The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:43:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 204740 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: May 09, 2015, 01:49:31 AM »

Merge with LD and Conservatives into the Scottish Unionist Party. Or, at least, agree with the other two to run only one Unionist candidate in each constituency.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #476 on: May 09, 2015, 01:58:29 AM »

she doesn't realize it's "because of whitey" that she has electricity, air conditioning, computers and a car.
i'm sorry but the responses to my post boxed me in to putting this frankly:

western people as of today have been the most accepting and generous ethnic group of people in the history of humanity. how do you think east asians think of black people? how about indians or arabs? how many asylum seekers do you think japan will accept?

don't get me wrong we have had our share of terrible things done throughout history. but the enlightenment mentality in european civilization is responsible for literally every social advancement that makes the modern age. the muslims are probably the only civilization that had a shot of filling this role in the middle ages, but that window closed.

basically every "good/free" country in the world is that way because they adopted the "western" way of doing things.

yeah, sh**tty things happened, as they always do. do you think things would be better if the black people conquered europe and did the same thing? they would probably be worse frankly. the fact of the matter is the technologically superior civilization always absorbed or outright annihilated the lesser civilization. that's how history worked. american black people are literally the most well off subsection of their ethnicity on earth. don't get me wrong they had to fight against the ignorance of the white majority back then to make it happen, but it did. how do you think the black civil disobedience of a former slave population would've gone down in china? how about india? they would make the kkk look like saints, don't lie to yourself and pretend otherwise. 

there is plenty of work to be done in the name of ethnic equality, but this mentality pisses me off. she has the gall to whine about how "white people" are the problem when in reality they are the reason she has anything she does today. odds are she would just be some random subsistence farm girl, probably raped multiple times by randoms had it not been for these white people she hates so much.

there, i said it.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #477 on: May 09, 2015, 01:35:56 PM »

obviously one of the worst presidents we've ever had

not obvious at all.  overall his presidency was quite good.

i voted ff.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #478 on: May 09, 2015, 02:43:56 PM »

Can everyone please call Cory the resident white nationalist instead of attacking me over my own past now Tongue.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #479 on: May 09, 2015, 02:49:16 PM »

she doesn't realize it's "because of whitey" that she has electricity, air conditioning, computers and a car.

western people as of today have been the most accepting and generous ethnic group of people in the history of humanity. how do you think east asians think of black people? how about indians or arabs? how many asylum seekers do you think japan will accept?

don't get me wrong we have had our share of terrible things done throughout history. but the enlightenment mentality in european civilization is responsible for literally every social advancement that makes the modern age. the muslims are probably the only civilization that had a shot of filling this role in the middle ages, but that window closed.

basically every "good/free" country in the world is that way because they adopted the "western" way of doing things.

yeah, sh**tty things happened, as they always do. do you think things would be better if the black people conquered europe and did the same thing? they would probably be worse frankly. the fact of the matter is the technologically superior civilization always absorbed or outright annihilated the lesser civilization. that's how history worked. american black people are literally the most well off subsection of their ethnicity on earth. don't get me wrong they had to fight against the ignorance of the white majority back then to make it happen, but it did. how do you think the black civil disobedience of a former slave population would've gone down in china? how about india? they would make the kkk look like saints, don't lie to yourself and pretend otherwise. 

there is plenty of work to be done in the name of ethnic equality, but this mentality pisses me off. she has the gall to whine about how "white people" are the problem when in reality they are the reason she has anything she does today. odds are she would just be some random subsistence farm girl, probably raped multiple times by randoms had it not been for these white people she hates so much.

there, i said it.

Why did you make Cory's posts all in lowercase?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #480 on: May 09, 2015, 03:27:48 PM »

there, i said it.

i didn't, it's a browser extension Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #481 on: May 09, 2015, 06:29:23 PM »

there, i said it.

i didn't, it's a browser extension Tongue

Mods, please ban.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #482 on: May 09, 2015, 09:39:53 PM »

Considering it will be an Islamic state within a century, it should do the rest of the world a favor and dispose of them immediately.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #483 on: May 10, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »

The reckless Islamo-fascist pseudo-dictator Erdogan strikes again...

It's strange, Branson's hysteria makes me want to defend someone so unpleasant and objectionable like Erdogan.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #484 on: May 10, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »

Horrible results, but democracy worked. Bush didn't steal the election and Gore lost fair and square.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #485 on: May 11, 2015, 08:21:53 AM »

Bravo Obama! Thank God we have a president who is bravely willing to stand up to both the teabagger far right and the professional left in this country. For the past seven years, you've just seen wave after wave of these nonsensical arguments from these bratty and entitled true leftists on the internet and now in Congress (on everything from Guantanamo to the NSA to the NDAA to Obamacare), and it's refreshing that Obama is finally willing to challenge these idiots. All they care about is symbolic battles, while Obama has been in the trenches for the past seven years actually doing concrete things to make this country better.

edit: I know that sounds angry and hyperbolic and I don't even really care that much about TPP, but "the left's" arguments against this have just been exhaustingly terrible and nothing but inflammatory fearmongering (SECRET DEALS!!!111! CORPORATIONS WILL SUE US!!!!11!). Imagine if the effort put into defeating this bill had been put into defending and promoting the Affordable Care Act. The American left is supposed to be reality-based and pragmatic, that is our greatest advantage over the frothing fascists on the other side of the aisle. But the reaction to the TPP has been embarrassing.

I was going to post this one, but I'm delighted that someone else already has. I presume that Lief would be anti-TPP if it were Bush negotiating it, and if Obama came out for tax cuts for the rich and a land war in Asia with the Russians tomorrow, he'd be all for it.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #486 on: May 11, 2015, 09:54:04 AM »

It's a tend that's only likely to continue, something pretty strongly evidenced by election results elsewhere in the advanced democracies. Without anything resembling a real political left existing in the US today, political trends are going to necessarily imitate the extreme identitarianism that has substituted itself for meaningful politics since at least 1947. When Taft-Hartley was enacted, the unions and civil society purged of the left, and left-wing organizations banned or proscribed, political struggle moved from the realm of multiracial, multiethnic, multinational class politics to hyper-individualized identity politics. The fact that this remains unchallenged even on the left is why you're going to see America increasingly resemble South Africa in terms of political coalitions and outcomes.

The Democratic Party may emerge as the majority party over the course of the next generation, but it won't do so as a 'progressive' party in the traditional sense. Much like the ANC, the Democrats will become (even moreso than they already are) a party with a progressive veneer enacting more and more pro-capitalist policies. The trend has existed within the Democratic Party since the 1960s (Kennedy was the first more or less post-New Deal president), and has gained steam as the traditional class coalition that underpinned the old Democratic Party collapsed and was replaced by a frankenstein coalition of ultra-rich financiers and tech magnates and the utterly destitute. As the Republicans play up their own identity politics (white, male, Christian, rural, and suburban identity politics), the Democrats will respond with their own and the coalitions will be increasingly racially, rather than socioeconomically, based.

I'd say we can expect the Republicans to start winning an overwhelming majority of the white vote at some point in the future. Granted, they already win a majority of it, but I'm talking about 2/3rds of it, which may very well doom the Democratic Party to another four decades in opposition, as was the case between the 1970s and now. Barring the re-emergence of a left committed to class politics, we will continue to slide down the identitarian rabbit hole, where politics is less about who should be commanding and controlling the economy (capitalists or the rest of us) and more about things like whether or not video games are anti-feminist, or whether or not the Democrats are planning 'white genocide' or whatever the lunatic far-right identitarians are going off on these days.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #487 on: May 11, 2015, 10:00:26 AM »

It's a tend that's only likely to continue, something pretty strongly evidenced by election results elsewhere in the advanced democracies. Without anything resembling a real political left existing in the US today, political trends are going to necessarily imitate the extreme identitarianism that has substituted itself for meaningful politics since at least 1947. When Taft-Hartley was enacted, the unions and civil society purged of the left, and left-wing organizations banned or proscribed, political struggle moved from the realm of multiracial, multiethnic, multinational class politics to hyper-individualized identity politics. The fact that this remains unchallenged even on the left is why you're going to see America increasingly resemble South Africa in terms of political coalitions and outcomes.

The Democratic Party may emerge as the majority party over the course of the next generation, but it won't do so as a 'progressive' party in the traditional sense. Much like the ANC, the Democrats will become (even moreso than they already are) a party with a progressive veneer enacting more and more pro-capitalist policies. The trend has existed within the Democratic Party since the 1960s (Kennedy was the first more or less post-New Deal president), and has gained steam as the traditional class coalition that underpinned the old Democratic Party collapsed and was replaced by a frankenstein coalition of ultra-rich financiers and tech magnates and the utterly destitute. As the Republicans play up their own identity politics (white, male, Christian, rural, and suburban identity politics), the Democrats will respond with their own and the coalitions will be increasingly racially, rather than socioeconomically, based.

I'd say we can expect the Republicans to start winning an overwhelming majority of the white vote at some point in the future. Granted, they already win a majority of it, but I'm talking about 2/3rds of it, which may very well doom the Democratic Party to another four decades in opposition, as was the case between the 1970s and now. Barring the re-emergence of a left committed to class politics, we will continue to slide down the identitarian rabbit hole, where politics is less about who should be commanding and controlling the economy (capitalists or the rest of us) and more about things like whether or not video games are anti-feminist, or whether or not the Democrats are planning 'white genocide' or whatever the lunatic far-right identitarians are going off on these days.

I fully understand how that post would be disagreeable from a liberal perspective, but are you going to bother giving it a response or are you afraid to take him on?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #488 on: May 11, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »

Obama is planning a land war in Asia, but against China, not Russia, TNF. Read more Beet posts.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #489 on: May 11, 2015, 12:34:13 PM »

Bravo Obama! Thank God we have a president who is bravely willing to stand up to both the teabagger far right and the professional left in this country. For the past seven years, you've just seen wave after wave of these nonsensical arguments from these bratty and entitled true leftists on the internet and now in Congress (on everything from Guantanamo to the NSA to the NDAA to Obamacare), and it's refreshing that Obama is finally willing to challenge these idiots. All they care about is symbolic battles, while Obama has been in the trenches for the past seven years actually doing concrete things to make this country better.

edit: I know that sounds angry and hyperbolic and I don't even really care that much about TPP, but "the left's" arguments against this have just been exhaustingly terrible and nothing but inflammatory fearmongering (SECRET DEALS!!!111! CORPORATIONS WILL SUE US!!!!11!). Imagine if the effort put into defeating this bill had been put into defending and promoting the Affordable Care Act. The American left is supposed to be reality-based and pragmatic, that is our greatest advantage over the frothing fascists on the other side of the aisle. But the reaction to the TPP has been embarrassing.

I was going to post this one, but I'm delighted that someone else already has. I presume that Lief would be anti-TPP if it were Bush negotiating it, and if Obama came out for tax cuts for the rich and a land war in Asia with the Russians tomorrow, he'd be all for it.

I am (marginally) against TPP, for what it's worth. My point (and I agree that it's jumbled because I can't really think about anything besides antitrust law and criminal procedure at the moment) is that the left's campaign against it is embarrassingly stupid and counter-productive. I'm also annoyed that people like Warren are seen as paragons of political virtue, when she's just as self-serving, self-promotional and deceitful as anyone else.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #490 on: May 11, 2015, 01:51:49 PM »

Anywhere in Canada is more liberal than (almost) anywhere in the US.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #491 on: May 12, 2015, 08:34:47 AM »

You are all assuming I am just going to pop in there and update about my life.  I am actually quite happy without any forum update.  And, the allowance of profanity completely turns me off.  I'll stay here on this forum and the other forum that you guys foolishly tried to invade.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #492 on: May 12, 2015, 06:56:21 PM »

Bastards seceded from Pennsylvania so they could keep slavery.
Made no sense whatsoever.

It's literally true though. The three counties of Delaware were previously part of Pennsylvania.
t_host1

« Reply #493 on: May 14, 2015, 08:41:50 AM »

I at first opened this thread so to seek help on what not to understand in an attempt to improve ag communications; having now scrolled a couple of recent pages I have found no help and now can only recommend an ag review for references.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #494 on: May 15, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »

Context, especially if you follow NH politics:

No one will remember nor care about this in Nov. 2016.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #495 on: May 16, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »

You think they care for the poor here? The party is responsible for institutionalizing poverty, and spending all of our investment capital on seniors who aren't in need.

Democrats can say whatever they want, but their actions prove that they loathe the poor. 

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #496 on: May 18, 2015, 10:41:46 PM »

...well, after having a week to think about it; thank God dubya was president during the 911 era and we already knew what we know now about the Obama Iraq war, The Last Supper.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #497 on: May 19, 2015, 04:47:49 PM »

"Cry me a river" about slaughtering people in the millions because of a psychotic machismo?

It wasn't that simple and you know it. It's not like the whole thing was his idea. It was widely believed in Washington that South Vietnam would just be the first "domino" to fall leading to Communist domination of Indo-China and Thailand.

Once the going got rough we couldn't "just withdraw" or else we would look weak in the eyes of the world. Geo-politics isn't pretty. It just really seems like a lot of people on this forum just utterly don't get how these things work.

"It wasn't that simple and you know it. It's not like the whole thing was his idea. It was widely believed in Washington that Georgia would just be the first "domino" to fall leading to Indian domination of Carolina and Virginia.

Once the going got rough we couldn't "just withdraw" or else we would look weak in the eyes of the world. Geo-politics isn't pretty. It just really seems like a lot of people on this forum just utterly don't get how these things work."
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #498 on: May 20, 2015, 12:36:29 AM »

The moment she leaves office. Preferably by impeachment on her first day in office, for being a far-left loon.

I know it's Wulfric, but....
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #499 on: May 21, 2015, 05:10:36 PM »

A CEO was forced out of his job for the "crime" of engaging in the political process by donating to the campaign for California's Proposition 8.   Bakers are being forced to bake cakes with messages in support of something they vehemently disagree with.   Some "progressives" label anyone who has legitimate religious objections to gay marriage as "bigots" and "haters", instead of engaging in debate, and try to ruin opponents' lives and job prospects. 

If you don't see that as gun pointing by SSM proponents, I don't know what to tell you.  If you dare disagree with SSM, you are evil incarnate to "progressives".

That's because there's no such thing as a legitimate religious objection to gay marriage.

It's 2015. Religion should evolve alongside people. Also, because this is a secular nation, run on, wait for it, secular values, prohibiting or denying SSM on religious grounds would be going against separation of church and state.

You're more than welcome to move to someplace like Iran though if you want a country run on religious grounds.

Newsflash:  The Bible is not changing.  Religion should not get with the times.  It is time society stops trying to rip pages out of the Bible.  I sincerely hope the Supreme Court is smart and does NOT impose same-sex marriage in all 50 states.  It threatens America's churches, especially the most conservative ones.  It also threatens Christian schools.  Liberal progressives seriously want to see pastors thrown in jail for life for preaching against same sex marriage and they want to take away tax exempt status for those who refuse to go along with gay marriage.  The denominations who are allowing same sex marriage now are 100% WRONG on that issue.  The Bible clearly states Adam and Eve.  The Bible clearly prohibits a man sleeping with a man.  It is not a slippery slope to other forms of "marriage", but it is a slippery slope to which all voices of opposition will be discriminated against, by the loss of jobs, the loss of their business, imprisonment.

However, there is one thing that is an ABSOLUTE FACT that NO one can deny.  Jesus reigns.  What He says goes.  It doesn't matter if you're an atheist or a member of another religion.  What Jesus says goes.  He will stamp out ALL same sex relationships and marriages.  He will get rid of all sin.

Furthermore, the Bible clearly says no one is born gay.  Being gay is absolutely positively a choice.  The Bible is the rule book on all human life, so no one can legitimately deny its teachings.

Just because we Christians hate gay marriage does not mean we hate gay people or are bigots.  We love gays, but are just trying to uphold traditional, conservative values that liberal progressives are trying so hard to get rid of and replace.

Gay activists should not force everyone to accept their marriage.  They want open mindedness, so why aren't they open minded to conservative, Biblical values?

Sorry for the rant, but it is a topic I have come to the correct realization on.  Christianity reigns and gay marriage loses in eternity.  Pure and simple.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies