🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 67867 times)
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2017, 07:06:56 AM »

Why do you write it as "refugees"?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2017, 07:14:24 AM »

Because you aren't an actual refugee if you're crossing numerous safe countries simply to go to the country where you can get the most benefits.

Anyway, my thoughts on issues like this (not calling it an incident, it is a pattern) should be well-known by know.
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2017, 07:24:48 AM »

Because you aren't an actual refugee if you're crossing numerous safe countries simply to go to the country where you can get the most benefits.

Anyway, my thoughts on issues like this (not calling it an incident, it is a pattern) should be well-known by know.
But he doesn't write it like that when he's talking about that same people when they aren't commiting crimes or destroying native Austrian civilization
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2017, 08:11:59 AM »

Now we are talking the truth.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2017, 08:19:08 AM »

Because they are highly criminal scum and not refugees.

Refugees do not abuse the host country by gang raping women ...

Plus DavidB.s comment.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »

i agrew with tender and disagree with david.

if the other countries have no refugee system or literally hate you, there can't be a logical explanation not to go further.

otherwise i am in favor of a working EU system but without one....can't really blame the real syria refugees who are rarely ever in the news.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »

can't really blame the real syria refugees who are rarely ever in the news.
I don't. If I were Syrian, I would absolutely do the same and move to Sweden (or Austria, or Germany, or the Netherlands), and so would every rational human being. I blame countries in Europe for not closing their borders.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2017, 11:48:49 AM »

I don't. If I were Syrian, I would absolutely do the same and move to Sweden (or Austria, or Germany, or the Netherlands), and so would every rational human being. I blame countries in Europe for not closing their borders.

you can make this point, i have shifted my positions on this matter widely since 2014 and i think it's a fair one.

i just don't like the "crossing borders = no more refugees" view.....otherwise there would have never ever been refugees across the sea.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2017, 11:17:56 PM »

I agree with your core arguments, but the refugees are not really winning much sympathy from me when they make the very arrogant claim that we have a duty to help them. The thought would never cross my mind in the event that some liberal's wet dreams come true and Trump actually collapses America that I'd be entitled to shelter in Canada. But assuming I got turned away, my natural gut instinct after heading north would be to somehow go east or west until I am someplace where I know I'm not imposing.

Maybe I'm an extremely anxious person who is just constantly ill at ease. I'd like to think that my thought process on this is normal though. Unfortunately though I can't seem to find any of that "guest anxiety" in the most vocal activists working among or on the behalf of the fleeing Syrians from the media reports I've seen.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2017, 06:46:22 AM »

what?  all those videos of the "refugees" tossing full cases of water on the train tracks, grabbing boxes of things that were supposed to be handed out individually, forcing young children to look way more in distress than they actually are and stealing sh**t off the back of trucks/lorries doesn't look like "great anxiety" to you?
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2017, 06:48:25 AM »

Being jackasses or criminals isn't a refugee-exclusive quality
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2017, 07:02:55 AM »

of course not, who suggested it was?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2017, 07:12:33 AM »

Western countries already got enough jackasses of their own. Why import more?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2017, 07:26:23 AM »

Western countries already got enough jackasses of their own. Why import more?

Good question, yes.

WHY import more of them ? This is something the far-leftist loons always fail to answer.

Women and children ? No problem, let them in. But the 80% of young men that were sneaking themselves in over the past 2 years ? Unacceptable to me.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2017, 07:45:52 AM »

what?  all those videos of the "refugees" tossing full cases of water on the train tracks, grabbing boxes of things that were supposed to be handed out individually, forcing young children to look way more in distress than they actually are and stealing sh**t off the back of trucks/lorries doesn't look like "great anxiety" to you?

I dunno, the fact that over 5000 refugees drowned in The Mediterranean suggest the decision isn't some amusing lark either.
Omega21

« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2017, 08:17:15 AM »

I dunno, the fact that over 5000 refugees drowned in The Mediterranean suggest the decision isn't some amusing lark either.

No one said they should be left to drown in the water. They shouldn't be granted to choose where they live or how long they stay there, and as soon as the war is over unless they have a (2000 Euro+ Job) and are perfectly integrated, they need to be sent back to rebuild their Homeland.

And these are no harsh rules, these same rules apply for everyone in Austria in order to get a "Green Card".

For everyone, except the Refugees and the ones who are "connecting their Family".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2017, 10:28:39 AM »

No one said they should be left to drown in the water. They shouldn't be granted to choose where they live or how long they stay there, and as soon as the war is over unless they have a (2000 Euro+ Job) and are perfectly integrated, they need to be sent back to rebuild their Homeland.

Don't know what the number is on this, but presumably some of them sided with the uprising in some way, and are fleeing Assad.  Thus if Assad wins the war then returning home after the war is over is problematic.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2017, 12:25:39 PM »

And these are no harsh rules, these same rules apply for everyone in Austria in order to get a "Green Card".

For everyone, except the Refugees and the ones who are "connecting their Family".

That wasn't the point of my statement.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2017, 11:06:16 PM »

what?  all those videos of the "refugees" tossing full cases of water on the train tracks, grabbing boxes of things that were supposed to be handed out individually, forcing young children to look way more in distress than they actually are and stealing sh**t off the back of trucks/lorries doesn't look like "great anxiety" to you?

Excellent argument to stop giving them hope and just tell them that anyone who crosses the sea has to go back anyway. If they are all sent back, they will stop coming. It is the Europeans who create the incentive for people to try their luck and drown. Because keeping our borders open "feels good".
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2017, 08:28:28 AM »

ISIS et al and poverty are the main driver, liberal migration systems are only enhancing or focusing that drift, imho.

doesn't mean it has no consequences....but as long as africa/southern asia is in crisis, as long are its inhabitants going to risk their lives to leave.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2017, 08:37:59 AM »

never suggested it was.  Illegal immigration is very dangerous everywhere.  80% of women crossing the US-Mexican border get raped, often multiple times.  Those people drowned in the Mediterranean because lefties in Europe told them if they can make it here, they can stay.  You can't encourage a known dangerous thing and then blame the other side when the inevitable happens.  Well, you can, but it looks stupid.  I'm sure it plays well for other stupid people though, which is why it won't stop.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2017, 12:16:02 PM »

what?  all those videos of the "refugees" tossing full cases of water on the train tracks, grabbing boxes of things that were supposed to be handed out individually, forcing young children to look way more in distress than they actually are and stealing sh**t off the back of trucks/lorries doesn't look like "great anxiety" to you?

Excellent argument to stop giving them hope and just tell them that anyone who crosses the sea has to go back anyway. If they are all sent back, they will stop coming. It is the Europeans who create the incentive for people to try their luck and drown. Because keeping our borders open "feels good".

I don't even wholly disagree with this assessment, but the point of my statement if the fact that so many people die kind of disproves the notion that everybody not literally running from a bomb is planning to head to Europe for a sort of lark. If you do something you no runs the risk of death, there must be an element of desperation.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2017, 09:38:43 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2017, 08:03:41 AM by Kalwejt »

Turns out young migrants/refugees (Afghans, Chechens etc.) are real WiFi leeches and often spend hours at the Vienna train stations surfing the internet in large groups.

During the night hours, they often commit serious crimes (I have already reported on the significant increase in young migrant crime in and around train stations in the large Austrian cities).

This led the Austrian Railway to cut the free WiFi down to 15 minutes a day to scare away these migrants:

http://wien.orf.at/news/stories/2820892

http://www.thelocal.at/20170120/cut-free-wifi-to-combat-station-violence-say-rail-bosses
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2017, 09:47:06 AM »

Not to mention that the Austrian Railway is a deeply red (= Social Democratic) institution.

A desperate security situation calls for desperate measures I guess ...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2017, 09:50:41 AM by DavidB. »

Not sure if serious. And cutting off the WiFi is now a "desperate measure"?

Anyway, RIP McDonald's.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies