🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:43:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 67895 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »

As usual, anti semitism is almost exclusively a symptom of the far right and radical Islam. Left wing anti Zionists are, in my experience, some of the most decent, accepting people out there.

I've been physically assaulted in a hate crime twice in my life. One was an edgelord 16-year-old bigot when I was in high school. The other was a 22-year-old hipster who didn't like that I was wearing a yarmulke and attending a Seder while "Palestinian babies are being butchered".

So yeah, your bizarre worldview has no real basis in reality.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2017, 10:09:55 PM »

As usual, anti semitism is almost exclusively a symptom of the far right and radical Islam. Left wing anti Zionists are, in my experience, some of the most decent, accepting people out there.

I don't think it is possible to be anti-zionist and not be anti-semitic, because the entire position relies on the argument that Jewish nationalism is somehow uniquely unacceptable.

That said, right wing anti-semitism is clearly a thing and people should recognise this.
Question: is it anti-semitic or anti-zionist to fully recognize that Israel should exist and that it is in fact better on human rights than many other nations in the area, but also to say that it might want to treat Palestinians better?

Not remotely anti-semitic. In fact, I would bet it was the position of a majority of actual Zionists.

The problem of anti-zionists is delegitimization. BDS' driving principle is that Israel is the one nation in the world that is so evil and illegitimate that the country and the people in it should be treated as unpersons. There's no way around it that that's anti-semitic.

All right then. My position is that Israel does have a basic right to exist, but that it really should treat the Palestinians better. And of course that the surrounding nations should not encourage Palestinians to become militant.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2017, 06:46:21 AM »

and the Palestinians themselves are totally innocent?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2017, 06:25:59 PM »

Do no white Austrians commit crimes for you to report on? Or do you prefer to focus on the minorities?

It would be better for you to read the previous pages, before making a stupid comment like this.

I see you covering white crime twice in the last ten years, and one of those(Fritzl) was worldwide news.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2017, 06:45:31 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2017, 06:50:00 PM by Zioneer »

and the Palestinians themselves are totally innocent?
They are not, but considering Israel itself is the government authority, they've got the majority of guns and soldiers, and I hold them to a bit of a higher standard. And as I said, I do hold the neighboring nations that make a point to support Palestinian belligerence to a higher standard as well.

Palestinians themselves are held to some standard of course, but I believe that Israel, as the stronger "partner" in this symbiotic relationship, should treat them better first, though Palestinians really should stop committing violence as well. I blame the overall tension and anger between both sides (and fanned by the neighboring and allied nations) for much of the modern mess.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2017, 01:12:06 PM »

Do no white Austrians commit crimes for you to report on? Or do you prefer to focus on the minorities?
Triggered?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2017, 01:19:44 PM »

It would be better for you to read the previous pages, before making a stupid comment like this.

I see you covering white crime twice in the last ten years, and one of those(Fritzl) was worldwide news.

Well, asylum seekers in Austria have a 25 times higher crime rate than Austrians.

So, for every 25 cases of significant crime by asylum seekers I will post one significant crime that was done by an Austrian.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2017, 05:46:28 PM »

I don't know whether my stance counts as Zionism. I think that all Jews have a right to live in Israel including the West Bank and Gaza, but I don't think the state should be an "explicitly" Jewish state (or if it is, it should be clarified that the state is binational, and bilingual - a joint Arab-Semetic project).

Perhaps it's hopelessly naive, but I can't stand the idea of a two state solution, which seems unworkable imo.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2017, 08:20:08 PM »

I keep reading this as "the Tinder megathread of crime in Austria" Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2017, 03:07:53 PM »

Sure, they're very accepting of terrorist organizations killing their own people and targeting civilians. They even support these organizations. Nice guys.

Zionism isn't perfect by any means, but people who want staunch anti-Zionism are typically worse.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2017, 03:20:55 PM »

I don't know whether my stance counts as Zionism. I think that all Jews have a right to live in Israel including the West Bank and Gaza, but I don't think the state should be an "explicitly" Jewish state (or if it is, it should be clarified that the state is binational, and bilingual - a joint Arab-Semetic project).

Perhaps it's hopelessly naive, but I can't stand the idea of a two state solution, which seems unworkable imo.

Well, Arabs are already Semitic Tongue

I was thinking about this recently and perhaps something similar to the Dual Monarchy would work here, but I'm not optymistic either.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2017, 02:29:22 AM »

Hiker killed by cow in Austrian Alps

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/07/hiker-gored-to-death-by-cow-in-austrian-alps

#LockTheCowUp!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2017, 01:28:03 AM »

2 more disgusting cases, this time in Germany:

A Chechen asylum seeker stabs his wife 19 times, cuts her throat and kicks her out of the window - because he thought that she has a relationship with another man.

The court sentenced him to 13 years in prison - for manslaughter, not murder (he could be out after 8 years).

The reasoning of the court for the lower sentence was that he deserves a "cultural rebate" - not knowing the cultural customs of Germany.

According to a witness, the killer said after the murder: "In Chechnya, it is a man's right to kill his wife if he finds out that she has a relationship with another man. That's how it is written in the Quran."

https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article165382489/19-Messerstiche-aus-dem-Fenster-geworfen-Kehle-durchgeschnitten.html

The other case is this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-security-shooting-idUSKBN18U0VK
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2017, 01:48:26 AM »

A 26-year old Somali has damaged 20 cars here in Salzburg recently, by ripping off the mirrors on the outside. Damages amount to 30.000€

Why did he do it ?

He told the police that he wants to be immediately deported back to Somalia (which of course is impossible, because he's already a legal asylum seeker and he also cannot be deported because of his crimes, as Somalia is a war-zone).

