🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:44:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 67861 times)
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: June 22, 2018, 09:47:13 AM »

When will the madness end? Germany, do something.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #351 on: June 22, 2018, 10:22:15 AM »

It seems to me that the suspect is not actually an immigrant.

Still a horrible crime. RIP.

What Tender means is that his skin was dark.

Don't know what you guys are talking about, but all the sources say that the perpetrator is a Moroccan truck driver who was questioned by Spanish police and who confessed to the crime.

Being a Moroccan means that he's either an immigrant living in Germany, or an immigrant living in Spain - who's driving to Germany with his truck.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #352 on: June 24, 2018, 03:52:03 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2018, 09:53:00 AM by coloniac »

It seems to me that the suspect is not actually an immigrant.

Still a horrible crime. RIP.

What Tender means is that his skin was dark.

Don't know what you guys are talking about, but all the sources say that the perpetrator is a Moroccan truck driver who was questioned by Spanish police and who confessed to the crime.

Being a Moroccan means that he's either an immigrant living in Germany, or an immigrant living in Spain - who's driving to Germany with his truck.

No Tender, he could have been born and raised in either country. And still hold Morroccan nationality. That would not make him an immigrant.
pilskonzept
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -2.67, S: -2.92

« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2018, 06:40:10 AM »

It's possible that he still lives in Morocco and not in any European country. After all, he drove a Moroccan-registered truck for a Moroccan-owned company.

(Yes, dual citizenship or EU residency would help such workers to avoid visa hassle. But at that point we are really talking about entry rules, not immigration rules.)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2018, 02:42:47 PM »

As already said, was probably not an immigrant but a truck driver. Nevertheless, I don't understand how a young woman can voluntarily and alone go on board a truck with a man regardless of nationality. I'd never allow my girlfriend to do this, neither do I know a young woman doing this. Better to spend a few bucks and take the train, which is much safer. Like I will never get it why some young women walk home alone at night. Even I try to avoid it.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #355 on: June 24, 2018, 03:29:42 PM »

As already said, was probably not an immigrant but a truck driver. Nevertheless, I don't understand how a young woman can voluntarily and alone go on board a truck with a man regardless of nationality. I'd never allow my girlfriend to do this, neither do I know a young woman doing this. Better to spend a few bucks and take the train, which is much safer. Like I will never get it why some young women walk home alone at night. Even I try to avoid it.
Ya might want to rephrase that.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2018, 03:31:37 PM »

Well, a stranger of course. Not me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #357 on: June 24, 2018, 05:23:15 PM »

Well, a stranger of course. Not me.
that's not what he was talking about.  Here in the free world men don't own their women, they do what they want, not what we "allow" them to do.  Even if what they're doing is freaking retarded.  We can't even suggest they not wear short skirts in dark alleys without a world of hell falling down upon anybody that would dare say it out loud.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2018, 12:26:55 PM »

A 30-year old Romanian man has shot and killed his pregnant 27-year old girlfriend today.

He then took another woman and 4-year old child hostage, but they were released after negotiations with the police.

He then jumped out of the window and is in a serious condition now.

https://kurier.at/chronik/oesterreich/schuesse-und-geiselnahme-27-jaehrige-starb-bei-beziehungsstreit/400056728

And the trend continues ...

What's interesting is that 28 of the 32 murder victims so far this year in Austria were women (an unusally high number).

They were mostly killed by their relatives (husbands, boyfriends or sons) and most were stabbed to death. The number of foreign suspects or with a migration background (as I regularly post) was high. Every 2nd murder suspect is a foreigner.

http://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/wien/Frau-35-in-Wien-ermordet-Jetzt-spricht-Verwandte/335568533
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: July 03, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »

35 people have been murdered in Austria in the first 6 months of the year.

Among them 30 women and female children.

If this trend continues, there could be 70 killings this year (murder rate of 0.8/100.000 people).

In the 1970s and 1980s, the average murder rate was 1.8 and 1.4 per 100.000, which dropped to 1.2 in the 1990s and to 1.0 in the 2000s. The 2010s so far were around 0.8 and 2014 actually reached an all-time-low with 0.4 per 100.000 (or below 40 killings).

While 2018 is shaping up to be average for this decade, the numbers are on the rise in the last years.

Also, the number of women killed is unusually high this year.

---

The US has the same trend as Austria, with a record-low murder rate back in 2014 and then a rising rate again (but the rate here is 7-10x lower than in the US):

No statistics available yet for 2017 or the first half of 2018.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: July 07, 2018, 01:12:13 AM »

An interesting fact about Austria's low recent murder rates compared with the 1970s and 1980s:

I have read an article recently that suggests that the number of autopsies performed in Austria have dropped significantly between the 1970s and now.

On the other hand, death cases classified as "cause of death undetermined" have skyrocketed: In the 1970s, there were only 50 cases of "cause of death undetermined", but now these cases are around 400.

Obviously, not all of these 400 cases are "hidden" murders, but some might be.

Also, the murder rate definitely has dropped significantly over the past 20 years - because of the significant toughening of the gun law in the late 1990s, which also led to much fewer suicides. Studies have clearly shown this effect here: fewer guns available for people, better background checks and the numbers drop. Plus, better forensics and better psychological treatment, even in rural areas.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #361 on: July 16, 2018, 05:50:48 AM »

A few days ago, an 18-year old Iraqi asylum seeker tried to rape his 16-year old Austrian girlfriend here in Zell am See, where I live.

https://www.polizei.gv.at/sbg/presse/aussendungen/presse.aspx?prid=3652454338624C794C4C413D&pro=1
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: July 19, 2018, 08:30:39 AM »

A 24-year old man has punched several Jews and women today in a Vienna subway, but was swiftly arrested:

Police said that "preliminary" talks with the man indicate no political motive.

http://www.heute.at/oesterreich/wien/story/Pruegelattacke-auf-Juden-in-Wien-56029743
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #363 on: July 19, 2018, 09:09:51 AM »

I wonder if this young bigot knows that Miami Beach is, in fact, full of Jews.  This is almost like beating up black people while wearing a Harlem Globetrotters jersey.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: July 20, 2018, 01:37:19 AM »

I wonder if this young bigot knows that Miami Beach is, in fact, full of Jews.  This is almost like beating up black people while wearing a Harlem Globetrotters jersey.

It should be noted that the arrested man was a Turk and police are now treating it as an anti-semitic attack, because according to witnesses he "clearly aimed at the Jews" (wearing a kippa) to attack them.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #365 on: July 22, 2018, 02:15:46 AM »

Austria's tightened gun law in 1997 has significantly lowered gun homicides and suicides in the country, according to a new study by the MedUni Vienna:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.meduniwien.ac.at/web/en/about-us/news/detailsite/2018/news-im-juli-2018/stricter-firearm-legislation-lowers-murder-and-suicide-rates/
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: July 25, 2018, 01:37:50 PM »

After the first half of 2018 had a significant increase in the number of murders (35 in total), there was no murder reported during the past month ...

It's really rare in a country of 9 million that no murder happens over a period of a month ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #367 on: August 01, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »

To be fair and balanced, here is a recent case of an 18-year old Austrian travelling to the US to meet and f**k a 15-year old girl he met online:

Austrian man traveled to Florida for sex with teen, deputies say

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/austria-man-had-sex-with-teen-after-traveling-to-sarasota-county-detectives-say

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-sarasota-manatee/venice/austrian-man-arrested-after-traveling-to-sarasota-county-to-have-sex-with-15-year-old-he-met-online
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #368 on: August 05, 2018, 01:45:48 PM »

3 Polish workers have gone wild Friday evening here in Zell am See district, reports local police:

https://salzburg.orf.at/news/stories/2928457
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: August 11, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »

To be fair and balanced, here is a recent case of an 18-year old Austrian travelling to the US to meet and f**k a 15-year old girl he met online:

Austrian man traveled to Florida for sex with teen, deputies say

Austrian teen freed on $200,000 bail in US underage sex case

https://www.thelocal.at/20180811/austrian-teen-freed-on-200000-bail-in-us-underage-sex-case

Idiotic that you can be charged as an 18-year old in FL, for having sex with a 15 year old ... Roll Eyes
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: August 22, 2018, 11:25:35 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2019, 12:57:36 PM by Kalwejt »

An immigrant perpetrator, who carried out a disgusting honour killing last year, has been sentenced to life in prison today. He confessed in court to killing his own younger sister out of a "cultural reason":

Afghan Refugee Gets Life Sentence For So-Called Honor Killing Of Sister

https://gandhara.rferl.org/a/afghan-refugee-gets-life-sentence-for-so-called-honor-killing-of-sister/29447684.html

The worst scum.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2018, 06:23:08 AM »

Illegal immigrant eludes Austrian police

Mystery kangaroo in Austria still on the loose

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45407767

Perhaps this will finally wake people up about the marsupial menace.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: September 10, 2018, 01:06:50 PM »

Another disgusting asylum seeker crime in Vienna yesterday:

https://derstandard.at/2000087054946/Mordverdaechtiger-in-Wien-haette-Haft-anzutreten-gehabt

A 40-year old Iraqi man stabbed and killed his 50-year old girlfriend (also an Iraqi) yesterday evening.

The man, who has been in the country since 2004 when he first claimed asylum, has been arrested and sentenced to prison 3 (!) times already and at one point was even deported back to Italy after he served time in prison for assault, robbery and smuggling - but he eventually came back to Austria and claimed asylum again (his claim is still being "processed", but considering his previous sentences, was never approved anymore). So, he virtually committed the murder yesterday as an illegal because he should have been in Italy and not in Austria. Or even better, he should have been in Iraq and should have never set foot into Europe ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: September 15, 2018, 04:49:37 AM »

A man who stabbed four people in two knife attacks in the Austrian capital Vienna on March 7 was sentenced to life in jail on Thursday.

The 23-year-old Afghan national was found guilty by jurors on four counts of attempted murder.

The attacker did not claim any political motivation for his actions.

A couple and their 17-year-old daughter sustained severe injuries in the first attack near Nestroyplatz metro station, surviving thanks only to a quick response from emergency services.

The man then went onto the Praterstern area and stabbed his drug dealer, who he blamed for his "sad life situation", according to prosecutors.

Between attacks, the man was a confronted by a passerby who avoided injury. The suspect was convicted on a further count of coercion for this encounter.

https://www.thelocal.at/20180914/vienna-knife-attacker-gets-life-sentence

And in another case last night, 5 about-to-be-deported young Afghans and 1 Iranian set fire in their prison cells:

https://wien.orf.at/news/stories/2936066
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: September 15, 2018, 10:17:23 AM »

A 31-year old Austrian woman in a lesbian relationship has strangled to death her 25-year old German girlfriend tonight in a Vienna hotel suite.

The motive is unclear, but it could be a sex accident rather than murder.

https://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/Frauen-Liebe-endete-mit-Mord-Alarm-in-Hotel/348763750
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies