Washington state: White House Wants No Messy Primary

(1/3) > >>

Frodo:
since former Congressman Rick White seems to be the most formidable candidate in the list provided in this article (absent Dino Rossi and Jennifer Dunn), how do you all think he will do against Sen. Maria Cantwell?

White House weighing in on strongest Cantwell rival

By Alicia Mundy
Seattle Times Washngton bureau

The White House has a message for would-be Republican challengers to Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell: No messy primary.

The White House has made Cantwell among their top targets in the 2006 midterm elections, and has told some candidates it wants to avoid an expensive intraparty battle.

That means that there likely will be no Republican primary in Washington state for the three men who are considering running against Cantwell — former U.S. Rep. Rick White, state Republican Party Chairman Chris Vance and Mike McGavick, the chairman and CEO of Safeco.

However, there will be a primary of sorts — in Washington, D.C. And it's already begun.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2002244026_rickwhite17m.html

AuH2O:
Rick White is no joke. The other two I'm not too impressed with.

It should be competitive if White gets the nod, which is all you can ask.

Fmr. Gov. NickG:

Has Rossi ever said he's not running?  I haven't heard anything from him suggest he would, but I don't really know why he wouldn't, especially seeing as how long he's been willing to press this vote fraud issue.  Unless he just doesn't want to move to DC.

Keystone Phil:
Quote from: Fmr. Gov. NickG on April 18, 2005, 01:39:46 PM

Has Rossi ever said he's not running?  I haven't heard anything from him suggest he would, but I don't really know why he wouldn't, especially seeing as how long he's been willing to press this vote fraud issue.  Unless he just doesn't want to move to DC.

He said he wouldn't run but I think he'll change his mind.

bgwah:
Rick White-eh...He did lose re-election. But Cantwell shouldn't pull a Gregoire and take her re-election for granted!
Chris Vance-oooh, I can see Cantwell breaking 60% now...
Mike McGavick-Umm...Don't even know anything about the guy!

VANCE! VANCE! VANCE!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page