In fact, he will now spend some time in the cozy brand-new Salzburg prison and if he really wants to go back to Somalia after his prison term, he would need to buy some plane tickets on his own ...

https://kurier.at/chronik/oesterreich/autos-beschaedigt-asylwerber-will-in-heimat-zurueck/262.495.914
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2017, 10:34:42 AM »

"Shocking words from a Pole living in Austria: immigrants don't let us live normally!"

Notice the irony?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2017, 10:47:33 AM »

What exactly does this Pole mean by "immigrants don't let us live normally!" ?

Was he attacked or harrassed by other immigrants or something ?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »

Maybe it were other Polish immigrants?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2017, 01:34:29 PM »

Maybe it were other Polish immigrants?

Don't know ... maybe he says something about it in the video you linked. But I don't speak Polish. Still, it's not uncommon for immigrants to be critical of other immigrants. The Chechens here hate the Afghans (always a lot of street battles and knife-fights in Vienna recently), the Turks hate the Kurds, the Arabs hate the Jews and so on ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2017, 08:57:47 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2017, 09:07:51 AM by Tender Branson »

Several disgusting foreigner crimes happened over the past week:

* On Friday, a Tunisian delivery driver killed a retired couple in their home in Linz, because he blamed the FPÖ for all his misery in life and thought the 2 were FPÖ-voters (they were not). In fact, the 2 gave their killer money several times to help him with his failing delivery business. A couple years ago, a neighbour called the police because the killer was abusing animals - which led to an actual conviction of animal abuse. The killer said the neighbour was an "FPÖ-voter". The crime was particularly cruel, because first he killed the almost 90-year old woman by strangling her. Then he killed the almost 90-year old blind husband with a wooden rod, in which he put nails. He also stabbed him to death. Then he put gasoline on the bodies and burned down the house. The same day, he went to a police station, waited in line for some time until an officer had time for him and confessed the murders.

* In another case, a 18-year old student was raped in Linz. The 2 perpetrators, an Afghan asylum seeker and a Turk, dragged the victim into a basement of an asylum seeker home and raped her.

* In a third case, a young Afghan asylum seeker tried to rape a young woman who sun-bathed with her bikini on at the Donauinsel (Danube Island) in Vienna. The man was caught in the act by a Swiss tourist pair and a couple students nearby who fixated the asylum seeking rapist until police arrived.

(the asylum-seeking Afghan rapist after his arrest)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2017, 09:12:55 AM »

Several disgusting foreigner crimes happened over the past week:

* On Friday, a Tunisian delivery driver killed a retired couple in their home in Linz, because he blamed the FPÖ for all his misery in life and thought the 2 were FPÖ-voters (they were not). In fact, the 2 gave their killer money several times to help him with his failing delivery business. A couple years ago, a neighbour called the police because the killer was abusing animals - which led to an actual conviction of animal abuse. The killer said the neighbour was an "FPÖ-voter". The crime was particularly cruel, because first he killed the almost 90-year old woman by strangling her. Then he killed the almost 90-year old blind husband with a wooden rod, in which he put nails. He also stabbed him to death. Then he put gasoline on the bodies and burned down the house. The same day, he went to a police station, waited in line for some time until an officer had time for him and confessed the murders.

* In another case, a 18-year old student was raped in Linz. The 2 perpetrators, an Afghan asylum seeker and a Turk, dragged the victim into a basement of an asylum seeker home and raped her.

* In a third case, a young Afghan asylum seeker tried to rape a young woman who sun-bathed with her bikini on at the Donauinsel (Danube Island) in Vienna. The man was caught in the act by a Swiss tourist pair and a couple students nearby who fixated the asylum seeking rapist until police arrived.

(the asylum-seeking Afghan rapist after his arrest)

The most ridiculous thing about Case 1 is probably that the Tunisian Muslim killer blamed the Austrian Labour Market Service for being "FPÖ-dominated" and responsible for the misery in his life (because they once cut his welfare payments). The Austrian Labour Market Service is an SPÖ/ÖVP institution and the FPÖ has nothing to do with it.

http://derstandard.at/2000060637242/Verdaechtiger-toetete-aus-Hass-auf-die-FPOe-altes-Ehepaar-in
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2017, 09:40:12 AM »

And just yesterday, an Afghan asylum seeker tried to kill his wife in an asylum seeker home in Upper Austria, by stabbing her in the face. He then said he's going to kill his whole family (they have 4 small children) by burning them to death. When he tried to find gas for his act, the police arrived and arrested him for attempted murder. His severely injured wife was taken to hospital.

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/oesterreich/5245082/Gewalttat-in-Asylunterkunft_Afghane-drohte-seine-ganze-Familie
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2017, 02:03:24 PM »

It's almost as if I'm reading the Telegraaf. You should apply for a job there Wink
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2017, 03:54:27 PM »

Now also in the Dutch right-wing media, Tender!

http://www.dagelijksestandaard.nl/2017/07/tunesische-kansenparel-vermoordt-oostenrijks-echtpaar-omdat-hij-een-voorbeeld-wilde-stellen/
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2017, 10:42:41 PM »

Don't know ... maybe he says something about it in the video you linked. But I don't speak Polish. Still, it's not uncommon for immigrants to be critical of other immigrants. The Chechens here hate the Afghans (always a lot of street battles and knife-fights in Vienna recently), the Turks hate the Kurds, the Arabs hate the Jews and so on ...
One interesting thing I've learned is that Americans born in Africa and regular old black people born in America tend to not like each other very much.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2017, 02:26:57 PM »

The recent double killing and arson by a Muslim Tunisian immigrant against an old, blind couple was IS-related:

http://mobil.derstandard.at/2000060858844/Sobotka-Doppelmord-in-Linz-hat-IS-Hintergrund

Sad
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies