Parting shots?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:40:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Parting shots?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Parting shots?  (Read 5338 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »

I agree with you in substance, but you're not telling us anything we don't already know, and also 'I acknowledge I've broken your laws.  Thank you for sending Jesus to save me; please help me, Lord' is a terrible formula for a prayer.

Why is "Thank you for sending Jesus to save me; please help me, Lord" a terrible formula for a prayer? I mean, it's a tad vague and only one sentence but that general formula is reflected in a ton of prayers.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2014, 07:08:18 PM »

Thanks for posting, Gauss Law. I'm rather bewildered by the way you're going out from this place, but you certainly did contribute.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »

I agree with you in substance, but you're not telling us anything we don't already know, and also 'I acknowledge I've broken your laws.  Thank you for sending Jesus to save me; please help me, Lord' is a terrible formula for a prayer.

Why is "Thank you for sending Jesus to save me; please help me, Lord" a terrible formula for a prayer? I mean, it's a tad vague and only one sentence but that general formula is reflected in a ton of prayers.

'Terrible' is on second thought much too strong a word. I just prefer prayers to be a little more elaborated.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2014, 08:00:21 PM »

I just prefer prayers to be a little more elaborated.
Matthew 6:7-8?

Tho to be fair, elaborate prayers may be helpful in having you reflect upon the situation despite them not being necessary to have God reflect upon the problem.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2014, 08:04:40 PM »

Tho to be fair, elaborate prayers may be helpful in having you reflect upon the situation despite them not being necessary to have God reflect upon the problem.

Yes, that's my reasoning.
GaussLaw
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2014, 08:32:07 PM by GaussLaw »

Yes, that's my reasoning.

Fair enough.  Perhaps I was a tad too concise.    I was thinking somewhere along the lines of "The Law and the Gospel," like this by Ray Comfort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc3eWK8GoqI

EDIT:  I think Ray Comfort is a bit too harsh when he does his stint, with the "You're not a good person!  You're a sinner,"  though he has the right ideas. I think a better idea is "We're all flawed, take a look at the 10 Commandments, let's walk through them, but remember that Jesus died on a cross for our sins."
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »

I hope we cross paths again sometime. Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 07:48:30 AM »

We are guilty before the law of God and Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life."  We can have debates over other religions, and I'm not saying they won't be saved per se, but your best bet is to submit to the truth.   When I was born again, I felt brand new.  Please, please, please.  This is the most important thing you will ever do!  When you call upon the Lord and say, "I acknowledge I've broken your laws.  Thank you for sending Jesus to save me; please help me, Lord," you have become a child of God!

Disingenuous.

Taking the 'finished product' of Christianity off the because you're culturally familiar with it and declaring it to be 'true' is terribly easy and equally as mundane. Thinking differently is a far bolder, difficult and often more fulfilling avenue to take.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 10:00:33 PM »

Troll:  "YALL NIGGAS NEED JESUS"
Nathan:  "I can agree with the spirit of the sentiment, however I find that it is not simply the African American community that requires further spiritual sustenance."
RR1997
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 10:06:56 PM »

Sorry bro, but this isn't going to convince anyone, and you probably know that, so I'm going to assume that you're trolling.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies