The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:05:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203781 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2015, 06:50:35 AM »

this idea that a lot of liberals have that people should somehow check their beliefs at the door when engaging in policy discussions or should avoid making use of the institutions that represent their beliefs for political mobilization is distinctly, uh, odd.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2015, 12:21:07 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2015, 12:23:13 PM by sex-negative feminist prude »

this idea that a lot of liberals have that people should somehow check their beliefs at the door when engaging in policy discussions or should avoid making use of the institutions that represent their beliefs for political mobilization is distinctly, uh, odd.

Normally I'd be offended but since it's you, the poster with a poorer understanding of religion and sociology than some precocious ten-year-olds, the poster who claims that I don't bother to constructively respond to his arguments...I'm laughing.

(No but seriously the idea that you very heavily implied that it's somehow preferable that people in public life who don't share your religious beliefs be craven, cynical, and dishonest rather than sincere and idealistic is the quintessence of 3edgy5me and it's actually kind of adorable.)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2015, 07:54:11 AM »

Multiple attempts at failed snark her, tho the last is particularly absurd:
Manning deserves the death penalty, but in principle it's important for people who are sitting in prison to have access to the health-care they need (and, yes, sex reassignment surgery is included), so I suppose this is good news on balance? Sort of conflicted.

No it isn't.

1. we're talking about hrt, not srs.
2. i'd really like to see your reasoning for this claim.

If you're going to use initialisms, I think we'd all prefer that you at least capitalize them. Otherwise, it looks like you're trying to say "hurt" and "serious", which of course makes no sense.

i think it's pretty obvious in context Tongue

You're also supposed to capitalize letters at the beginning of a sentence, and end said sentence with a period. I'm not sure how a colon followed by a lower-case "p" is supposed to do the same job here.

this is an internet forum, not a fcking résumé.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2015, 08:44:35 AM »

Manning deserves the death penalty, but in principle it's important for people who are sitting in prison to have access to the health-care they need (and, yes, sex reassignment surgery is included), so I suppose this is good news on balance? Sort of conflicted.

No it isn't.

If you're going to use initialisms, I think we'd all prefer that you at least capitalize them. Otherwise, it looks like you're trying to say "hurt" and "serious", which of course makes no sense.

You're also supposed to capitalize letters at the beginning of a sentence, and end said sentence with a period. I'm not sure how a colon followed by a lower-case "p" is supposed to do the same job here.

no attempt at snark was made; all of my statements were 100% factual Curly
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2015, 02:34:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And the religious bigotry continues.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2015, 03:37:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And the religious bigotry continues.

What is bigoted about this post? The cult remark?

There is evidence to support that claim: Mormonism does not fare well under the BITE model or Robert Lifton's 'Thought Reform' criteria. It doesn't help that Mormonism's foundations, and it's significant claims relative to other branches of Christianity, become lot more dubious when placed under critical examination; nor does it enjoy the obfuscation by the weight of history that Islam, Judaism, and other mainline branches of Christianity enjoy.

Moreover, I can critique its political structure, or it's belief systems, without passing judgement onto the average believer.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2015, 06:17:21 PM »

Apparently Netanyahu wants to finish the job Hitler started.

This wouldn't surprise me at all, especially with the news that Bibi may have leaked secrets on the Iran nuclear deal with the Israeli press.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/report-netanyahu-leak-details-nuclear-talks-iran

Shootings at synagogues, swastikas on graves, it seems as though Netanyahu and his goons are going into overdrive trying to fan the flames of antisemitism as much as possible and scare gullible Jews into moving to Israel.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2015, 06:48:30 PM »

No. The Senate slows everything down to a crawl and keeps government foolishness at a minimal. It does not nearly keep enough foolish down but it does an okay job at it. If anything we should ONLY have the Senate because then gridlock would make governing almost impossible.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2015, 12:55:13 PM »

No. Feminism is the solution to nothing, and shouldn't exist in modern society in any way, shape or form.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2015, 01:20:35 PM »

No. Feminism is the solution to nothing, and shouldn't exist in modern society in any way, shape or form.

Wow, this is undoubtedly one of the worst posts I've ever seen.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »

Wow, this is undoubtedly one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

Agreed.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »

Washington Nationals 82-80 (They have the best talent in the division (Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg, Jordan Zimmerman. Max Scherzer and Ryan Zimmerman), but they overpaid for Scherzer, and need to do something about Jayson Werth's bad contract)

Pittsburgh Pirates 80-82 (They've lost too much to be competitive, hopefully it won't be another 20 years before we see them with a winning record again)

Cleveland Indians 75-87 (Terry Francona is a very good manager, he just has nothing to work with (except midges))

Especially the third part.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2015, 10:43:48 PM »

Good evening, guys!  Based on studying Bible prophecy and then doing some research, I think I have stumbled across a candidate who fits the bill that the Bible points out for the Antichrist.  It is not Vladimir Putin or Barack Obama or Tony Blair.  He is a newcomer to the world scene - the new Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras.  Here is what I believe that matches up with Scripture.  He is an atheist, first and foremost.  As a child in the early 1980's, he became involved with the Communist Youth of Greece.  He is leader of the Coalition of the Radical Left political party in Greece.  He is from Athens, Greece which fulfills the prophecy that he must come the European Union (the reborn Holy Roman Empire) and from Macedonia which includes Greece.  He is very pro-Palestine.  He has already talked with Pope Francis, who is shaping up to be the False Prophet, and they see eye to eye on a lot of thing.  I can't say 100% certain that he is indeed the Antichrist, but he is the best candidate we've had so far.  So, take that and chew on it for a little while. Smiley
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2015, 01:23:56 AM »

Good evening, guys!  Based on studying Bible prophecy and then doing some research, I think I have stumbled across a candidate who fits the bill that the Bible points out for the Antichrist.  It is not Vladimir Putin or Barack Obama or Tony Blair.  He is a newcomer to the world scene - the new Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras.  Here is what I believe that matches up with Scripture.  He is an atheist, first and foremost.  As a child in the early 1980's, he became involved with the Communist Youth of Greece.  He is leader of the Coalition of the Radical Left political party in Greece.  He is from Athens, Greece which fulfills the prophecy that he must come the European Union (the reborn Holy Roman Empire) and from Macedonia which includes Greece.  He is very pro-Palestine.  He has already talked with Pope Francis, who is shaping up to be the False Prophet, and they see eye to eye on a lot of thing.  I can't say 100% certain that he is indeed the Antichrist, but he is the best candidate we've had so far.  So, take that and chew on it for a little while. Smiley
I like how 90% of that had nothing to do with what was actually written in the Bible.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2015, 02:43:45 AM »

Hasn't Bushie said within the past several weeks that he likes or at least is more or less okay with the Holy Father? Also, Macedonia 'including' Greece would be news to the Greeks. And the Macedonians.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2015, 01:14:46 PM »

No it isn't.

no attempt at snark was made; all of my statements were 100% factual Curly

If we're going to maintain any pretense of discussing important matters of public interest, we should at least possess some academic and linguistic integrity. The lack of formality in discourse on this forum is absolutely sickening. Even Bushie has the capacity to use full sentences.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2015, 01:39:16 PM »

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »

Not to mention that Rape is much worse than being falsely accused of rape.

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.

Our resident psychopath strikes again, I see.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2015, 03:10:06 PM »

The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2015, 03:14:34 PM »

Wow.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #196 on: February 19, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »

The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.

It's one of the worst I've seen here.  The last one that matched this level of callousness is... well it was Cory and his opinion of Madeline... and before that it was Cory's thoughts on AIDS.  

Someone has to set the bar, I suppose.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

If we're going to maintain any pretense of discussing important matters of public interest, we should at least possess some academic and linguistic integrity. The lack of formality in discourse on this forum is absolutely sickening. Even Bushie has the capacity to use full sentences.

I agree with Cathcon on something! Cheesy
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2015, 03:24:58 PM »

Jesus Christ, just ban this guy already.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2015, 03:28:37 PM »

Jesus Christ, just ban this guy already.

No no no.  There are good reasons we need people like Cory to be speaking. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies