🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 67865 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 09:17:53 AM »

We don't need 3-5 f**king threads about crime statistics in a second-rate European capital.

Sure.

And first-rate, not 2nd rate ... Tony.

It's the 5th biggest city in the EU.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 11:21:50 AM »

So far, 4/9 Austrian states have released their murder count for 2016:

Vienna: 15
Lower Austria: 9
Salzburg: 2
Tyrol: 1

Total: 27

These 4 states have a population of 4.8 million people, so the murder rate was 0.6/100.000 people.

For comparison, Chicago (2.7 million people), had 760 murders last year ... (rate: 28/100.000)
Bragging about a low murder rate while panicking over migrant crime? At least be consistent.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 12:16:45 PM »

I'm not "bragging", I just post facts.

And as you can see, I already started posting it before the Middle-Eastern and North African migrants even came in ...

Besides, I am consistent: I have already posted before that foreigners in Austria have a very high crime rate and also murder rate (their share in the population is 13%, but make up 45% of all murder perpetrators and 35% of rapists).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2017, 07:34:01 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2017, 06:44:37 AM by Tender Branson »

---

A group of ~20 to 30 Chechen men met yesterday night at the Danube Island north of the city center.

Concerned residents called the police because the men behaved suspiciously.

When police arrived, one of the men wanted to hide a handgun in the snow.

Police also found a machine gun and plenty of ammunition.

All men have been arrested on terrorism charges.

https://kurier.at/chronik/wien/donauinsel-22-maenner-mit-maschinenpistole-festgenommen/244.778.482
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2017, 11:45:59 AM »

Sounds more likely to be criminal related stuff from the description rather than terrorism
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »

Yeah, commercial motives are most likely. Unless, of course, they were thinking of taking out the Russian embassy.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »

Just recently, a few Chechens threatened to kill Foreign and Integration Minister Sebastian Kurz (ÖVP) because he and his SPÖ-counterpart put a full-face veil ban law on the agenda for this year.

They said: "If we meet Mr. Kurz, we'll kill him because prostitutes are allowed to run around almost naked on the streets of Austria, while our veiled sisters are targeted by this motherfu**er."

Probably the arrest was not related with this (there are some 40.000 Chechens in Austria), but you never know. The fewer guns these Islamofascists have, or the more of them are deported from here, the better ...
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »

The fewer guns these Islamofascists have, or the more of them are deported from here, the better ...

Chechens are barely Muslim. If you think that what drives them is Islam, you know nothing of Chechnya. Islam for them is just another way of saying "we are what we are".
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »

The fewer guns these Islamofascists have, or the more of them are deported from here, the better ...

Chechens are barely Muslim. If you think that what drives them is Islam, you know nothing of Chechnya. Islam for them is just another way of saying "we are what we are".

I guess you are wrong. Almost all of the Chechens here in Austria are Muslims and according to many experts, they are one of the most radical ones around here (next to the Saudis and Salafists from the Gulf).

In fact, 80% of Austrian "foreign fighters" (= people who went to Iraq and Syria to fight for ISIS, or returned back "home") were Chechens ...
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 12:07:41 PM »

I guess you are wrong. Almost all of the Chechens here in Austria are Muslims and according to many experts, they are one of the most radical ones around here (next to the Saudis and Salafists from the Gulf).

In fact, 80% of Austrian "foreign fighters" (= people who went to Iraq and Syria to fight for ISIS, or returned back "home") were Chechens ...

They are Muslim, of course, and many are outwardly devout. But what is driving them is not being Muslim. It just so happens that they spent centuries fighting a Christian neighbour (Russia), so Islam is part of their nationalism. But nationalism and tribal affiliation is what drives them. Things like blood revenge are much more salient there than anything coming from any religion. You will understand them much better if you think Sicily, not ISIS.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 12:13:46 PM »

They are Muslim, of course, and many are outwardly devout. But what is driving them is not being Muslim. It just so happens that they spent centuries fighting a Christian neighbour (Russia), so Islam is part of their nationalism. But nationalism and tribal affiliation is what drives them. Things like blood revenge are much more salient there than anything coming from any religion. You will understand them much better if you think Sicily, not ISIS.

Not so sure about that. I once watched an ORF documentary about ISIS recruitment in Vienna (am Schauplatz, I guess) and Chechens are one of the most devout visitors of mosques in Vienna.

And not only that, Chechens are generally pretty violent there for years, with gang warfare, beating up women, drug dealing, rapes, and hitmans killings (even a prominent one which was directed personally by Kadyrow himself).

And the above-mentioned ISIS-fighters of course.

So, no need to trivialise the pain in the ass that many of them are ...
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »

Not so sure about that. I once watched an ORF documentary about ISIS recruitment in Vienna (am Schauplatz, I guess) and Chechens are one of the most devout visitors of mosques in Vienna.

And not only that, Chechens are generally pretty violent there for years, with gang warfare, beating up women, drug dealing, rapes, and hitmans killings (even a prominent one which was directed personally by Kadyrow himself).

And the above-mentioned ISIS-fighters of course.

So, no need to trivialise the pain in the ass that many of them are ...

You don't have to an Islamist to be a menace (or a pain in the ass). Coming a violent clan culture is wholly sufficient. ISIS is as much about looth and plunder as it is about Islamism.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »

Another of these "unique" horror cases, committed by "refugees" ...

The story is this:

A young woman from Germany visited her friend in Vienna who was studying there. They went out into a crowded bar during the evening. Some Iraqi men (all of them "refugees" who arrived in 2015) filled her up with vodka and took her to the apartment where some of the men were living in. They planned the gang-rape before. They sent the female family members who were living with them to another apartment so that they are not "disturbed".

Then they gang-raped her for several hours and took selfies. One of the men later testified that "she was a nasty woman and that raping her wasn't easy because she constantly cried and screamed".

In the morning, they dumped her at a subway station. The traumatized woman was found by pedestrians who called the ambulance. Now, the woman is a psychological wreck.

The 9 men (of which 4 are already recognized asylum seekers on welfare) will get between 5-15 years in prison. They cannot be deported to Iraq, because they'd get the death penalty there.

http://wien.orf.at/news/stories/2826866
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 05:34:57 PM »

Here we go.

Sydney had a similar incident years ago with Lebanese Australians of muslim immigrant families:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3pw7tb

The muslim boys 14-18 would lure young women and drive them to a secluded spot, gang rape them, and then phone another car load of young Lebanese men who would drive to the location and simply re-rape the same girls.

There was an issue where the rapists referred to the young women as "aussie sluts" and "we are going to rape you Leb-style".

Terrible crimes.

Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 05:41:27 PM »

I'm sure White Europeans would neeeeveeerrrr do anything like thiz
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »

Of course. The rape was unknown in Europe before Muslim refugees.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 08:19:37 PM »

I sincerely doubt you could find 9 European men to agree to conspire to rape someone.

Never heard of gang rape?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 08:27:32 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 12:37:21 AM by Cashew »

But the Austrian state  only has a responsibility to look after it's citizens, anybody else is only there as a privilege. The rapes committed by the local men are an unfortunate and unavoidable reality, but those are natural burdens every society has to deal with. What makes this behavior more heinous, on top of the rape, is that these men went out of their way to backstab the society that took serious risks in letting them into their metaphorical house. Yes we do have a right to expect gratitude from those that are let in.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 11:55:45 PM »

Terrible. Sad to see some (thankfully not all) of the red avatars basically saying "This is normal don't judge you evil white men would do the same thing".
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2017, 12:23:00 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2017, 08:01:34 AM by Zadig »

But the Austrian state  only has a responsibility to look after it's citizens, anybody else is only there as a privilege. The rapes committed by the local are an unfortunate and unavoidable reality, but those are natural burdens every society has to deal with. What makes this behavior more heinous, on top of the rape, these men went out of their way to backstab the society that took serious risks in letting them into their metaphorical house. Yes we do have a right to expect gratitude from those that are let in.

But I also agree with this.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2017, 12:49:23 AM »

Terrible. Sad to see some (thankfully not all) of the red avatars basically saying "This is normal don't judge you evil white men would do the same thing".

All I'm saying is he shouldn't "imply" that this is something only done by refugees and don't give a sh't when a similar situation is committed by non-immigrants
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2017, 02:59:10 AM »

Subtle, Tender. I guess you would be sharing this if it had been Austrian citizens doing the rape?

Regardless, yes, this is a terrible crime, these men should be in prison, longer than 5-15 years, I think. Life if the Austrian legal system allows for it.

There's no dispute that the crime is terrible, just the terribly unsubtle message of "REFUGEES BAD NATIONALISM GOOD".
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2017, 03:51:55 AM »

You guys are not getting it ...

There are 7.4 million Austrians and 1.4 million foreigners in the country.

Of the 1.4 million foreigners, around 10% (140.000) are recently-arrived asylum seekers.

Almost all of the high-profile rape cases in recent years are committed by aslum seekers - allthough they are not even 2% of the overall population.

Rape among Austrian citizens is extremely rare (Austrians used to kill quite a few prostitutes back in the 1980s, but rape ... it's very rare these days).

Besides, I sometimes post some horrible crimes committed by Austrians too (like a few years ago when some guy shot and killed 4 police officers/ambulance drivers etc.) - but these are rare cases every few years - and not on a daily basis like the immigrant rape and murder cases.

Subtle, Tender. I guess you would be sharing this if it had been Austrian citizens doing the rape?

Regardless, yes, this is a terrible crime, these men should be in prison, longer than 5-15 years, I think. Life if the Austrian legal system allows for it.

There's no dispute that the crime is terrible, just the terribly unsubtle message of "REFUGEES BAD NATIONALISM GOOD".

The crime is considered "grievous bodily harm" and the max. sentence is 15 years.

Life imprisonment (which is what they should get) is not an option.

Besides, nationalism has nothing to do with it.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2017, 04:22:22 AM »

Almost all of the high-profile rape cases in recent years are committed by aslum seekers - allthough they are not even 2% of the overall population.

Last October, the Federal Criminal Police of Germany released numbers that more than 95% of all sex crimes in Germany are committed by non-asylum seekers ("Kriminalität im Kontext von Zuwanderung - Bundeslagebild 2015" from October 18, page 14).

I can't imagine that Austria is radically different from Germany in that respect. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the ration is a bit lower in Austria, since they do have fewer refugees. Have you tried to ascertain whether Austrian police has released such numbers?

In any case, it certainly stands out that you only post about the 5% of rapes which are committed by refugees and never about the 95% of rapes which are committed by non-refugees.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2017, 04:34:51 AM »

Last October, the Federal Criminal Police of Germany released numbers that more than 95% of all sex crimes in Germany are committed by non-asylum seekers ("Kriminalität im Kontext von Zuwanderung - Bundeslagebild 2015" from October 18, page 14).

I can't imagine that Austria is radically different from Germany in that respect. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the ration is a bit lower in Austria, since they do have fewer refugees. Have you tried to ascertain whether Austrian police has released such numbers?

In any case, it certainly stands out that you only post about the 5% of rapes which are committed by refugees and never about the 95% of rapes which are committed by non-refugees.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=255275.msg5452085#msg5452085

Btw: Austria doesn't have fewer refugees. The numbers are roughly comparable with Germany percentage-wise.

And also, you say that asylum seekers are responsible for 5% of all rapes in Germany, but they only make up 1-2% of the population. Which means they have a much higher rape-rate than Germans.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies