[Since I'm aware that Germany as a major weapons manufcaturing and exporting country is at best only marginally less guilty then Austria (well, at least we didn't seem to sell arms to Syria on the eve of their civil war), let me assure you that I tried to pay the bill by donating to refugee relief, both in Germany and in the Levant. In 2013, I also happened to volunteer for the re-election campaign of arguably one of the most outspoken opponent of arms exports in this country. I don't mean to brag about this... it's just can't stand "desk activists" who do nothing but complain about the state of the world and their country (and at worst, spew racist hatred on the Internet), but don't actually do anything meaningful or worthwhile about it.]
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2017, 12:54:13 PM »

Old Europe, if you would have read my post just above yours, you'd see that it's not about collective responsibility ...

"So, what has Tender, as an Austrian, done so far to prevent this or take responsiblity for this?"

I voted for the Greens during 2005-2009, who were against the arms exports. Besides, I'm against the arms exports now as well.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2017, 12:41:11 PM »

A 14-year old Afghan girl has been killed today in Vienna by her 18-year old brother, who stabbed her several times.

The girl, who wanted to lead a western life, moved out of the conservative family home and environment recently and was living in a youth centre. Her brother stalked her and then killed her in an alley.

http://derstandard.at/2000064219188/14-Jaehrige-in-Wien-Favoriten-mit-mehreren-Messerstichen-getoetet
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »

A 14-year old Afghan girl has been killed today in Vienna by her 18-year old brother, who stabbed her several times.

The girl, who wanted to lead a western life, moved out of the conservative family home and environment recently and was living in a youth centre. Her brother stalked her and then killed her in an alley.

http://derstandard.at/2000064219188/14-Jaehrige-in-Wien-Favoriten-mit-mehreren-Messerstichen-getoetet

Meanwhile, he confessed the honour-killing to police and told them: "It's good that she's dead."

---

And in Vorarlberg: A Turkish man kills his wife and 2 small daughters (4 and 7 years old), by stabbing them to death and cutting their throats when they slept. He then jumped out of the window and died. The woman wanted to divorce and a court banned the Turk from entering the woman's apartment, which he ignored.

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2866480
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2017, 07:16:21 AM »

There was a shooting today in rural Styria:

A 66-year old Austrian man shot and killed 2 neighbours with a rifle and severely wounded a third neighbour.

The man is described as extremely paranoid and suffering from persecutional mania (having many problems with local authorities, neighbours and courts).

Police are currently searching for the man and his vehicle:

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/steiermark/5311105/Wir-berichten-live_Schiesserei-in-Stiwoll_Zwei-Tote-Taeter
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2017, 07:23:16 AM »

The perpetrator is officially a right-wing extremist:

"Left = dangerous !"

The man was at meetings of extreme right-wing groups, drove around in a van with "Heil Hitler" on it (see above) and had a blog in which he attacked courts and other institutions.

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/steiermark/graz/5041570/Rechtsextremismus_Was-treibt-den-Fahrer-des-Heil-HitlerAutos-an
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2017, 12:00:57 PM »

The perpetrator is still on the run and police are looking for him in the whole Schengen-area.

Btw: A weapons ban was active against the man, but he took the rifle of his wife (who's a hunter).

His children also requested guardianship for the man at the courts a few days ago, which might have been a reason for the killings as well (he hates the courts).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »

Suspect still hasn't been arrested.

Not a funny Halloween today for the people of Western Styria: a Neo-Nazi double killer with a rifle is roaming through the area. I guess not many people are opening their doors tonight ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: November 03, 2017, 06:27:19 AM »

The Nazi killer was apparently spotted today in Thal near Graz, the birth town of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The killer's wife was at a hunting area there a few times.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2017, 06:17:35 AM »

A Syrian has killed his wife today in Vienna and is on the run with the 4 small kids:

http://wien.orf.at/m/news/stories/2880588
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2017, 05:59:22 PM »

Suspect still hasn't been arrested.

Not a funny Halloween today for the people of Western Styria: a Neo-Nazi double killer with a rifle is roaming through the area. I guess not many people are opening their doors tonight ...

I see FPÖ didn't wait to reach a formal coalition agreement before going to celebrate outdoors.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2017, 01:11:45 PM »

2 more disgusting immigrant crimes in the last days (one of them in my district):

* Here in Zell am See district, an Iraqi asylum seeker has stabbed and killed a Pakistani asylum seeker and severely wounded another yesterday.

https://kurier.at/chronik/oesterreich/toedlicher-konflikt-in-fluechtlingsunterkunft-im-pinzgau/303.254.606

* In Krems (Lower Austria), an 18-year old Afghan asylum seeker has raped a young woman on the way home from a Christmas market and broke her nose as well. He was arrested after DNA-tests confirmed he was the rapist.

https://kurier.at/chronik/niederoesterreich/hadersdorf-am-kamp-vergewaltigung-geklaert-verdaechtiger-in-haft/303.293.333
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2017, 06:28:38 PM »

2 more disgusting immigrant crimes in the last days (one of them in my district):

* Here in Zell am See district, an Iraqi asylum seeker has stabbed and killed a Pakistani asylum seeker and severely wounded another yesterday.

Shouldn't you be happy those pesky immigrants are taking care of each other?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: December 25, 2017, 02:03:14 AM »

Shouldn't you be happy those pesky immigrants are taking care of each other?

No, I just want 3 things:

* No further immigration from culture-hostile radical Muslim regions (Africa, Middle-East) - but have no problems with limited immigration of very liberal Muslims.

* Swift deportation of criminal immigrants and asylum seekers who abuse their host country.

* Somewhat integrate the asylum seekers that are already here to make sure they are not turning into criminals, which means community work for them and learning the Austrian way of life (this is also good for their lives and re-building their wrecked countries later on when they return home). Considering Iraq, Syria etc. are virtually 95% safe again, these people who arrived in the last 3 years should now be deported again to their countries of origin. Asylum is not for always, but only for a limited time.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #242 on: December 25, 2017, 05:39:07 AM »

It clearly doesn't matter how often you explain yourself to the knucklehead, he's never going to get it.

(ahhh, feels good to know my post won't be deleted too)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2017, 12:32:14 AM »

Another year is over and Vienna had 17 murders this year (a rate of 0.9/100.000 people).

Compared with Philly (315 murders so far), the rate is 20/100.000.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2017, 12:37:19 AM »

Another year is over and Vienna had 17 murders this year (a rate of 0.9/100.000 people).

Those new Syrian refugees must be busy not murdering each other.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: December 29, 2017, 12:45:22 AM »

Once again, you are misinterpreting these numbers:

We have imported additional crimes by allowing this uncontrolled mass immigration to happen.

Crimes that would have otherwise not happened. Many young Austrian/German/Swedish etc. women would be unraped now and many people would not be dead now or beaten up.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2017, 06:07:44 AM »

We have imported additional crimes by allowing this uncontrolled mass immigration to happen.

Crimes that would have otherwise not happened. Many young Austrian/German/Swedish etc. women would be unraped now and many people would not be dead now or beaten up.

Apart from Donald Trump's latest "let's mock the climate change" tweet, this is literally the dumbest thing I had to read all week. I feel like Tender owes me money as compensation for having to endure reading this post.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2017, 06:31:10 AM »

Apart from Donald Trump's latest "let's mock the climate change" tweet, this is literally the dumbest thing I had to read all week. I feel like Tender owes me money as compensation for having to endure reading this post.

Trump's tweet was in fact dumb, as he cannot differentiate between "weather" and "climate".

My post on the other hand is the plain truth (and even more so because you cannot bring up an argument against it). The naive, extremist left is basically bankrupt when you bring up common-sense arguments like mine above.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2017, 06:50:34 AM »

A new "unique case" shocks Germany:

http://www.dw.com/en/afghan-teen-in-custody-over-fatal-stabbing-of-german-girl/a-41960451

The case involves a "15-year-old" refugee from Afghanistan (his age is meanwhile questioned because he looks more like 25) who abused the hospitality of his guest family, preyed on their daughter and when she refused a relationship with him, he stabbed the 15-year old German girl to death in a drugstore.

This adds another family who got destroyed by Merkel's disgusting mass immigration policy. And more and more blood is dripping down from her hands ...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2017, 06:58:08 AM »

"If we would not have taken in as many refugees, there would be fewer instances where refugees raped women or killed people" sounds like basic logic to me, but okay.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies